PDA

View Full Version : My poor ratty :[

riley
08-15-2004, 05:16 PM
My poor rat cinnamon has a tumor under her little arm and I don't know what to do if I should get her surgery, but thats so expensive is there medicine or anything I can do:(

Desert Arabian
08-15-2004, 05:34 PM
Surgery is the only option to remove it. There are no medications to rid of it. I have two females with tumors and my vet wants over $500 to remove the tumors for each of them. Check the fees at your vet office, I am sure they are lower than that, since my vet seems to be the only butthole with outrageous prices. I feel your pain. I have had 4 females that had tumors- it sucks so much! :mad: :(

riley
08-15-2004, 05:36 PM
Since your price is so high what do you think you are going to do with them??

Uabassoon
08-15-2004, 05:40 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your ratties. I'm always scared about my ratties and that they will get a tumor someday.

Desert Arabian
08-15-2004, 06:24 PM
If no vet in the area has a lower price...nothing... :(

tatsxxx11
08-15-2004, 07:14 PM
Poor Cinnamon:( Hopefully your vet's cost is lower than 500.00:( Perhaps he would allow you to pay over time? I'll be thinking of you and your precious little rattie.

tikeyas_mom
08-15-2004, 09:56 PM
my male rat has two tumors on his left side. :(.
rats get tumors, it is just a fact of life I guess.
I wouldent let it get too big because that can cause alot of problems for your rattie.

talk to your vet.

caseysmom
08-16-2004, 02:16 PM
My kids had several female pet rats, they are prone to these breast/underarm tumors. The only problem with removing them is they usually get another one. On the up side our rats survived quite a long time after the tumor first appeared. I always wondered if the diet made them worse our rats liked junk food so that is something to think about.