PDA

View Full Version : What do you feed your rat?

Uabassoon
08-15-2004, 03:08 PM
I know this has been done on the cat and dog side, but I was curious as to what everyone here feeds their ratties.

Mokey, as well as my girlfriends rats (Ari and Mushroom) eat Suebees mix, and every other day or so they get about 1 harlan teklad lab block.

Desert Arabian
08-15-2004, 03:33 PM
Their staple diet is Suebee's mix. They refuse to eat lab blocks.

I also feed them many different fruits: strawberries, grapes, watermelon, honeydew, starfruit, bananas, kiwi, blueberries, oranges, apples (rarely), pears, cucumbers, mango, canteloupe (sp), etc.

And of course they get veggies: carrots, lettuce, bok choy, green beans, peas, etc

Meats: chicken, beef, liver, goose, duck, venison, buffalo, elk, bear, duck, mealworms, etc.

They also get crackers/cookies and various other healthy stuff.

:D Spoiled piggies!!

Uabassoon
08-15-2004, 06:39 PM
Mokey wouldn't eat lab blocks either at first, and she also wasn't too fond of the dog food in the Suebee's mix. It wasn't until she learned that she wasn't getting any new food until she ate everything that she started eating the lab blocks and dog food.

I've never actually tried giving my rats meat before, I should try it sometime. When we have them in the house they get fruits and veggies and sometimes they get soymilk as a treat. Oh and yoggies! They love yoggies, they get one every other day and they go nuts.

tikeyas_mom
08-15-2004, 10:03 PM
dryed oat meal, bran, dryed banana, dryed cranberries, cooked and uncooked rice, whole weat bread, strawberries, frozen peas, raisons, carrots, broccoli, cherrios, shreddies, puffed weat, nutro lite dog food, i cant think of the rest but i know there is more ;)

CathyBogart
08-15-2004, 10:51 PM
Harlan Teklad lab blocks and an assortment of table scraps. :) (I've got some yogies too)