PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of these dogs?

sammy101
08-15-2004, 02:00 PM
what do you think of these dogs?? Like...

Chi-Poo
Cockapoo
Bich-poo
Cairnoodle
DaisyDog
Doodleman Pincher
English Boodle
Golden-doodle
labra-doodle
Lhasapoo
Malti-poo
Papoo
Pekepoo
Pomapoo
Pugapoo
Shnoodle
Shepadoodle
WEimerdoodle
Westipoo
Whoodles
YorkiPoo
Pomchi
Malti-Pom
Puggle
Peek-a-pom

OMg that was a long list,well anyways i look for purebred Dogs on this website that shows All the exsiting breeds,and these are considered purebred breeds?? heres the WEbsite

www.dogbreedinfo.com

Uabassoon
08-15-2004, 02:41 PM
I like the actual dogs, but I hate the breeders for purposly breeding these dogs. There are already so many dogs in the world that needs home so I don't understand why there is a need to breed these dogs. To answer your question they are not considered purebreds. They can't be registered with the AKC.

Shelteez2
08-15-2004, 02:43 PM
And that is the reason I don't like dogbreedinfo.com. Those aren't purebreds, and the only registries that register these dogs are bogus ones. It just gives people the idea of breeding two dogs to make a buck.
People may say that all purebred dogs today were mixed from different breeds a long time ago, but I don't care. I don't see a need for it in today's society. There is a purebred out there for any need you may find. And if not there are many mixed breeds out there dying in shelters.

sirrahved
08-15-2004, 02:55 PM
The only way I would consider paying exhorbitant amounts for a dog/cat would be if I considered breeding them. (that way there would be profit) if I wanted a mixed breed dog, I'd go to the shelter.

Plus, who's to say any two would look remotely alike? Take Muffin for instance. She's most likely a black lab/border collie. She weighs less than 40 pounds (aproximately the size of a border collie) but has a lab shaped head, has the tuft of lab type fur on her tail base, and has a medium coat. Hypothetically she could have a littermate closer to 90 pounds with long hair and a border collie shaped face...

Of course... I've always fantasized about the bull $hi* immortalized by Jim Carey!!

Can't you just see the exchanges that would go on!
"Hey, Miss, what breed is your dog?"

"Why thank you for inquiring, sir. You are looking at a bull $hi*!"

Seriously, that would be so awesome!

Yes, I have a warped mind... thank you for noticing:D

sammy101
08-15-2004, 02:59 PM
Personally,i dont really like them,and i dont think that they should be breedding them,i would rather go to a shelter and adopt one for $90 then buy one for $500.They're cute but they really shouldnt be breeding them...:mad: ,but i did see a Yorki-Poo and it was a really sweet dog,and it was a puupy so it was cute,of course,but i wouldnt buy one from a breeder

cali
08-15-2004, 03:14 PM
most I dont like. they are mixes and should not be sold as purbreds. by the way the austrailian Labradoodle is not the same as the american version, the austrailian labradoodle which is the original was develped as a guide dog for people with allergies, and they are NOT just a mix of lab and poodle. the australian labradoodle has been around since the 70s. the labradoodle most people know however is a mimic and not the real thing.

animal_rescue
08-15-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by sirrahved
The only way I would consider paying exhorbitant amounts for a dog/cat would be if I considered breeding them. (that way there would be profit) if I wanted a mixed breed dog, I'd go to the shelter.

Plus, who's to say any two would look remotely alike? Take Muffin for instance. She's most likely a black lab/border collie. She weighs less than 40 pounds (aproximately the size of a border collie) but has a lab shaped head, has the tuft of lab type fur on her tail base, and has a medium coat. Hypothetically she could have a littermate closer to 90 pounds with long hair and a border collie shaped face...

Of course... I've always fantasized about the bull $hi* immortalized by Jim Carey!!

Can't you just see the exchanges that would go on!
"Hey, Miss, what breed is your dog?"

"Why thank you for inquiring, sir. You are looking at a bull $hi*!"

Seriously, that would be so awesome!

Yes, I have a warped mind... thank you for noticing:D

LOL I've always thought about that aswell! As for the list I don't think they are purebred nor will they ever be unless they have breed standards.

Aspen and Misty
08-15-2004, 03:59 PM
Cali was right.

Laberdoodles are bred for there fur. Poodles have hypoalergenic (SP) fur. But the want something the lab has so they breed the two to make them a good guide dog, and they are. But they can be HUGE.

Ashley

cali
08-15-2004, 04:13 PM
ash labradoodles are not just lab poodle mixes, because most nowadays some do shed, the austrailian labradoodle has something else thrown in, but those breeders dont plan to reveil their secret yet lol they are planning to reveile the secret part in a book I believe..

by the way I breed is considered "pure" when it breeds true. their are plentie of real breeds not recignized by a legimite KC and that dont have an breed standerd. but until you can cockapoo to a cockapoo and get a cockapoo its just a mix. :p

Amber
08-15-2004, 05:46 PM
nah, I don't think they should be purebreds

But I must say, Shnoodles are adorable!

riley
08-15-2004, 05:50 PM
I really like the labradoodles and goldendoodles. My friend is very allergic to dogs and she wanted a golden because they are so adorable and have nice temperments, but theys shed A LOT so they finally got a dog thats perfect for them. And I think every family should have a dog because they bring such joy into peoples lives:D