PDA

View Full Version : Litter

Craftlady
08-15-2004, 09:32 AM
When we adopted Eleanor from PetSmart Adoption the local shelter that handles things for them gave us a bucket of litter. It resembled TidyCat but had a nicer smell. They weren't sure of the brand because they always get free stuff from companies to try out and they come in unmarked container. This stuff was amazing. Liquid deposits stayed put when scooped. Tidy never did that on a consistant basis.

So off I went to the store to figure out which litter this resembled. If the container could be opened, I did and sniffed the litter. I don't care if I looked wierd in the store. :D I found it. :D It's not an exact match but pretty dern close. It's Fresh Step it has a nice smell not to strong and liquid stays put in it's clump. I scoop allot and it doesn't fall apart. :)

I have been a diehard Tidy mulitcat scoopable user for 5 yrs. My only complaint that liquid didn't stay clumped constantly. I'm a happy camper that I found Fresh Step.

Just thought I'd share my litter experience. This might help save alot of folks from sniffing litter to find the right brand. ;)

carla and mike
08-15-2004, 09:37 AM
I'll remember to try that next litter run.Thanks for the info.:D

catmandu
08-15-2004, 11:05 AM
I find atht the Best Litrer,for The Found Cats,is the pet Valu Extra Strength Clumbing Litter,its harder to dig out,although Lord knows Moose,and Joseph,make a carreer,out of it!

NoahsMommy
08-15-2004, 11:28 AM
That's the kind we use too. :)

jazzcat
08-15-2004, 11:34 AM
I use Tidy Cat but I think I've used Fresh Step in the past and liked it so sounds like I need to use it again. Anything to not have crumbling pee biscuits.

nibblets
08-15-2004, 11:36 AM
we use Fresh step and I am very happy with it. Good stuff!

lizzielou742
08-15-2004, 06:32 PM
I'm going to start switching mine from Arm & Hammer to Fresh Step, if it's cheaper (I think it is). Arm & Hammer is just too expensive for a such a small box. Thanks for the advice! :)

Craftlady
08-15-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by lizzielou742
I'm going to start switching mine from Arm & Hammer to Fresh Step, if it's cheaper (I think it is). Arm & Hammer is just too expensive for a such a small box. Thanks for the advice! :)

Runs $8 to $11 depending on size. I've seen coupons in Smartsource.

NoahsMommy
08-15-2004, 07:00 PM
We just bought the 35lb tub at PetSmart...we get one a week...and it costed $10.49. I think they have the best deals on it, last week it was on sale for $9.99.

Sometimes Target will carry it for $8.99, that's we truly look like a bunch of crazy cat people with two carts FULL! ;)

Uabassoon
08-15-2004, 07:06 PM
I HATE Tidy cats, I think it's one of the worst scoopable litters I've ever tried. Mainly because the clumps never actually hold and they crumble apart. Fresh Step is nice, I mostly use Scoop Away because it's cheaper and works really well, I also like Arm & Hammer. But the two times I tried tidy cats I just thought it was horrible.

Craftlady
08-15-2004, 07:20 PM
I will have to check our PetSmart see what sizes they carry. I always headed for Tidy Cat stuff and never checked any of others out.

catcrazylady
08-15-2004, 08:49 PM
Fresh Step is the only litter we use. Walmart was out and we grabbed a bucket of something else and it was horrible! We now drive out of our way if we have to in order to get Fresh Step. It is really good stuff to be one of the cheaper litters.

leslie
08-15-2004, 09:33 PM
No one likes the walmart brand of scoopable? (or is that scoopaway?) I got 2 boxes in my car - I cannot remember the names of all these litters! I like the walmart brand, but it is dusty- but they all are... walmart's

was the top of consumer reports a few years ago- don't know if it still is. You get a lot for the money and it scoops well. Grocery store prices are obscene!
We had a state tax free day yesterday so Jan and i hit both Walmart and Petsmart!

Craftlady
08-15-2004, 09:43 PM
When we first got RB Butterscotch, I tried the special kitty (walmart brand) did not care of it. To dusty and it spread throughout the house to easily. Didnt care for the smell or lack there of. LOL

shais_mom
08-15-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by carla and mike
I'll remember to try that next litter run.Thanks for the info.:D
Ditto!

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-16-2004, 12:35 AM
I am currently using Scoop Away. I prefer Fresh Step, but the stores here are out of stock!