PDA

View Full Version : 3 days

davidpizzica
08-15-2004, 05:53 AM
Well, gang, 3 more days and it's hospital time! This time for sure. My potassium level should be up real good now (bananas are delicious!) Monday I have to get a blood test to find where my potassium level is. NEW KNEE YAY! I'm not so nervous now thanks to all of the PT support!!

Rachel
08-15-2004, 08:23 AM
I am very encouraged to know that you are not as nervous as you were before. Maybe that *dry run* was helpful in more ways than one. Of course we will have you in our prayers once again.

Randi
08-15-2004, 08:42 AM
David, it's good to hear you're not as nervous a before. :) Hope your levels are up to where they should be.

We're wishing you all the best for a succesful operation! Fister sends purrs!

catnapper
08-15-2004, 09:16 AM
Good luck with your Potasium levels and good luck on the knee replacement surgery! We'll be thinking about you!

Tonya
08-15-2004, 09:54 AM
Good luck, David. Keep us posted!

gini
08-15-2004, 12:39 PM
David, it sounds as though you used up all of your worrying energy getting prepared for the prior non-surgery.

Everyone keeps telling you that you will be so happy with the results and will soon be back on your feet and running!

Prayers and good thoughts going out to you!

slleipnir
08-15-2004, 12:40 PM
I'm glad you're not as nervous :) Good luck! Hope to see you back posting soon!

Aspen and Misty
08-15-2004, 12:44 PM
David, I'm going to come visit you in the hospital ;) I'll just walk in the door with all these gifts and be like "Hi! I'm aspen and misty!" ;)

I hope your surgery goes well! Keep us posted!

Ashley

davidpizzica
08-15-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Randi
David, it's good to hear you're not as nervous a before. :) Hope your levels are up to where they should be.

We're wishing you all the best for a succesful operation! Fister sends purrs! Randi, I'm so full of potassium that I think it's coming out of my ears!! Between what the hospital gave me, potassium pills, and eating bananas I shouldn't have any problem.(I hope)

davidpizzica
08-15-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
David, I'm going to come visit you in the hospital ;) I'll just walk in the door with all these gifts and be like "Hi! I'm aspen and misty!" ;)

I hope your surgery goes well! Keep us posted!

Ashley All right!!

tatsxxx11
08-15-2004, 07:07 PM
Now that's a pal!:D Aspen & Misty, give David a BIG hug for me, ok? Hmmm...that would be Wednesday, David??? So glad you're prep'd and ready to rumble:D You're gonna wow 'em, friend!:)

davidpizzica
08-15-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
Now that's a pal!:D Aspen & Misty, give David a BIG hug for me, ok? Hmmm...that would be Wednesday, David??? So glad you're prep'd and ready to rumble:D You're gonna wow 'em, friend!:) tatsxxx11, I am more relaxed this time around! Now that(I think) have the potassium problem solved. I sort of know a little more of what's going to happen this second time around. Aspen & Misty, you can give me ALL the hugs you want!!

Corinna
08-15-2004, 07:36 PM
David I was talking to my dad (had his done last fall) Says the pain from recovery was less that the daily pain before the operation.
Slick and I will keep you laughing after you get home. Good luck.

slick
08-15-2004, 08:03 PM
As always David, my prayers will continue until you come back on baord again.

Just one concern I have. The last time, I called around to several hospitals to try and get an update and they all said that you were not there. Obviously I called the wrong hospitals. This time is there anyone out there who can get an update and post the day of the operation? Ashley, maybe? If she could just call the hospital to make sure you are alright and then let us know that would be a load off our minds. If you are in the hospital for a week, we'll have to wait that long and....

WAAAAAAAHHHHHHH I DON'T WANT TO WAIT THAT LONG FOR AN UPDATE!

Lillycat
08-15-2004, 08:54 PM
good luck.....hope the days fly by!

kingrattus
08-15-2004, 09:01 PM
david p this is the first I've heard of this. My aunt had both knees done & shes not even 50 yet.

The first one went so smoothly the dr.'s were amased & she got her 2ed one done earlier, then normal. The 2ed one went well, untiul her husband left on a work trip & she had to tend to the newborn sheep. It got infected, then her bones got infected & now shes fighting to keep her leg. They ended up removing the new knee & fusing the good bones together. so her leg is stiff now.

Please listen to the dr. & when they say, stay clean & get plenty of bed rest DO IT!!!! She would have been fine if her husban didn't have to go 2000km away & if the stupid farm boys would have helped out more so she wouldn't have had to do barn work.

Good luck & enjoy the new painless knee.
My aunt said the pain from the surgery didn't bother her at all. She was walking around right away!!!

Felicia's Mom
08-15-2004, 09:05 PM
I hope everything goes well for you! Keep us posted!

davidpizzica
08-16-2004, 07:15 PM
Well everybody, Ashley of Aspen & Marty might visit me in the hospital, and I'll tell to put an update thread on about me. Some how, I;m a little more relaxed this time around!

davidpizzica
08-16-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by david p
Well everybody, Ashley of Aspen & Marty might visit me in the hospital, and I'll tell to put an update thread on about me. Some how, I;m a little more relaxed this time around! BTW, Slick is going to call me, too, and she can add to the update.

davidpizzica
08-16-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by kingrattus
david p this is the first I've heard of this. My aunt had both knees done & shes not even 50 yet.

The first one went so smoothly the dr.'s were amased & she got her 2ed one done earlier, then normal. The 2ed one went well, untiul her husband left on a work trip & she had to tend to the newborn sheep. It got infected, then her bones got infected & now shes fighting to keep her leg. They ended up removing the new knee & fusing the good bones together. so her leg is stiff now.

Please listen to the dr. & when they say, stay clean & get plenty of bed rest DO IT!!!! She would have been fine if her husban didn't have to go 2000km away & if the stupid farm boys would have helped out more so she wouldn't have had to do barn work.

Good luck & enjoy the new painless knee.
My aunt said the pain from the surgery didn't bother her at all. She was walking around right away!!! I'm going to do EVERYTHING the doctors tell me to do! I also have a tough outside job. I am groundskeeper at my local golf course! I'm a little older than your aunt, I'm 56, but the doctor said that I was a little young for knee repacement. That's the first time in a long time somebody said I was a litle TOO YOUNG for something!!

kingrattus
08-16-2004, 08:54 PM
my aunt found it funny when she heard the " TOO YOUNG " comment too. But she should have had the surgery over 10 years ago. She hasn't willingly bent her knees for almost 15 years now. & her ankles bones were fused together by dr.'s about 10-15 years ago due to so much pain in them.

Her dr. said shes the youngest person they have ever done the surgery on out there.

& kinda off topic but still Dr. related. My dad holds a hospital record for largest skin absest removed. For months he was the talk of the hospital & when it was first removed they took the absest & showed it all across the hospital. It was about 5-6 inches long & about1 1/2 inches across. It was in his back :eek:

I had been bugging him for 5 years to get it looked at cause it kept getting bigger & the pin hole in the center was getting bigger & deeper (about 1cm long). He finally went & the Dr. said not to worry about it. Soon it'll erupt & cause u pain & then we'll remove it.

Not even a week later !!BOOM!! It started leaking & he couldn't even sleep in his chair without pain. & then he got it removed on the 3rd day hehehe..

The Dr's expected ME to pack his 6 inch hole in his back twice a day!! I told my dad he was NUTS!! No way in hell I'm touching it!! So we had a nurse do it :)

I told him the only time I'd do it was if I was the only one who was around & I'd do it to Max with no questions asked (cheaper then the vets doing it). I still get shivers thinking about that gaping hole.

slick
08-16-2004, 09:56 PM
What time is your operation supposed to be and how many hours are you ahead of me? I'm on PST.

gini
08-16-2004, 10:00 PM
David, you ARE too young to be having this major surgery.

I know that it won't be long before you are back at Thursdays and cutting up the rug with your dancing!

I will be following all of the good news that is upcoming about you!

slick
08-16-2004, 10:11 PM
David, just thought of something. If I give Ashley the recipe for the slushies, maybe she can whip up a batch and bring it to you in the hospital. :D :D Talk about a painkiller. :eek:

davidpizzica
08-16-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by slick
What time is your operation supposed to be and how many hours are you ahead of me? I'm on PST. Slick, The hospital will call tomorrow to tell me what time to go in there. I'm on EST time which would make it 11.13 P.M. in Pittsburgh. Slick, you are a beautiful girl to worry about me. I love you for it!!!

davidpizzica
08-16-2004, 10:21 PM
David, just thought of something. If I give Ashley the recipe for the slushies, maybe she can whip up a batch and bring it to you in the hospital. :D :D Talk about a painkiller. :eek: Slick, that would be better than all of the painkillers in the hospital! LOL LOL

slick
08-16-2004, 10:26 PM
Slick, The hospital will call tomorrow to tell me what time to go in there. I'm on EST time which would make it 11.13 P.M. in Pittsburgh. Slick, you are a beautiful girl to worry about me. I love you for it!!!
:o :o Shucks!
We are ALL worried about you. I'm just trying to find a way of getting the good news early and spreading it around Pet Talk for everyone. Don't forget to take Mario with you. He will bring you good luck while you're in the "joint".

Aspen and Misty
08-16-2004, 10:59 PM
I can call if you want. I'm still trying to arrang things to see if I can get down there ::crosses fingers:: :D
I don't want to make any promises though! I'm working hard to try and get there though!!! :D

Hmm, what hospital will you be at? What time will your surgery end? What day are you going in again? Any info I might need to get to your room? I've only ever visited my bro in the hospital!

Hmm, I'm still not sure if I can get there or not! But I sure will try!!! If not, good luck and is there a number I can call to check up on you also?

How long will you be in the hospital? I'm going to IUP on Saturday and could drop in, if you don't mind, if your still there that is! :D

Ashley

trayi52
08-16-2004, 11:10 PM
David, I'm glad to hear you are calmer this time around. I will be thinking about you, and will keep you in my prayers.

Make sure you keep us updated somehow, so we don't worry so much.

Willie:)

davidpizzica
08-16-2004, 11:24 PM
I can call if you want. I'm still trying to arrang things to see if I can get down there ::crosses fingers:: :D
I don't want to make any promises though! I'm working hard to try and get there though!!! :D

Hmm, what hospital will you be at? What time will your surgery end? What day are you going in again? Any info I might need to get to your room? I've only ever visited my bro in the hospital!

Hmm, I'm still not sure if I can get there or not! But I sure will try!!! If not, good luck and is there a number I can call to check up on you also?

How long will you be in the hospital? I'm going to IUP on Saturday and could drop in, if you don't mind, if your still there that is! :D

Ashley Ashley, I'm going in on wednesday august the 18th. I'll be at Forbes Regional Hospital in Monroeville, Pa. The hospital will call me tomorrow to tell me what time to go in. How familiar are you with Pittsburgh? You can call 412 858 3140 that's the surgical area of the hospital and they can tell you what room I'm in. I think altogether the surgery will take about two hours. I'll probably stay there 3 to 5 days. Can you smuggle Aspen & Misty in?

Aspen and Misty
08-16-2004, 11:34 PM
Ashley, I'm going in on wednesday august the 18th. I'll be at Forbes Regional Hospital in Monroeville, Pa. The hospital will call me tomorrow to tell me what time to go in. How familiar are you with Pittsburgh? You can call 412 858 3140 that's the surgical area of the hospital and they can tell you what room I'm in. I think altogether the surgery will take about two hours. I'll probably stay there 3 to 5 days. Can you smuggle Aspen & Misty in?

Sadly, Aspen (hamster) passed away 2 years ago and I think Misty would just sit there and hiss, LOL, silly kitty!!!!!

I dont' know if you know much about me or not so I'll tell you a bit! My name is Ashley :D I am 16 years old. I live in Williamsport PA with my Dad and older brother, but my mom will be with me if we come on Saturday. I am owned by 2 cats - Misty and Buddy, 2 Dogs- Connor and Nova 1 foster dog Breeze 1 Foster Cat- Wyatt, 2 Rabbits- Julian and Jaxom, 2 foster rabbits- Sharra and Molly 4 rats- Brook, Tundra, Butter-nutt and Lillian and I am involvd in Reascue work. Hmm, what else? I think thats about it,

O here is a picture of me with Thelma and Luise (bad pic, but a pic! LOL)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/Nova2002/a714580f.jpg

We probly could only stay a bit, but we could at least take some pics (HA HA), give ya some hugs and make sure your still alive! That way no one is worried! I'm not sure if I can yet or not, so dont' expect me. It will depend on how long it takes with my bro. If nothing else I WILL call!! Hey, do you have a last name or should I just call and ask for David P. the guy from Pet Talk who got his knee replaced! HA HA.

Ash :)

davidpizzica
08-16-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
David, I'm glad to hear you are calmer this time around. I will be thinking about you, and will keep you in my prayers.

Make sure you keep us updated somehow, so we don't worry so much.

Willie:) Willie, now that I had my "dry run" I sort of know a little more of what to expect. Willie, you are a very special lady. Slick may call me at the hospital and then she can tell everyone of my progress. I want to thahnk ALL of the PTers for their support, Prayers , and well wishes!

teenster3
08-16-2004, 11:36 PM
Best wishes & thoughts are with you David!!!! I hope you feel better very soon!!!!:D
Tina

slick
08-16-2004, 11:52 PM
Slick may call me at the hospital and then she can tell everyone of my progress.
What do you mean MAY!!!! I WILL call and make sure everyone knows you came out of it OK. :) :)

gini
08-17-2004, 12:34 AM
David, you didn't think you were going to be able to just slip away to some unknown hospital, have major surgery and not have any of us track you down, did you?

You don't know who you are messin with when you mess with Slick! She will get the job done like no other............and all of us will be waiting for her report.

Seriously, all of us care and want so much for this to be a great success and a huge improvement in your life!

(Slick is a very special lady!)

slick
08-17-2004, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by gini
(Slick is a very special lady!)
Shhhhhh! I've got a reputation to uphold! :D :D :eek:

davidpizzica
08-17-2004, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by gini
David, you didn't think you were going to be able to just slip away to some unknown hospital, have major surgery and not have any of us track you down, did you?

You don't know who you are messin with when you mess with Slick! She will get the job done like no other............and all of us will be waiting for her report.

Seriously, all of us care and want so much for this to be a great success and a huge improvement in your life!

(Slick is a very special lady!) Gini, I tried but Slick is too powerful!!I should NEVER UNDERESTIMATE her power! Seriously, you two have made this easier to face (Daisy is helping me type here), I know it isnt going to be funsville tomorrow, but thanks you two for a sense of humor and PT support!

davidpizzica
08-17-2004, 04:27 AM
Sadly, Aspen (hamster) passed away 2 years ago and I think Misty would just sit there and hiss, LOL, silly kitty!!!!!

I dont' know if you know much about me or not so I'll tell you a bit! My name is Ashley :D I am 16 years old. I live in Williamsport PA with my Dad and older brother, but my mom will be with me if we come on Saturday. I am owned by 2 cats - Misty and Buddy, 2 Dogs- Connor and Nova 1 foster dog Breeze 1 Foster Cat- Wyatt, 2 Rabbits- Julian and Jaxom, 2 foster rabbits- Sharra and Molly 4 rats- Brook, Tundra, Butter-nutt and Lillian and I am involvd in Reascue work. Hmm, what else? I think thats about it,

O here is a picture of me with Thelma and Luise (bad pic, but a pic! LOL)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/Nova2002/a714580f.jpg

We probly could only stay a bit, but we could at least take some pics (HA HA), give ya some hugs and make sure your still alive! That way no one is worried! I'm not sure if I can yet or not, so dont' expect me. It will depend on how long it takes with my bro. If nothing else I WILL call!! Hey, do you have a last name or should I just call and ask for David P. the guy from Pet Talk who got his knee replaced! HA HA.

Ash :) My full name is David Pizzica(piz-EE-ca) Now try to pronoucing it! I really get original with my user name!!

davidpizzica
08-17-2004, 04:29 AM
Shhhhhh! I've got a reputation to uphold! :D :D :eek: Slick, this will be our little secret!

slick
08-17-2004, 11:39 AM
I'll be at Forbes Regional Hospital in Monroeville, Pa. You can call 412 858 3140 that's the surgical area of the hospital and they can tell you what room I'm in.
Oh that's just great....now it's a published phone number. I can just hear the hospital now....

"Marge.....it's one of them there Pet Talkers again. Why don't we just set up an answering machine!" :rolleyes:

davidpizzica
08-17-2004, 11:45 AM
Oh that's just great....now it's a published phone number. I can just hear the hospital now....

"Marge.....it's one of them there Pet Talkers again. Why don't we just set up an answering machine!" :rolleyes: Maybe DUM DUM should have PMed you with the number! That's is going to mess up their phone system!!! LOL LOL!

Logan
08-17-2004, 11:59 AM
David, I'm not close enough to visit, but I will have you in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck with your surgery!!!!! (Or should I say SIR JURY) :D :D :D

Aspen and Misty
08-17-2004, 01:16 PM
My full name is David Pizzica(piz-EE-ca) Now try to pronoucing it! I really get original with my user name!!

Hmm, Pizza-ca? No, Hmm, Pizz-I-ca?? No, hmm, Pizz-beeca??Hmmm Pizzzzz-eeeee-ccccccca Hmm, no??

Ha ha! Kidding Pizzica Piz-EE-ca!

Mm, now I'm hungry for Pizza.....

;) Good Luck! I hope I can stop in and see ya!

davidpizzica
08-17-2004, 01:33 PM
Hmm, Pizza-ca? No, Hmm, Pizz-I-ca?? No, hmm, Pizz-beeca??Hmmm Pizzzzz-eeeee-ccccccca Hmm, no??

Ha ha! Kidding Pizzica Piz-EE-ca!

Mm, now I'm hungry for Pizza.....

;) Good Luck! I hope I can stop in and see ya! Ashley, I'm going to get tons of pronounciations of my name!

carole
08-17-2004, 04:07 PM
Well David I nearly missed this thread, but see you are feeling more relaxed, maybe its because you have had a trial run, and of course all your PT people cheering you on.

Wow a visit from a PT person, and a pretty young girl at that, gee that will send the rumours around the hospital, just kiddin,isn't that sweet of her ., and yes Slick is one special lady David, we are all blessed to have her friendship on PT.

Now you take care ya hear, and keep cheering for us kiwi's in the Olympics, we need all the help we can get it appears.

Will be thinking of you matey, and hoping all goes well and you will be back on PT very soon. HUGS.!!!:)

Maybe we will just have to call you the Pizza man from PT. lol:p

davidpizzica
08-17-2004, 04:29 PM
Carole, I have to be at the hospital by 8:15 tomorrow morning with the surgery at about 10:45. You are right that dress rehersal(undress rehersal?) helped me to be less nervous this time around. Thank you, Carole for all of your kind thoughts and prayers. you are one beautiful NZ lady!

Cinder & Smoke
08-17-2004, 05:06 PM
OK, Kids - here's da SKOOP...

Send David a
Genuine, Kustom, Hoppsbittel
~ ** E-Card ** ~

Read All About it >>>

http://www.asri.edu/ecard/pickcard.asp (http://www.asri.edu/ecard/pickcard.asp)

But BEFORE you get started...

1) WRITE DOWN his FULL NAME - you'll *NEED* it!
" David Pizzica "

2) Be able to *pick* the correct HOSPITAL Name =
" Forbes Regional Hospital "

3) Start by "Picking a Card"...
Then continue with the steps on each page...

4) *SELECT* the Correct Hospital (Forbes Regional);
and fill in his First & Last Names.

SUGGESTION!! ~

**WAIT** till tomorrow morning (Wednesday) to send an E-Card -
Dunno *what* might happen to cards sent
*before* he's signed in as a Patient!

/s/ Phred

:D :D

slick
08-17-2004, 05:17 PM
That's sooo cool Phred! Let's all hope we don't pick out the same card!

ChrisH
08-17-2004, 05:24 PM
Good Luck, David!

Chris

Rachel
08-18-2004, 05:34 AM
Okay, David, one more message to let you know we are all there with you in thoughts and prayers. That surgery room will be thick with PT vibes. It will be so good to have this over with. The recovery should be a piece of cake compared to the *big wait and worry* before hand.

Killearn Kitties
08-18-2004, 10:20 AM
Aww, thanks so much for the link Cinder and Smoke! I've sent a card off. I hope he gets a nice pile of cards to look at. :D

lbaker
08-18-2004, 11:14 AM
I just sent my ecard! Thanks Phred!! I wish other hospitals had this service, my mom is in a hospital in Texas :(

Cinder & Smoke
08-18-2004, 11:47 AM
OK Pet Talkers ~

Let's see how many Hospital E-Cards we can have delivered
to David's room before he gets back from Sir Jury!!

Check back a couple posts for the *Instructions*
on How to Send David a Hospital E-Card.

/s/ Phred ..

slick
08-18-2004, 11:50 AM
I sent my ecard a couple of hours ago. :)
Was thinking that I'll send him two more, one from Nikki and one from Daisy.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-18-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
Please Send David your E-Card ~ ***NOW***

As Richard would say *DONE* :)

ChrisH
08-18-2004, 12:14 PM
*DONE* :D :)

slick
08-18-2004, 12:15 PM
I just called the hospital and he is in recovery right now. Later he will be moved to room 5018 on the 5th floor.

YIIIIIPPPEEEE! It's over. Now the hard part begins.

lbaker
08-18-2004, 12:24 PM
I just sent him a "thinking of you" card from Mario :rolleyes: :D ;)

Randi
08-18-2004, 12:34 PM
We sent ours! :)

Albea
08-18-2004, 01:37 PM
Thank you for the link, Phred. I just sent a card.
If anybody can understand how David is feeling right now it's me :(, after having gone through the same surgery. It won't be fun for a couple of days...

AmberLee
08-18-2004, 01:58 PM
{{{Phred}}}

Thanks for the link.

Cassy and Livvy :rolleyes: just sent a card.

Rachel
08-18-2004, 03:25 PM
Yes, Phred, thanks for the link. You're the BEST!!!

What a neat service for them to provide.

Randi
08-18-2004, 03:30 PM
Phred, how could I almost forget ... thanks a lot for the link, it made it so much easier! :) I wonder if danish hospitals have this service - I don't want to find out! ;)

tatsxxx11
08-18-2004, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the link Phred!!! Phew...IT'S OVER!!!:) But yes Alicia, the next few days will be tough...thank goodness for pain meds, caring nurses and good friends:)

Aspen and Misty
08-18-2004, 03:53 PM
Done. :)

Ash

gini
08-18-2004, 04:09 PM
Phred, thank you for the link - it is terrific that they do this!

I sent David a Congratulations on the Baby Boy card...........I told him that Mario spilled the beans.:D :D

lbaker
08-18-2004, 05:06 PM
OMG Gini, that's great! They will put him in the looney bin fur shur now :rolleyes:

Lillycat
08-18-2004, 05:25 PM
done!!!

AmberLee
08-18-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
...They will put him in the looney bin fur shur now ...

Do you get the impression someone in the hospital system is keeping a list of Pet Talk members for future looney bin residents? [Note to self: do NOT get into the Pennsylvania Hospital system!] :eek:

I do think this is a VERY cool service they provide, though.

slick
08-19-2004, 11:51 AM
GUESS WHAT....I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH DAVID!!!!
He's doing great and they have had him up and walking and now he's sitting in a chair. He says he's in a lot of pain and he's received about 2 dozen cards from us already and he's overwhelmed. I suggested that he bat his eyes at the nurses and beg for some internet time so he could post. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it will happen. He sounded very upbeat and says
THANK YOU FOR THE CARDS!! :) :)

Oh yea, if anyone else wants to spend some money and call him I have the direct number to his room. Just PM me.

gini
08-19-2004, 12:29 PM
Slick, thanks for taking the time to call David.

I would imagine that today will be one of his worst as far as pain, but that he will have steady improvement every day.

I hope he can get a computer to use. But thanks to Phred, he is getting his cards and he knows all of us are concerned and care.

Rachel
08-19-2004, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the update, Slick. I was hoping someone would call.
That is the best news to know he is doing okay and will be getting better each day.

Randi
08-19-2004, 04:06 PM
Slick, thanks so much for letting us know David is OK. From here it's FORWARD! :D I bet he'll charm the nurses one of these days to get some PT time in.

Now, if you talk to him again, tell him not to dance right away! We can wait a few thursdays. ;)

Corinna
08-19-2004, 04:25 PM
Thats great to hear Slick I just sent him a card. Cool idea for a hospital, thanks phred for letting us know about it.

Miss Meow
08-19-2004, 05:08 PM
Phred, what a great idea! Thank you :)

The card is on its way!

Cinder & Smoke
08-19-2004, 06:22 PM
Send David a FEW MORE
Genuine, Kustom, Hoppsbittel
~ ** E-Cards ** ~

Read All About it >>>

http://www.asri.edu/ecard/pickcard.asp (http://www.asri.edu/ecard/pickcard.asp)

But BEFORE you get started...

1) WRITE DOWN his FULL NAME - you'll *NEED* it!
" David Pizzica "

2) Be able to *pick* the correct HOSPITAL Name =
" Forbes Regional Hospital "

3) Start by "Picking a Card"...
Then continue with the steps on each page...

4) *SELECT* the Correct Hospital (Forbes Regional);
and fill in his First & Last Names.

-------------------------------------------------

"Word" Haz-it that the E-Cards are gettin through to David ~

Let's see if we can set a New Hospital Record ~

For The :eek: MOST E-Cards Delivered to ONE Patient! :D

*CLICK* on the Link Above - and Send Away!!

Friday is probably the LAST Day to send them before he
gets to Go Home :)
(They don't *deliver* E-Cards over the weekend.)

tatsxxx11
08-19-2004, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the uppiedate Slick:D:D:D I'm so glad to hear David's doing so well:) I sent my card yesterday...being from Cape Cod, I sent him the "lighthouse" selection:D It should be smooth sailing from here:) Thanks for getting the ball rolling, Phred:) BTW Phred, how bout some new Cinner and Smokster and Bootz pics???:)

catland
08-19-2004, 06:59 PM
too cool..

DONE:D

Corinna
08-19-2004, 07:23 PM
this is weird I sent the same one slick.

AmberLee
08-19-2004, 07:24 PM
One from me.

One from Cassy and Livvy! They reminded him to take time to eat the roses... :rolleyes:

carole
08-19-2004, 09:35 PM
What an awesome idea, I sent one now, hope it gets there in time, its only thursday over there , so should do, great stuff.

lbaker
08-20-2004, 07:06 AM
Just sent another silly one.. that's four for me (all signed differently of course, but same email so I'm sure I'm not fooling anyone... )

kimlovescats
08-21-2004, 12:44 AM
Thank you so much for the updates on David. I have been wondering about him .. and just now saw this thread tonight! ;)

I sent him a card the first time around ;) I do think it would be neat to call him at home though. If you have the "ok" to give out his home number, Slick ... I would like it!

Thanks,
Kim:)

slick
08-21-2004, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
I do think it would be neat to call him at home though. If you have the "ok" to give out his home number, Slick ... I would like it!

Thanks,
Kim:)
I don't have his home number Kim. All I have is the phone number to his room. Would like it too if someone has it. Maybe Donna?

lbaker
08-21-2004, 09:01 AM
Just spoke with David at the hospital, he says BIG BANNER HEADLINES... THANK YOU :D :D He sounds well but hurting :( He's listening to the nurses though and even though it hurts he's doing his exercises. He says the food is "tolerable" and the nurses are very good to him. He has no idea when he will be released (as of this morning anyway).

gini
08-21-2004, 09:57 AM
Aw, Laurie, how nice of you to stop and call David. Thanks for letting all of us know.

Poor guy, it just cannot be much fun for him right now. But each day will be getting better for him.

lbaker
08-21-2004, 10:04 AM
psst..hey Gini, we have few enough men on PT... gots to keep 'em happy - eh? ;)

slick
08-21-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by lbaker
psst..hey Gini, we have few enough men on PT... gots to keep 'em happy - eh? ;)
Yeah, you're right.

and

he's got such a cute american accent.....:D

lbaker
08-21-2004, 01:14 PM
That he does Slick, rather reminds me of Phred's voice. Just naturally mellows you down :cool:

Karen
08-21-2004, 01:22 PM
So good to hear he's doing well. I am glad he's listening to the nurses - knees are important and easily screwed up at this point. I hope he's stays as long as he needs to, and not a moment longer. Incarceration - I mean hospitalization - is just no fun.

davidpizzica
08-22-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Albea
Thank you for the link, Phred. I just sent a card.
If anybody can understand how David is feeling right now it's me :(, after having gone through the same surgery. It won't be fun for a couple of days... Albea, as Dr. Smith on "lost in space says, "Oh, then
pain, the pain"