PDA

View Full Version : Muffin got out! (but she's home safe!)

sirrahved
08-14-2004, 09:31 PM
I know people say border collies are the smartest dog, but this one takes the cake. Muffin figured out how to open our back gate and got out to the apartment complex! Luckily she's a sweet dog and already has many friends (all under the age of 14). Some of the neighborhood children knew her and held her, looking for where we lived. We found them not too far from our apartment. I thanked them profusely (I'm sure all of you know how panicked I was!) and told Muffin that now she gets to be tied up EVERY time she's in the back yard! I don't think she understood, but I know she HATES being tied up! I'll just have to explain repeatedly that it's for her own good!

I'm so glad those kids corralled her! I feel slightly embarrassed, but how was I to know that she could open the gate?

Anyone else have stories so I don't have to feel so sheepish?

Glacier
08-14-2004, 11:29 PM
Glad she's safe and sound.

My Muskwa thinks chainlink is a ladder. Climbs it like nothing. I had a foster dog who could clear an six foot fence from a standstill and could get over eight feet if she took a run at it. Right now, I have Mac the escape artist--he's never met a fence he can't beat. Over, under, through, whatever it takes he'll find a way! Currently he's been confined for five straight days. That's a record since he got here. I think I may have finally blocked his last way out. Feel better, now!???

prechrswife
08-16-2004, 06:15 PM
Oscar learned how to open our gate, too. My husband and I took Max in the front yard while Oscar was in the back. We wanted to clip Max's nails without "help". Next thing we know, Oscar is trotting around the front of the house. We now have a chain with a clasp on the gate.:)

BCBlondie
08-16-2004, 06:38 PM
Sesh's feelings get hurt pretty easily sometimes. So when he gets upset and knows I'm mad at him, he goes and hides under the playhouse in our backyard and I have to literally DRAG him out from under there. Other times he decides to jump the fence and sit on our neighbor's (the crazy old evil lady next door) porch... o_o'

Border Collies really do have a mind of their own.

flamepony12
08-16-2004, 07:08 PM
I have a dog named Muffin too, what a couinqidinque cause she LOVES to get out too.:) Glad you caught her!!

chrissycat21
08-16-2004, 08:28 PM
Snowy will get out if she has the chance. If she has the chance, and their is a little kid near by she'll run and pee all over them because she loves them so much! She got away once and I ran about 2-3 blocks barefoot to catch her.