PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Does your cat like to hear you sing?

sirrahved
08-14-2004, 07:33 PM
Marshmallow always comes running when she hears me singing... I think she finds it comforting. She loves to snuggle me when I sing. I was just singing a slow, melodic song, and sure enough, Marsh wanted to be petted.

sirrahbed
08-14-2004, 07:51 PM
Dad and I both sing to the kitties and they seem to like it:D I make up songs with their names in it and sing them.

kuhio98
08-14-2004, 08:02 PM
My kitties don't seem to care one way or the other. We sing all the time and they just ignore us. Kuhio hated if anyone whistled. I whistle a lot while taking a bath/shower and Kuhio would run in and YOWL at you to shut up. Singing? They don't care.

neko1
08-14-2004, 08:41 PM
I always make up songs with the kitties names in them. I don't think they really care when I sing.:o

AmberLee
08-14-2004, 08:54 PM
Well, mine SEEM indifferent, but they stroll in from other rooms. It looks like it's random, but its not. I think this means they like it and it goes against the cat constitution to admit it...

catnapper
08-14-2004, 09:48 PM
Like everyone else in the world, Pouncer tells me to shut up! :D

One time I was taking Pouncer to Petco to see his favorite purrrson (Jen) and he was laying quietly in the front seat. I was driving along in silence when a favorite song came on the radio. I started to sing along, and beofre I finished the first line, Pouncer meowed real loud - he told me to stop singing! :D Critics! :rolleyes:

DJFyrewolf36
08-14-2004, 09:55 PM
Remus is kind of picky when it comes to music. Some kinds he hides from and others he comes out and listens. It also depends on his mood too, some days are different than others!

Craftlady
08-14-2004, 09:59 PM
We sing songs to our kids using meow as the words and use the tune. Kids like christmas carols "meow style" :)

jazzcat
08-14-2004, 10:46 PM
I voted no because Jazz hates for me to raise my voice at all. It upsets her if I laugh, yell or sing too loudly.

Ripley likes for me to sing to him. His favorite song, and his theme song, is "Just a Gigilo" - I was a teenager in the 80s so of course I sing the David Lee Roth version, sorry.

LMigliore
08-14-2004, 11:29 PM
Zippy is extremely displeased to hear me sing. But so is everyone else... I'm not sure how Zippy would react to an actual singing voice. I guess Pavarotti would be OK with him.

catmandu
08-15-2004, 11:20 AM
The Found Cats,love to hear me sing,as Long,as The Song,is TREATS For CATS,TREATS For CATS! Thats JJJ3s Favorite Song!

Felicia's Mom
08-15-2004, 11:30 AM
I get no reaction from the cats when I sing.

RedHedd
08-15-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
I make up songs with their names in it and sing them. I do the same thing. Mishi looks at me like I'm insane and Mitzi runs away and hides. :rolleyes:

carla and mike
08-15-2004, 12:08 PM
I'm the worlds worse singer but my cats don't know this so they love it when I sing.LOL
Seems to calm everyone.:D
Humming I do more in case the neighbors hear.:eek: