PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever played with a ouija board?

teenster3
08-14-2004, 03:33 PM
I haven't played myself but my husband could tell you some stories!!!!!:eek:

One of my favorite horror movies is Witchboard(the 1st one)!

cali
08-14-2004, 03:38 PM
my answer is not up their lol no I have not, but I am not too afraid, I have just never had the opportunity

Uabassoon
08-14-2004, 03:38 PM
I haven't played since I was a little kid. I remember using it at slumber parties I was always scared but it was fun. I really don't believe in them tough, I mean they are manufactured by parker brothers. I just don't believe that Parker Brothers holds the key to the unknown.

Cookiebaker
08-14-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
I really don't believe in them tough, I mean they are manufactured by parker brothers. I just don't believe that Parker Brothers holds the key to the unknown.

Haha! That's exactly how I feel! :p My mom would never let us even go NEAR one! I personally think there is no "power" in them. :rolleyes:

catnapper
08-14-2004, 05:21 PM
We had some really weird experiences in college with them! :eek: Too many odd things to go into in one post! :D

chocolatepuppy
08-14-2004, 05:25 PM
My mom wouldn't let us have one but one time I used one at my neighbors. I wouldn't want to use one again, afraid what it might say and then I might have something to worry about. he he

dappledoxie
08-14-2004, 05:33 PM
I'd played one before and it was pretty fun but it's been along time, I don't think it's real though.

CountryWolf07
08-14-2004, 05:47 PM
I wouldn't..

I'm not sure about those things.. LOL. I've heard way too many scary stories..

RubyMutt
08-14-2004, 06:00 PM
Yes, in middle school my friends and I were OBSESSED!!

I had one friend who claimed she could hold seances (and did for us multiple times) Seesh, a 12 year old kid... and we fell for it hook, line and sinker :D

MariaM
08-14-2004, 06:19 PM
Never had the chance:(

moosmom
08-14-2004, 08:36 PM
When I was pregnant with my daughter (she's now 28 years old) my stepmother and I played with the Ouija board We asked it whether the baby was a boy or a girl and when it would be born.

It said it was a girl and would be born March 25th. Well, my daughter, who wasn't due till April was born March 24th! :eek: I haven't touched a Ouija board since.

K9soul
08-14-2004, 08:57 PM
My Mom was afraid of those and felt they weren't to be messed with and I pretty much accepted her feelings on it when I was younger.

I don't think there is any actual power in the game/board itself, however, I do think there might be power of people's mental focus to produce the unexplained.. I have no examples off the top of my head but I have read and heard of many experiences that have to do with the power of the mind. I think it is conceivable that the ouija board might serve as a point of focus for that mental energy and that accounts for so many people having experiences with them.

I actually did think of one example. I once read something that by the writer of the Dilbert comics wrote, having to do with the powers of mental energy. I can't remember which of his Dilbert books it was in, one of the later ones towards the back and this is a very rough summary of what he said there. He said he always got asked how he got so many of the things in life that he wanted. He confessed his secret is using a mental focus or meditation type thing in which he would focus on the thing he desired (and I believe he kept it to reasonable/worldy things, not "I want to be a millionaire by tomorrow"), and he would then write on a page what he wanted, and write it over and over like 300 times. He'd do that once a day, and he said whatever it was he focused on after awhile of doing that, it always happened.

I also do know there have been many stories of the power of meditation, healing power and so on. So I think people who get very mentally focused on something and have total belief in it, can actually come up with some unexplainable occurrances. There is just too much evidence out there about it, in my opinion, for there to be nothing to it.

cocker_luva
08-14-2004, 09:31 PM
yes, i have a glow-in-the-dark ouija board myself. :rolleyes: its a fun game.

DogLover9501
08-14-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by K9soul
My Mom was afraid of those and felt they weren't to be messed with and I pretty much accepted her feelings on it when I was younger.

Same with me, my mom would never let me have one!

joanofark
08-14-2004, 09:45 PM
I never have touched one,Never wanted one,Never EVER will I want one.

teenster3
08-15-2004, 12:24 PM
I'm sure that a great deal of it can possibly have to do with the mind. But, my husband would have to disagree with you! What he did & saw would spook anybody! I get goosebumps on my neck just thinking about it. I think it also has to do with: if you believe in the supernatural, ghosts, etc.
Like I said, I've been unfortunate in that I haven't had the chance to experience seeing a "ghostly" object.
My friend told me of her story when she lived with my husband (roomates at the time) they lived in a district known to have "ghosts". It happened to be by this huge cemetary. They both claim at different times they had seen ghostly visions. The one that creeps me out the most is, Tara woke up to see a head over her bed. I guess they both said they used to hear doors slam, things fell off shelves, etc. There was just no explaination for these happenings. They were both terrified to live there anymore & left in about 6 months.
I know people are probably going to think I'm crazy but, I think it's all in what you believe. If you're skeptical or not!
My aunt (VERY SKEPTICAL) claims that she "saw her husband in their field in the country" about 2 years ago now.......he died 11 years ago. Weirder things have happened! Who knows & I'm not going to say I know for sure what is beyond this life!!!;)

Karen
08-15-2004, 12:29 PM
My cousins and siblings played with one a few times when I was a kid - nothing remarkable ever happened, and I thought it was just stupid. Nothin' spooky or relevatory at all.

K9soul
08-15-2004, 12:33 PM
Just for clarification, I didn't mean that whatever happened with the ouija was all in the mind so much as I meant it was the power of the mind that perhaps triggered the events rather than the actual ouija board. Just my personal theory, that the ouija board serves as a focus. Meaning someone could lay a piece of cardboard with drawings on it and if the focused enough and believed, it is possible things could happen. I am not at all sure of anything, but I do believe there is a supernatural out there.

slleipnir
08-15-2004, 12:36 PM
I did a long time ago. I don't believe in it though, someone has to move it. Although at the time I thought it actually was moving hah

BitsyNaceyDog
08-15-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by cali
my answer is not up their lol no I have not, but I am not too afraid, I have just never had the opportunity

Ditto, but I voted for the no one.

NoahsMommy
08-15-2004, 02:43 PM
We used to play with those in jr. high and high school. I always thought it was "convienent" when we'd always get the answers we wanted... :rolleyes:

Anyone ever play with the 6 unsharpened pencils??

primabella
08-15-2004, 04:10 PM
I have never played but I was in the room when a group of friends were playing. It freaked me out because the spirits could answer questions that involved the other people in the room. I've also heard dozens and dozens of stories relating to it so I just stay away.

I'd rather not disturb the spirit world though.. even if the game is a fake in whatever way, I just try not to get mixed up in those things.

As for the game company having no connection with the spirit world (which I agree to), my friend who is Wiccan really believes in them. She says the only "real" ones are sold in magic shops and those sold at Toys R Us are just cheap copies. In any case.. I don't like them so I just stay away from them. ;)

G.P.girl
08-16-2004, 10:55 AM
i never have, but i think i would if i had the chance.

Tonya
08-17-2004, 09:19 AM
I did when I was younger, but I don't now. I don't believe in it.