PDA

View Full Version : So annoyed Because of Stupid owners.

Rio and Me
08-14-2004, 02:24 PM
I dont know if i ever mentioned before, that on the moors there are ponies loose, and somtimes stallions too (which is not allowed), they (stallions) used to chase me when i was on my horse (even though i kept my distance).

Well now i dont have horses they have turned to my dog.
I was taking a walk with Rio and it was quite misty and i didnt notice i was near poinies Rio was running ahead as usual and out of the gorse bushs ran a huge stallion chaseing after my baby, as she was ahead of me it chased her further from me and she was gone, i wasnt scared that she wouldnt come back i was scared that she couldnt outrun this pony and the main road was close by, of course i was legging it after trying to get rio to turn around and come to me when i herd a huge bang to the left of me the road.
So i had been running away from her in the end, i ran so fast to the road dreading the worst that rio had been hit, luckly no she was on the other side and came to me, the pony ran off back to his herd, the crash was between to cars (noone hurt).

I left the scene very angry for it was that same ******* stallion that chased me, Previoulsy i called the police and inforemed them that there was a stallion on the moors menacing people (if they arent claimed or the owner cant be contacted they will be distroyed if they are aggresive, which this one is) they told me it would be removed from the moors as they and i know the owners (they are farmers who dont care for their animals).
Again I am going to call them and suggest that this animal be taken of the moor and rehomed.
Rio had a lucky escape luckly she is young and can run fast very fast.
Sorry for the long post but shheessshh why have animal on the moor if you cant abide by the law.
Ky

LorraineO
08-14-2004, 03:49 PM
Well thank goodness you wernt hurt.... Its awful owners let thier animals roam freely,, not just for saftey to others but the horses safety,,,,, its an accident looking for a place to happen....

Rio and Me
08-16-2004, 08:43 AM
Yes it is irrisponsible but i do like to see the animals on the moors i just wish they would put fencing around the roads, sheep/cows/horses are getting killed there more and more these days.
The stallion i was told was going to be removed and delt with, no evidence of that yet.
Ky

pitc9
08-16-2004, 01:10 PM
Oh I'm so glad to hear no one was hurt!