PDA

View Full Version : Leslie's Rescue "Simon" and "Noel" (another ch girl)

QueenScoopalot
08-13-2004, 08:39 PM
This handsome boy was the sickliest thin kitten that Leslie scruffed from a creep in Boston who lets cats reproduce right and left. We snuck back the next day and snagged two tiny ones last November. Simon loves to wrestle with the other kitties, and is one tough little character, but loving most of the time!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/HandsomeChocolateMonkeySimon.jpg

Nap Time....Too Hot To Play Today :cool:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/SimonandNoel.jpg

Chocolate Monkey Man & Noel

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/NoelBeingSweet.jpg

Noel was born with cerebellar hypoplasia six years ago on Christmas day. She was almost euthanised, as the woman who had Noel had moved in with another person who had a dog that wanted to kill Noel! :eek: :eek: :eek: Noel's knick-name is "bitchy, bitchy butterball tortie". She's mellowed a lot in the two years she's been here thankfully! One time Noel had swaggered across the floor clobbering all in her way, then clambored onto the counter where a friend and I were looking at a catalog. I said to Noel "are you going to smack me next"? No sooner had I said the last word and she swatted my across the side of my face giving me a nice slash mark across my cheek! Fresh girl! She waddles like she has a dirty diaper on, but it's her ch, which is very moderate. She is too cute now that she's calmed down a lot!

catcrazylady
08-13-2004, 09:04 PM
Simon is a GORGEOUS cat! WOW! He sure is handsome and he looks so comfy in the picture.
Noel sure was loaded with "totietude" wasn't she? Geesh! For some of these cats it's a good thing for us that they mellow with age!!! How could something that cute be that ornery???
Great pictures of those cutie pies!!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

kimlovescats
08-13-2004, 09:44 PM
Two beautiful and very lucky kitties!!! Great pics and stories!;)

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-14-2004, 09:53 AM
What lucky kitties to have ended up in such a great forever home!!

QueenScoopalot
08-14-2004, 10:12 AM
I wish I had taken pictures of Simon when Leslie brought him here. I took some with the regular camera, but don't have a scanner. Simon's eyes were badly infected and gummed shut, he was skin and bones, and had a horrible URI as well. The two tiny orange babies we got the next day were as bad, if not worse! One had both his eyes gummed shut with infection, and the other only had one eye open. They didn't even see the butterfly net coming over them! :eek: Once they were healthy again, there were so many people that wanted to adopt them! A few months later Leslie and I went back to the same neighborhood, and discovered a mom and her 3 kittens on a garage roof across from the jerk Erics house. No confrontations with him that day hee, heee, but it was quite a task climbing to the roof through a tiny area with bricks etc tumbling down just enough to get footing. Bad news was the kittens went to another foster home, and came down with distemper. :( One of the three survived it, but several other kittens from other litters died as a result. Too heartbreaking. I guess Simon and the wee tykes got out of there just in time! ;)

kuhio98
08-14-2004, 10:33 AM
Simon is gorgeous. So glad you found him in time to give him a good home. Noel's personality reminds me so much of Cammie. It must be a tortie thing. Cammie is around 12 now and hasn't mellowed:rolleyes: . Maybe some day.....

leslie
08-14-2004, 04:27 PM
I will look for their baby pictures now and see if I can figure out how to send them to you so you can post them! Simon turned out to be a keeper for Jan and the 2 orangies were adopted once healthy! We have to go back to Eric's soon, it's been at least 6 months and must be a mess of cats there by now needing your help and home!

carla and mike
08-15-2004, 05:43 AM
I love those pictures of Simon and Noel.I think all
cats calm down once they have a real home with
TONS of love.Lucky you got them in time so
they didn't have to suffer more sickness and depression.
Lucky kittys.:D :D

smokey the elder
08-15-2004, 08:37 AM
My CH kitty Diva says HI to Noel. "Walks like she has a dirty diaper"-LOL!:D

QueenScoopalot
08-15-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by smokey the elder
My CH kitty Diva says HI to Noel. "Walks like she has a dirty diaper"-LOL!:D And Noel says Hi back to Diva! Maybe not so nicely at first though lol! More likely a swagger up to Diva, and quick sniff, and a nice smack and hiss! Sweet sweet tortie. :rolleyes: She really has calmed down a lot in the few years she's been here. If she wanted to sleep on the couch(before) she'd clobber everyone and take over. Now she gets up as far away from the others, and falls asleep. BUT when she wakes up and realises theres another cat too close the growling begins! :D Nutty kitty!

catmandu
08-15-2004, 11:03 AM
The Found cats,think,that you are amazing,resuing all those Cats,and befriending them,even though they occasionally scratch you,and we hope that you,have tamed them,even the One,that walks funny! You,like Jen and Charles Luckenbah,are our HERO!

QueenScoopalot
08-15-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by catmandu
The Found cats,think,that you are amazing,resuing all those Cats,and befriending them,even though they occasionally scratch you,and we hope that you,have tamed them,even the One,that walks funny! You,like Jen and Charles Luckenbah,are our HERO! Gary, Noel actually has become sweet enough that even my hubby dares to pick her up and give her loving! He used to be quite wary of her total tortitude! Hubby still keeps his face away from those daggers of Noel's, but she hasn't smacked either of us in quite a while! And I agree, Jen & her hubby are heros to cats, as are many others on PT! ;) ;) ;)

rg_girlca
08-15-2004, 12:31 PM
What a sad but heartwarming story of these two gorgeous cats.
Bless you for taking such good care of these beauty's and giving them such a loving, caring forever home.

NKBurlington
08-15-2004, 01:51 PM
I LOVE the Tortie Girl. She reminds me of my Jessie Girl :)

moosmom
08-15-2004, 03:41 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/NoelBeingSweet.jpg

I'll give that no good for nothing a$$hole a nickname! :mad: What a jerk!!

How could you NOT love that beautiful little tortie face???

gini
08-15-2004, 04:24 PM
Congratulations on the heroic rescues! Simon is quite the man isn't he?

It doesn't look as though you EVER get a chance to sit on the sofa though:D

lizzielou742
08-15-2004, 06:05 PM
What beautiful kitties. I love the tortie's face!!! *soft spot for torties* :D

QueenScoopalot
08-15-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by gini
Congratulations on the heroic rescues! Simon is quite the man isn't he?

It doesn't look as though you EVER get a chance to sit on the sofa though:D
Gini, If I do lay on the couch, I'm usually buried quickly by purring lumps! :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
08-15-2004, 07:12 PM
Your're right!!! Your Noel looks A LOT like my Noel!!! How neat!!! :)

That's so great she's in a loving home now. :)

QueenScoopalot
08-15-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Your're right!!! Your Noel looks A LOT like my Noel!!! How neat!!! :)

That's so great she's in a loving home now. :)

Mirror images almost! :eek: :eek: :eek: I'm glad this ornery girl has mellowed at last! She really has the cutest swagger when she walks! :D :D :D

leslie
08-15-2004, 07:29 PM
i don't know that I would call it a "swagger" exactly (will have to look that up) but the original description is perfect- like she has a dirty diaper on! she walks with both hind legs apart as if she is avoiding letting them touch, and as she is quite, uh, not hefty back there, but full figured as one watches her walk away, it's easy to imagine a full diaper hanging off of her! I'm still a bit leary of her but mostly over it- it's Mewset that makes me jumpy now! (At QSL's house). Are there any studies about Tortie cats cuz it sure does seem that there is a special fiestiness amongst them but maybe cat lovers around the world have created it by focusing on the torties as being mean (like orange cats are especially easy going?)

QueenScoopalot
08-15-2004, 08:08 PM
Main Entry: [1]swag·ger
Pronunciation: 'swa-g&r
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): swag·gered; swag·ger·ing /-g(&-)ri[ng]/
Etymology: probably from [1]swag + -er (as in chatter)
Date: 1590
intransitive senses
1 : to conduct oneself in an arrogant or superciliously pompous manner; especially : to walk with an air of overbearing self-confidence
Sounds fitting to me Leslie!

leslie
08-15-2004, 08:13 PM
Not when she walks like she has a dirty diaper on! the only thing that gives her confidence when she walks is when she lashes out as she goes!