PDA

View Full Version : Help... candy eater in trouble???

sirrahved
08-13-2004, 01:00 PM
Last night, Muffin ate an ENTIRE CANDY BOWL full of candy!:eek: Included were 2 bags of cream savers (she figured out how to take off the wrappers) and a half bag of kisses with almonds (she ATE those wrappers!) Will the metal harm her? Is there anything I should do? The chocolate doesn't seem to have affected her. I swear, she's such a goat! She also ate the first "bad" thing since she's been home with us... daddy's belt! That was two days ago.

Glacier
08-13-2004, 01:30 PM
it should pass just fine. Just watch her and make sure she's having regular bowel movements. She'll probably have diareha for a couple days.

I have a candy eater too! Anything sugary has to be put away before Bandit comes in. He prefers jelly beans if he can find them!

sirrahved
08-13-2004, 01:43 PM
Thanks, Glacier!

Would you believe that this candy bowl has been out since Muffin came home with us?

pitc9
08-13-2004, 01:46 PM
Silly Silly Muffin!!!

My parents GSD mix ate an entire one pound bag of peanut M&M's once.:rolleyes:

Oh silly pups!

Kfamr
08-13-2004, 01:49 PM
You'll probably just find some &sparklies* in the back yard! :p

My neighbor's RB Lab once ate a whole bag of Reeces.... they were finding colored tinfoil in the backyard for weeks!:eek:

trayi52
08-13-2004, 02:00 PM
LOL, my Doberman was like that! Such a candy lover! If she could smell it she would go to where it was and gobble it all down!

Willie:)

sirrahved
08-13-2004, 02:15 PM
My RB boy, Freddy (a shar pei) ate a two pound bag of blue raspberry licorice once. His "presents" were neon blue for three days!

Samantha Puppy
08-13-2004, 02:15 PM
The dog my family had when I was younger, Rags, once at an entire crayon pack (of 64 crayons!). The next day, he had his annual vet check-up and my mom had to take in a technicolored stool sample!

Cinder & Smoke
08-13-2004, 02:20 PM
:eek:

Muffin sez ~

*BuRRRp* :p

Mmmmmm, that wuz GUD!

(Dad's belt wuz a bit *dry*!)

Oh, and Mom ~
Kuld ya take care of da Kandy Bowl?? ...
It'z emptee an needs a re-fill! ;)

:D

Karen
08-13-2004, 02:30 PM
Just make sure she acting - and eliminating - normally for the next few days. I've heard belts/leashes can cause trouble in the intestines - was it leather or nylon? Do you know if she chewed it into bits or not? Watch her tummy!

sirrahved
08-13-2004, 03:00 PM
I think she mainly just ripped the belt apart. There were tiny pieces everywhere. It was leather... a really nice belt! *groans* Hopefully if she ate some it wasn't too much.

jazzcat
08-13-2004, 03:07 PM
That happened to my RB Pepper, a 6 pound Poodle. The first Christmas we had him he got up on the sofa table and ate all the Hershey's Kisses. We didn't know who ate them and my parents and brother and I all blamed each other until a day later when I was outside with Pepper when he pottying and I saw shiney red, green and silver in his poo. That was pretty funny!!

I had always heard chocolate could kill a dog but he was absolutely fine, with pretty colored poo.

chrissycat21
08-14-2004, 09:56 AM
Just make sure Muffin is acting ok and is going to th e bathroom normally. Call your vet if you aren't sure.

Snowy once ate all this fancy imported chocolate from my cousin when she was only about 3 pounds. It was about 1/2-1 pound of chocolate. She was just really hyper because of the caffine but was ok.

-Chrissy