PDA

View Full Version : A second Hobo with a happy ending...

Glacier
08-13-2004, 12:55 AM
This is not my Hobo, but a new dog at our shelter who we have named Hobo.

For the past two years, a skinny husky cross has been running around our shelter. He was very timid, unapproachable and way too smart to be lured into a trap. I have spent many hours sitting on the ground tossing him treats. He got to a point where he recognized my truck and would come for food, but always stay just out of reach. I was never able to touch him. He broke my heart, but he seemed to be eeking out enough to stay fairly healthy.

Three days ago, he had a run-in with a porcupine. In pain and unable to eat, our animal control officer was finally able to trap Hobo. Tonight he is quill-free, safe, warm and well fed in the shelter. I finally got to pet him! He's going to need special owners as he's been on his own since he was a very young puppy. He's very fearful, but so far no signs of aggression.
http://www.humanesocietyyukon.ca/hobo_sml.jpg

He'll be neutered next week and then he's ready to find his own family.
:D

GoldenRetrLuver
08-13-2004, 01:00 AM
Poor Hobo. I hope you guys can find him the best home out there! How old do they estimate him to be? He does look young.

He sure is a cutie! :)

phiala
08-13-2004, 07:03 AM
That's Awesome that you guys caught him! yayy!

Holly's mom
08-13-2004, 07:14 AM
Oh, what a sweetheart! I'm so glad he was finally brought into the shelter. I hope he can find a good home where he can get the love and attention he needs and deserves.

swimma253
08-13-2004, 07:19 AM
aww! Hobo is so adorable! Im so glad you caught him and I hope he goes to a great home! :)

pitc9
08-13-2004, 08:30 AM
Oh poor sweetie!!
I pray that a special someone comes along soon and takes you to your forever home!!!

anna_66
08-13-2004, 08:57 AM
How wonderful for Hobo! I'm sure now he's going to get plenty of attention:)
I do hope this sweetheart finds a wonderful, loving forever home.

cloverfdx
08-13-2004, 09:01 AM
That is great that Hobo was able to be caught, the poor boy though that would not have been fun wrestling with a porcupine *Ouch*. I am so glad to hear Hobo is in good hands now.

Please keep us updated on how he gets on. :)

LorraineO
08-13-2004, 09:38 AM
what an adorable lil boy he is too... such a sweet lil face on him.... Hopefully he will find that perfect forever home and be happy again soon.......

primabella
08-13-2004, 10:24 AM
I'm so happy to hear that you caught him! :) He sure is a handsome pup. Here's hoping he'll find a loving family soon.

dappledoxie
08-13-2004, 10:27 AM
Poor baby! What a great thing though, now that he's in good hands and hopefully he'll find that perfect owner who will be able to bring him out of his shell. :D Aww, and he's so cute! I love his look!

Samantha Puppy
08-13-2004, 10:33 AM
What a sweetheart. I just want to hug him and never let go! I hope he finds a wonderful forever home, where he'll learn he never has to be alone or afraid ever again.

God bless Hobo, and you Glacier. :)

delidog
08-16-2004, 07:32 AM
Awww...Dearest Hobo3.....So glad that you finally caught him....Do you think it will be hard to find a forever home for him???
He has a Beautiful Expression......
I sure hope you find him a Good Home Soon.....So he can enjoy Not being a stray....and learn what a Warm,Loving Home is like!!!

Good Luck....Keep us Posted,Please....Hugs for Your Hobo too!!!

dukedogsmom
08-16-2004, 07:36 AM
He's so sweet! How I wish I could be the one to take the fear out of his life and bring him joy. Congrats on finally getting him safe! He's so cute. Love those ears.

chrissycat21
08-16-2004, 09:00 AM
Hobo is adorable! I hope he finds a loving home soon!