PDA

View Full Version : Seahorses Wanted

FishFreak
08-12-2004, 09:37 PM
Good Evening All,

After searching a plethora of websites provided by the International Network Of Computers and my ISP, I have come up with no promising leads as to where I can aquire some Lined Seahorses ( Hippocampus Erectus).

This animal falls under the name syngnathidae. It is native to the waters of Florida and up the coast all the way to New York.

I have been keeping seahorses for the past 4 years and am looking to work on the propagation of this specific species. Due to the recent restrictions proposed by CITES (Conference for the International Trade in Endangered Species) seahorses have been more difficut to aquire in the United States Of America.

The restrictions set by this act are only pertaining to the INTERNATIONAL trade of seahorses. Thus seahorses that are caught in the USA are legal to be caught and sold as long as you have the proper liscenses (ie. State fishing liscenses). The Lined Seahorse (Hippocampus Erectus) is a American native seahorse therefore is legal to be caught and sold within the United States Of America.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would be able to post any promising information on the subject of ataining some of these amazing creatures. This being online retailers that sell live aquatics livestock (saltwater) or If you live in the state of Florida or any other state in which you can catch seahorses/ have caught seahorses and would be willing to sell some of them.

Any Information would be VERY appreciated.

Thanks Much!
~Holden

AKA~ FishFreak

FishFreak
08-12-2004, 11:19 PM
BUMP:rolleyes: :D

FishFreak
08-14-2004, 12:48 AM
::cough:: BUMP ::cough:: :p

AmberLee
08-14-2004, 01:08 AM
I think Seahorses are fascinating looking creatures, but have never successfully raised them.

Sorry, I can't help at all.

Good luck.

Kfamr
08-14-2004, 12:01 PM
I do not believe anyone here has seahorses.