PDA

View Full Version : Tell me what you think...

teenster3
08-12-2004, 06:52 PM
Please give me your insight as to what you think (BE HONEST) of my husband's band's web page.
Do you like the music?
Are the pictures messed up?
Would you recommend them to your friends?
How would you catagorize them?

Matthew has been in different bands since before I met him 7 years ago & he really enjoys playing in front of people. So far, there hasn't been many people at the gigs. I'm trying to be patient & help him in areas where he needs improvement.
PLEASE be specific & tell me what you think!
(And please do not say they suck!:) )
www.col32.com

Thanks,
Tina

BitsyNaceyDog
08-12-2004, 07:29 PM
It looks like they have a lot of fun. It's not really my kind of music, but I do think they are talented.

The site is nice, I like their logo. The only thing I didn't like is the home page is rather large, and the text on the news page is very small and hard to read.

:)

buckner
08-12-2004, 08:30 PM
Very nice. :)

IMO, the only thing that needs work or needs to be fixed is the size of everything. The home page is entirely too big, some text on other pages are too big/small. Other than that, looks great.

catnapper
08-12-2004, 08:48 PM
I agree... the logo is VERY cool. But the text and everything is a bit too large. Its better when everythign fits on the screen without having to scroll down. I have a stupid dial-up connection which is slow as can be, so downloading a song was more than I can patiently stand, so I didn't get to hear the music. Someday, when I finally get DSL.

AbbyMom
08-12-2004, 09:06 PM
Very cool logo....but couldn't read the home page very well. The dark lettering was washed out on my computer and at first I didn't realize it was there. I'd lighten up the background on the "splotches" or whatever they are.

Good luck!

BCBlondie
08-12-2004, 09:50 PM
I also agree that the links and text on the website are too big.. I have cable modem and it took a little bit for the pages to load.. The music is awesome though!!!! If I lived closer, I'd DEFINITELY go to their gigs! :D Veery talented.. the band has some awesome guitarists!:)

Just another thing I noticed on the site.. on the Pictures page, the pictures are clickable.. but when you click on the picture it takes you to a blank page with a different picture. (if that makes sense).. Not sure if your hubby meant to make it like that but just thought I'd let you know...

Which band member is your hubby? :) What instrument does he play?

sammy101
08-12-2004, 09:51 PM
the lettering was a bit too big but its a nice site!:)

anna_66
08-12-2004, 10:41 PM
Your husbands band is very good!

the text and everything is a bit too large. Its better when everythign fits on the screen without having to scroll down.
My thought exactly. But otherwise nice site.

lovemyshiba
08-13-2004, 12:00 AM
Oh--another band widow;)

My husband is in a band too, but they just play locally at bars and clubs--3 or 4 nights a week though.
What does your husband play??

As far as the website goes, I notice the same as everyone else--homepage is too big, and I had to scroll down and over to see the whole thing. I like the logo, and the layout is cool, just too big!!!

I think they're very talented!!

Fallon
08-13-2004, 12:31 AM
I think the whole layout and design is rather good. The music is decent also.. I have to listen to it some more. There is a lot of talent there though!

teenster3
08-13-2004, 09:28 AM
Oh--another band widow

My husband is in a band too, but they just play locally at bars and clubs--3 or 4 nights a week though.
What does your husband play??

As far as the website goes, I notice the same as everyone else--homepage is too big, and I had to scroll down and over to see the whole thing. I like the logo, and the layout is cool, just too big!!!

I think they're very talented!!

Do you mean...does he play often? Unfortunately not as much as your hubby does! They really need to get "out there" more. They've played about 6 or 7 different venues. Also, they haven't been payed for their time as of yet. They are not a cover band and that's what seems to be popular around here right now! They write all originals and I guess I'd call them a hard rock band. What kind of music does your husband play? Does he have a website to check out???

Harmanie
08-13-2004, 09:32 AM
ditto

the text is rather large. but it is rather neat

Freckles
08-13-2004, 11:00 AM
Long lines of text in the News section extremely difficult to read. Needs to be larger type and maybe two columns. Agree with other comments.