PDA

View Full Version : PT's in Florida

Craftlady
08-12-2004, 05:05 PM
Good Luck with Hurricane Charley
I've got relatives in Tampa who are headed for hotel due to manitory evacuations by 6 a.m. tomorrow morning. 14 ft storm surges are mighty powerful. They are hoping land fall will be 8 pm. and low tide that reduces by 3 ft. storm surge.

Will keep everyone in prayers and postive thoughts that PT's and their furry kids are safe.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-12-2004, 05:27 PM
Ditto, we've got friends from a little further North that are headed to Disney World. Might as well have a little fun while you're worrying if you'll have a home to come home to I guess. ;)

dukedogsmom
08-12-2004, 06:05 PM
Thanks for your good thoughts. Are there any cat people in Florida? I know we have several from the dog section. I'm inland so I'm luckier than a few others.

catnapper
08-12-2004, 06:20 PM
My Sister in law is along the shoreline - right in the path of the hurricane! :eek:

Kfamr
08-12-2004, 06:28 PM
We're basically right in the path.

We're in the highest point in our country, so we don't have to worry about floods but i'm terribly paranoid and worried about winds and flying objects.

We have all three of my brother's cats here and he may be coming as well. He lives in a very high flood area. We have to drive to Bradenton to get my grandparents as well. I really want to get out of here. :(

Karen
08-12-2004, 06:39 PM
We'll all be thinking of you, and hoping you and all those you love will be safe - animals and humans alike.

sirrahbed
08-12-2004, 06:40 PM
I am glad to hear from you Kay. Somebody mentioned earlier than you may be evacuating and I had not seen any posts from you. Please do not be afraid. Once you have your family and your animals with you - try to stay calm. It is good to be cautious and have your flashlights and radios, etc. We will be watching the news and keeping all of you in our prayers.

slleipnir
08-12-2004, 06:41 PM
That's so scary :( We don't get stuff like that here. The worst I've seen is hurricane juan and that only knocked some trees down. Nothing really seriously like you guys get :( I hope everything is ok

slick
08-12-2004, 06:54 PM
Oh God, please keep the residents of Florida safe.

chocolatepuppy
08-12-2004, 07:04 PM
Thoughts and prayers coming FL. way.

Craftlady
08-12-2004, 07:28 PM
My relatives are in flood zone area and they have had their share of water up to house but not 11-14 ft storm surges. They've been in Florida for over 35 yrs and this is first time they've had to evacuate their homes. They will be safe in hotel but dreading/anxious to go back to house hopefully on Saturday to see what damage they find.

Lillycat
08-12-2004, 08:16 PM
prayers going out to all in florida......

Randi
08-13-2004, 05:46 AM
I hope everyone in Florida will be safe - stay close to your furbabies! Please get out if you have to!

Delidog, are you OK?

Kfamr
08-13-2004, 08:50 AM
Delidog will be more than safe. She really doesn't even have to worry. It's coming directly towards me and BluStang24 on the westcoast. She probably will only get a slight rain and possibly some wind.

She lives all the way on the other side of the state, far from where the hurricane is hitting.

catmandu
08-13-2004, 09:17 AM
The Found Cats are hoping,and praying that all the Florida Cats,and thier Guardins will be all right,in that stormy waether!

Felicia's Mom
08-13-2004, 09:23 AM
I'll be praying for all involved.

dukedogsmom
08-13-2004, 09:26 AM
We're supposed to start getting it here in about 2 1/2 hours. I'm going by the fire department to get some sand bags for the patio. Also going to bring in the patio furniture and put it somewhere in the house! And, I think I'll unplug my computer just in case. I don't want to lose everything again. Kay, how is it there right now?

Harmanie
08-13-2004, 09:26 AM
I'm praying for everyone near any hurricanes! good luck to all!

K9soul
08-13-2004, 09:28 AM
My sister from Florida wrote me this morning and said she is right in its path, it's estimated to hit her at about midnight tonight. She has four kids and many pets. She said she is not sure if they will be leaving or staying yet.

All the Flordians will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Kfamr
08-13-2004, 09:29 AM
There's nothing here yet.. but there's going to be 80+++ winds. I'm still asking my father why we're here. WHY are we here. It is not safe. My dad is f-ing insane. I want to leave.

Karen
08-13-2004, 09:49 AM
I hope you stay safe and dry. How is traffic on the highways?
Just remeber, Kay, a few more years and you'll be done school and college and be able to move anywhere you want!

jenfer
08-13-2004, 10:02 AM
Hope everything will be fine. I will be thinking about you guys!!!

dappledoxie
08-13-2004, 10:03 AM
Hugs to you guys! I'm going to be praying for you two leggers and your furkids/fids!

trayi52
08-13-2004, 10:23 AM
Prayers and good thoughts to all of you in Florida. I hope and pray that you and your loved ones will be safe from Charlie.

Willie

Craftlady
08-13-2004, 01:11 PM
Catagory 4 hurricane now :(
They keep showing downtown Tampa on CNN and it's so like the calm before the storm.

Kfamr
08-13-2004, 01:16 PM
Supposedly it's turned now and not even going to come near Tampa.... we'll just get the outter bands and maybe some tornadoes.

Logan
08-13-2004, 01:18 PM
I was reading an article on MSNBC and it said that Busch Gardens in Tampa never even opened today and that Disney, Universal and Sea World were all closing early afternoon. We have friends who are coming home from Orlando today (by plane), and other friends who are in Orlando, also, at Universal Studios, with their mom (we're friends with dad and stepmom). They haven't returned calls at all from their dad. :( I'm sure they're fine, but still, one worries.

Lillycat
08-14-2004, 05:14 AM
prayers to follow all as charley makes his way up the east coast...i understand warnings of various kinds have gone out to people as far up the coast as the delaware bay.area.....it wont be over till its over......and now we have danielle coming our way!