PDA

View Full Version : I got a DVD player at last! :D

ChrisH
08-12-2004, 02:47 PM
It arrived yesterday - but I can't use it yet! It didn't have the scart thingy to attatch to the tv and I couldn't get out to town and get one. Anyway, to cut a long story short, Paul, my grandaughter's boyfriend, has one I can borrow, so tommorrow it will be up and running.

I have my first rental film waiting. Bell, Book and Candle, starring James Stewart and Kim Novak.

And waiting in the wings are:

Harvey. (Another old James Stewart film.)
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Freaky Friday. Jamie Lee Curtis.
Haunted Mansion. Eddie Murphy.
Scooby Doo 2
Lassie. Helen Slater
Cold Mountain
School of Rock
Shrek
Ace Ventura - When Nature Calls
and a Wildlife special about Leopards!

Help! I'm going to be a couch potato! :D

Chris

Harmanie
08-12-2004, 02:48 PM
good for you. Now you can start buying dvds!!!

MariaM
08-12-2004, 03:01 PM
Lol! Good for you! We got one at Christmas, and the only DVD we own is "How to Use Your Digital Camera". (long story)

joanofark
08-12-2004, 03:08 PM
I love Freaky friday, School of Rock, and Sreck & Shreck 2!
I love DVD players because I'm to lazy to rewind tapes!

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-12-2004, 03:25 PM
That's great!! Does your DVD player play Windows Media files? If so, I could save loads of PT pictures for you and send them to you on a CD, then you could look at them on your TV. Let me know if you would like me to send some pics to you.

Barbara
08-12-2004, 03:29 PM
I have a DVD for one year now and bought already 20-30 DVDs. Old Audrey Hepburn movies, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, Jim jarmusch movies and many others:) :D There's not enough rainy wekends for all of them.

MariaM
08-12-2004, 03:30 PM
Lol, I plan on getting DVD's, its just I can't afford them right now:o

Toller 42
08-12-2004, 03:30 PM
I have had a DVD player for 1 year and omly own 1 dvd.

Killearn Kitties
08-12-2004, 03:38 PM
:D I hope you enjoy it! We project ours on the wall and get a huge picture! I love it.

AmberLee
08-12-2004, 07:08 PM
Enjoy! (I love Jimmy Stewart movies, too!)

ChrisH
08-13-2004, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone! :)

Got it fixed up and watched my first DVD this afternoon .... btw, I haven't bought any DVD's, I am renting them (on a free trial at the moment.) :) I mailed the first one back late this afternoon and I should get the next one on Tuesday at the latest.

Julie, there is nothing in the manual about Windows Media but it is suppose to play picture CD's, DVD's etc, would that do?

Chris

Miss Meow
08-14-2004, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by ChrisH
It arrived yesterday - but I can't use it yet! It didn't have the scart thingy to attatch to the tv and I couldn't get out to town and get one. Anyway, to cut a long story short, Paul, my grandaughter's boyfriend, has one I can borrow, so tommorrow it will be up and running.

I have my first rental film waiting. Bell, Book and Candle, starring James Stewart and Kim Novak.

Chris

Ha ha, I made a thread on that movie ages ago as I found a picture of Kim Novak and 10 Siamese cats that captivated me! I still haven't seen it though.

We finally got a DVD player last week and it took hours and hours to get going. The double boxed set of the Kath & Kim series cost more than the DVD player ;) It's raining a storm today so we got The Godfather, which Shane hasn't seen yet :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-14-2004, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by ChrisH
Thanks for the replies everyone! :)

Julie, there is nothing in the manual about Windows Media but it is suppose to play picture CD's, DVD's etc, would that do?

Chris

Yep, if it plays picture CDs then it SHOULD work. Do you have a CD writer on your home PC? I seem to remember from a previous thread that you don't - so I'll start trawling through all the really good picture threads and burn a CD for you.

Julie