PDA

View Full Version : My mom was in a car wreck!

Katiesmom
08-12-2004, 10:19 AM
Yea, early this morning my mom was on her way to work and her boyfriend was driving and this woman pulled right out in front of them and he(my moms boyfriend) couldn't turn to miss the van because there was a bus stop there and a bunch of kids were waiting on the bus thats why that woman in the van pulled out in front of them because she didn't see them for all the kids standing out there but anyways my mom is fine shes bruised up pretty good and she hurt her arm but thankfully she will be ok...

I tell ya I hate getting those kind of phone calls first thing in the morning, anytime for that matter..:)

catnapper
08-12-2004, 10:26 AM
OMG! How scary! I'm glad to hear that your mom is not too battered and doens;t have live-changing injuries. Just watch her for a few days because back and neck injuries don't show up for a few days.

I've noticed lately that people are far more reckless while driving than ever before!

pitc9
08-12-2004, 10:26 AM
Glad to hear everyone will be okay!

slick
08-12-2004, 10:27 AM
Oh Crystal, that's so scary but glad that it wasn't anything more serious.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-12-2004, 10:27 AM
Sorry to hear about the crash, but I'm so glad your mom is going to be ok.

I know all about hating phone calls like this. I got a very similar one almost 5 years ago now, only the news wasn't as good as what you got. :( I try not to think about it, but when I do, I can feel the same old scared, panicky feelings come back and I want to go visit my parents like - right now - to make sure they're still ok.

Katiesmom
08-12-2004, 10:30 AM
Thanks everyone!

Yea, she went to the hospital and had x-rays but I will keep an eye out for her...

I know everytime my sister and I are driving on interstate together and me always driving someone always tries to come over on us literally running us off the road and all they had to do is look...yea there are definitly some very careless drivers out there!

prechrswife
08-12-2004, 10:32 AM
I'm glad everyone is okay. I know that was a frightening phone call to receive.

dappledoxie
08-12-2004, 10:46 AM
Oh no, I'm so sorry! Hugs! I wish you and your mom and family the best.

Tonya
08-12-2004, 11:06 AM
How scary! I am glad that no one was hurt badly.

CatMama78
08-12-2004, 11:16 AM
Oh how terrible. I'm sorry your mom was involved in an accident, but good to know she's going to be ok. Yeah back and neck injuries usually don't hurt until the day after the day after the accident (hope that makes sense). Another thing that can get ya is bruised ribs.

lizzielou742
08-12-2004, 11:45 AM
:eek: how scary! glad your mom's OK. :)

Katiesmom
08-12-2004, 12:16 PM
Thanks again guys!

I think the only thing my mom was worried was her not being able to work...isn't it weird how you worry about the least little things when you've been in an accident or something;)

BCBlondie
08-12-2004, 12:49 PM
Yikes!!

I hope your mom gets well soon. I'm glad she wasn't seriously injured!

I saw a pretty bad accident on Tuesday. That's the only thing that scares me about driving - accidents! >.<

tatsxxx11
08-12-2004, 01:42 PM
How frightening!!! Thank goodness no one was seriously injured. Hopefully she won't be too sore tomorrow. Feel better soon, Mom!:)

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-12-2004, 02:01 PM
That phone call must have been a horrible experience. I'm glad no-one was seriously injured, and your Mom is OK!

Dogz
08-12-2004, 02:04 PM
Sounds scary! :eek: I am glad that your mom was not hurt badly. Give her a get-well-soon wish from me. :)

kimlovescats
08-12-2004, 03:31 PM
Scary for sure! So glad to hear she is "ok" though! ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-12-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by CatMama78
Another thing that can get ya is bruised ribs.

Was your mom wearing her seat belt? The thing that really surprised my mom was something she ended up calling "purple boob." Her entire right chest and...well...boob...were bruised so badly from the seat belt. First it was a horrible purple color that ended up morphing into the most sickening yellows and greens you could ever imagine. But the good news is she would probably have been dead without the seatbelt, so a little bruising is not so hard to take.

KYS
08-12-2004, 05:32 PM
So glad that everybody is ok.

Lillycat
08-13-2004, 10:33 AM
scary stuff.....glad all well.....

trayi52
08-13-2004, 10:36 AM
Crystal, glad to hear your mother is okay! It could have been much worse, thank god, she is alright!

Willie