PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Eyes

catnapper
08-12-2004, 09:30 AM
I notice a lot of you take pictures of your pets with the flash on. that leaves you with "ghost eyes" and a lot of you don't know how to remove them. I'd be happy to write up a little tutorial to help those that would like to remove them, but I don't want to make assumptions as to what programs people are using to edit photos. Can you all tell me what you use, and then perhaps I can write up some directions on how to use the programs you have to get the end result of a normal looking eyeball!

I have what's called PhotoImpression4, but I can also use Printshop, and paint. I don't have photoshop, but from what I hear, my Photoimpression4 works similarly.

lizzielou742
08-12-2004, 09:42 AM
I use Fireworks, and everytime I try to fix the ghost eyes it comes out looking very weird. A tutorial would be wonderful! Great idea!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-12-2004, 10:03 AM
That would be sooo cool! I haven't had a chance to really play around to figure out a good easy way to figure out how to fix them without them looking weird. I use Photoshop Elements 2.0. I've noticed that it seems cat eyes are harder to fix than people eyes though. Thanks so much Catnapper! :D

MariaM
08-12-2004, 12:25 PM
That'd be great. I have Adobe Photoshop 7.0.

micki76
08-12-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
I notice a lot of you take pictures of your pets with the flash on. that leaves you with "ghost eyes" and a lot of you don't know how to remove them. I'd be happy to write up a little tutorial to help those that would like to remove them, but I don't want to make assumptions as to what programs people are using to edit photos. Can you all tell me what you use, and then perhaps I can write up some directions on how to use the programs you have to get the end result of a normal looking eyeball!

I have what's called PhotoImpression4, but I can also use Printshop, and paint. I don't have photoshop, but from what I hear, my Photoimpression4 works similarly.

That would be very cool! I also have PhotoImpression4! I've tried a few times to fix Millie's eyes, but I can't get them quite right.

Thank you!

Tonya
08-12-2004, 12:35 PM
Please do!!!! I'll have to get back to you on what I use though...because *cough* I don't know. hehe.

Dogz
08-12-2004, 01:39 PM
That would be a great idea, catnapper.

I usually use PictureIt! but I'm not too sure how well that program will work.

Thanks! :)

sirrahbed
08-12-2004, 02:07 PM
Thanks Kim! I have plain ole Paint, PaintShopPro3, Adobe Photo Deluxe, HP Photo Fantasy, and ArcSoft PhotoStudio. I usually use PSP3. I stink at graphics though :) I set the camera on auto flash so it is only supposed to flas if there is not enough light:rolleyes:

catnapper
08-12-2004, 02:57 PM
Such a variety of programs! Let me ask this: Do all of you have the ability to contro the transparency of a color? For instance, can you lay down black and still be able to see through it because you set the transparency or intensity at 50%, or does deep solid black show up everything?

MariaM
08-12-2004, 03:03 PM
Lol, I'm sorry, I suck at photo editing so I think I know what you are talking about, but have no idea how to do that. Maybe you should write a tutorial for everything ;) Haha Just kidding.