PDA

View Full Version : Tito knows when I am sad!

lizzielou742
08-12-2004, 08:24 AM
I was having the most stressful, awful day yesterday. I had to be on the phone all day with my insurance company (long story), and dealing with insurance companies is never fun. Work was hectic, I hadn't had lunch, I was feeling particularly not cute to top it all off, and was generally in a rotten mood. I went home and got in bed, wanting to sleep it off. As soon as I laid down, Tito and Sophie jumped up there with me and proceeded to be the sweetest little furbabies for two hours, until my boyfriend came home. Tito, my little love muffin, gave me the sweetest headbumpies and was content to curl up in the crook of my arm and purr. Sophie fell asleep on my chest after covering my face with kissies and letting me pet her for a while - and she's usually not even that affectionate! It was like they knew I needed it. I think my cats can read my mind - or at least my mood!

:D :D :D

That ever happen to anyone else?

prechrswife
08-12-2004, 08:53 AM
They really do seem to know when you are having a bad day. Saphirah is a great nurse when you are sick. She comes and snuggles right up next to you.

catmandu
08-12-2004, 08:57 AM
The Found Cats,know when I am sad too,and they always come over,to see how I am!The Cats,are worth every sacrifice,that I have made for them,a million fold!

catcrazylady
08-12-2004, 09:00 AM
Awwwe! That is so sweet! Yes, I really believe that cats can read your moods very well. Sometimes I wonder if Leroy can because on my worst days he will aggravate me to death! The next thing I know....I'm laughinghttp://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif so I guess he does know what he's doing after all!

CatMama78
08-12-2004, 11:28 AM
Such sweeties. I think cats are very sensitive to our moods.

jazzcat
08-12-2004, 11:40 AM
Sounds like we had similar days. I was down caring for my Dad when I got a migraine and had to deal with some other stuff so when I got home I laid down for a little bit and both Jazz and Scout joined me. Well at least they did for a few minutes until Jazz decided to lunge across me and smack Scout on top of the head and chase her off. Very typical.

I'd like two cats that got a long. I'm not asking for all three of mine to get along, just any two would make me happy.:(

NoahsMommy
08-12-2004, 12:08 PM
Awww! Tito the kitty nurse! :)

I'm glad your fuzzies we able to make your bad day a little better.

catlover4ever
08-12-2004, 01:00 PM
It must have been something with yesterday because after I got out of work my day kind of fell apart. Having to deal with a problem with my hubbies new truck, a problem with the our RV dealer and then to top it off when I got home the problem with the truck was still not fixed even though the truck had been at the dealership all day.

I felt so exhausted that I put my head down on the kitchen counter and Abner jumped up and gave me the biggest headbump and a meow I have heard from him in a long time. That gave me an instant pick me up.

To make me feel even better....Abner slept by my side all night last night. I woke at 6:45 this morning to find his tail in my face....I was so happy.

sirrahbed
08-12-2004, 01:54 PM
awww - so sweet of Tito and Sophie, also of Abbey. I am convinced as well that kitties are VERY sensitive to moods and have calmed me and comforted me many times. RB Ernie was also this way with Missy. Nobody will ever convince me that he did not dearly love her.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-12-2004, 04:26 PM
I have found that T & P have been a great comfort over the years too. Tubby has been with me through more men than I care to count, and he has helped me get over each and every one of them quite nicely thank you very much. ;) Peanut, being a little more stand offish, has not been quite as comforting, but even she seems to know when I'm feeling down and then she's extra sweet, if that's possible. :)

CCL, Tubby used to be just like Leroy. When I was having a bad day and he was "acting up" at first I'd be mad and tell him to knock it off, but like you, the next thing you know I'd be smiling, then laughing, then down on the floor playing with him - completely forgetting why I was grumpy in the first place. :D