PDA

View Full Version : Cats and Black Shirts

Uabassoon
08-11-2004, 08:00 PM
Why do black shirts have to be cat hair magnets? I recently got a job at a coffee shop and I have to wear black. Normally I don't wear black, in fact I had to go out and buy shirts to wear because I didn't own any at all. I swear all of my black shirts attract cat hair like a magnet. I wait until the very last minute to put on my black clothes then right at the door I have a lint roller, I have to use about three sheet of the roller paper. Then when I walk out the door I look down at my clothes again and realize that I'm still covered in hair! Does anyone successfully wear black clothes? I'm starting to think I'm just going to have to change when I get to work.

cubby31682
08-11-2004, 08:06 PM
I have the same problem. Except at my work they gave me a better raise because of Cubby. They don't always like the cat hair but they have learned if they want me to come in and do my job they have to accept and expect to see me full of cat hair. It's even worse when they find little Cubby hairs on my shoes and those are the fake leather stuff. I have learned to get use to it, and I'm assuming that you will have to as well. ;)

wolflady
08-11-2004, 08:17 PM
I hear ya!! I swear black clothing of any kind is a lint magnet!! I love to wear black because (I think, or rather...wish to think) it makes me look slimmer, but having a white kitty makes it very challenging! :rolleyes:

RedHedd
08-11-2004, 08:17 PM
<sigh> cat hair is forever. I didn't realize how much black I wore until I got my RB Goldie. Golden fur shows up especially well on black, as does calico kitty fur :rolleyes: Now I just think of it as an accessory - a furry fashion statement! :D

QueenScoopalot
08-11-2004, 08:19 PM
I avoid the color like the plague! I work doing house cleaning (something's wrong with this picture, as mine is a mess) and cat sitting on the side, so I wear my comfy clothes! Jeans and tees work for me all day. I think maybe changing at work may be the trick for you. Upholstery in cars can really collect cat fur too, depending on what it's made of!:eek: Maybe some anti-static spray may help keep the fur from clinging??:confused:

Uabassoon
08-11-2004, 08:24 PM
Maybe some anti-static spray may help keep the fur from clinging??

That has to be the best idea I've ever heard! I never even thought about that before. I should look into that pronto! I just want to be as cat hair free as possible seeing as how I'm working with food.

christa
08-11-2004, 08:26 PM
i also have a lint roller at the door. it's a must! just gotta live with it i guess. before church one day, i sat down in my chair to check the pt board . . . when we got to church, my husband and mom pointed out that i had cat hair all over my butt. evidently i sat in a lot of josie hair.

wolf_Q
08-11-2004, 08:40 PM
You think cat hair is bad you should try hugging Nebo while wearing black! ;) I have several black shirts, I just usually wear them when I'm going out and won't be around the dogs lol...and if I am, then oh well I'm just covered in dog hair! I'd imagine it'd be really difficult when you have to wear those clothes to work though!

prechrswife
08-11-2004, 09:16 PM
My question is this: How do the black cats always manage to find the white clothes to shed on, while the white cat always finds the black or navy clothes?:rolleyes:

catnapper
08-11-2004, 09:20 PM
I once made the mistake of visiting Jenluckenbach while wearing a black shirt and playing with all those beautiful fosters she has! Then I had to leave and go to a job fair looking like I rolled around in cat hair. :eek:

DJFyrewolf36
08-11-2004, 09:25 PM
Im lucky, Remus doesn't shed at all! My MILs cats...hooboy, you better not have black clothes within ten feet of her house lol!

QueenScoopalot
08-11-2004, 09:36 PM
I want a sign that reads...HOME IS WHERE THE HAIR IS! Maybe a cat/heart shaped head? LOL!

anna_66
08-11-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
You think cat hair is bad you should try hugging Nebo while wearing black! ;) I have several black shirts, I just usually wear them when I'm going out and won't be around the dogs lol...and if I am, then oh well I'm just covered in dog hair! I'd imagine it'd be really difficult when you have to wear those clothes to work though!
Yep, same with Roxey Amy. I do have to wear black pants at work but I've bought polyester so it comes right off!

Tonya
08-11-2004, 11:18 PM
We've got those hair rollers all over the house and in both cars. With Ron, if you're wearing black, only the white hair gets stuck on you. If you are wearing white, the black hair sticks. lol.

shais_mom
08-12-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by wolflady
I hear ya!! I swear black clothing of any kind is a lint magnet!! I love to wear black because (I think, or rather...wish to think) it makes me look slimmer, but having a white kitty makes it very challenging! :rolleyes:

I hear that!!!!
I don't have any solutions either other then lint rollers!!

Barbara
08-12-2004, 05:41 AM
I love black and especially things with wool in it attract cat hair that much you can't even get it out without tweezers:rolleyes:

Aby hair is ticked which means it has a dark end- so you can spot it on light clothes plus a white end for the dark clothes:D

A little more plastic in the shirts will make them easier to clean- but maybe not for your climate, Laura:(

catcrazylady
08-12-2004, 05:47 AM
Lint rollers EVERYWHERE! At home, in the car, at work and I still can find cat hair on me at any given time!! Shoes, socks, hose, bra, doesn't matter it finds its way into everything!! Maybe I should take a closer look at my underwear!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

lizzielou742
08-12-2004, 08:17 AM
I wear black pants to work almost every day, and as soon as I come home my two furbabies want to jump in my lap and roll around. :rolleyes: So I end up just walking in the door, going straight the bedroom, and changing into pj pants before the kitties can get to me! ;) Then, let the snuggles and cuddles begin!! :D

catmandu
08-12-2004, 09:13 AM
Even if i dint always wear Cat Shirts,the Fur Of The Found Cats,would identify me,to all,as a Cat Lover!

CatMama78
08-12-2004, 09:23 AM
I just turn a blind eye;) . Isn't there a saying - never trust a person who is not covered in pet hair. Either they don't have pets or do not properly love the ones they have :D .

slick
08-12-2004, 10:09 AM
:D :D Try having a long-hired white Persian!! I do wear black but I just shrug my shoulders and say "to heck with it". I do the best I can to keep Max's hair off my black clothes, but it's no use. It migrates.