PDA

View Full Version : =( Bad news...

DogLover9501
08-11-2004, 01:56 PM
I think we're going to have to put Jasper on 2 pills a day again :(

He's been scratching ALOT since we started with 1 pill a day :(

Does anyone know any good shampoos for itchy skin?? Because that could help along with one pill a day

Toller 42
08-11-2004, 01:59 PM
Poor Jasper:( I just use an oatmeal shampoo because Tango has somekind of skin problem now too, were taking her to the vet on Friday to see what he says. I love your new siggy, blinkie and avater btw.

Rio and Me
08-11-2004, 02:07 PM
Remember a while ago i think i told you about a recipe of sudocrem mixed with TEA TREE OIL (as much or ass little as you like) aplied to the icthy areas, sudocrem is a bit messy so you could mix it with vasiline, it wont do any harm at all, so it might help sooth it (it works wounders with our dogs).
Please try it, its cheap and i think effective.
Ky
PS I dont mean it will cure anything JUST SOOTH it

My Peanuts
08-11-2004, 02:36 PM
Since Sylvia & Harley have short fur I use a regular bar of Dove soap. I don't think it would work for breeds with long hair because Dove isn't a shampoo. Harley has bad skin too (not as bad as poor Jasper) and the Dove does help especially in the summer. Hey, if it's good enough for me, it's good enough for them. Or is it the other way around!?! :p

tatsxxx11
08-11-2004, 03:56 PM
We just started using a great new shampoo for itchy, "allergic" skin types with oatmeal and tea tree oil. Have to go grab the bottle for the name. But, be careful using tea tree oil around kitties. I read recently that it is highly toxic to cats. Sorry about Jasper's setback:( Hopefully the increased dosage and a good shampoo will help. Perhaps your vet can suggest a prescription shampoo? Feel better Jasper:) (Back with the shampoo name)

micki76
08-11-2004, 04:52 PM
I use a shampoo I get from the V E T called Relief. It's for allergies, very good stuff that I literally buy by the gallon. I also use ResiSoothe leave in conditioner for alllergies, also from the V E T, though they can both be bought online.

Maybe you can try one & a half pills a day?

anna_66
08-11-2004, 05:02 PM
Oh I'm sorry poor Jasper is itchy again. I don't have any suggestions but I hope that you can find something that works for him.

DogLover9501
08-11-2004, 07:12 PM
Thanks everyone.

Sandra- I have heard that tea tree oil is good! Can't wait for the name ;)

Micki- I didn't even think if 1 and a half pills a day :o That is better than 2 atleast!

I'll keep you all updated!

dappledoxie
08-12-2004, 09:13 AM
Good luck with Jasper boy! Hugs!

LorraineO
08-12-2004, 09:27 AM
hope the meds help ,,,, I do kow that the more you bathe,, the drier the skin gets......