PDA

View Full Version : If you could pick a pet that you never had, what would it be?

jungle4u
08-11-2004, 12:56 PM
I think I would choose a horse or a ferrit! They are both SOOO cute!

Jennah:) :)

dogs_4_me
08-11-2004, 12:59 PM
I would completely choose a gorrila or a monkey, lolz weird i no, but i completely love them!

Toller 42
08-11-2004, 01:02 PM
I would definitley want a horse or a ferret! Definitley more dogs though!

jungle4u
08-11-2004, 01:03 PM
They are too cute! I would like to have a baby chimp. Can I do that? Ad that to my list?:D :p

Jennah lololol

catnapper
08-11-2004, 01:04 PM
I've always wanted a bunny rabbit! One that hops around the house freely like a cat. :)

jungle4u
08-11-2004, 01:07 PM
Its not legal, not do I like it happining, but they are so cute! They have those cabbits. Half cat, half rabbit. They are cats that hop cause they have rabbit feet! But I don't aproove of it happening! But they are cute!

jungle4u
08-11-2004, 01:09 PM
Basically they cross bread. thats not a good idea. Have you ever seen one? :)

Jennah

Pam
08-11-2004, 01:09 PM
I know this is still in the dog category, rather than another pet, but I would love to have a PUG some day. :)

jungle4u
08-11-2004, 01:26 PM
What is a pug?

Kfamr
08-11-2004, 01:33 PM
A Pug is a breed of Dog.

joanofark
08-11-2004, 01:53 PM
I would also like a ferrit!

This is a pug...
http://www.thepetprofessor.com/SubsImages/pet_Profile/Pug.jpg

Buddy Blaze Lover
08-11-2004, 01:58 PM
Oh that's easy...I would love a thoroughbred horse! Wish I could be a jockey too, but I'm too tall for that! :D

BitsyNaceyDog
08-11-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by jungle4u
Its not legal, not do I like it happining, but they are so cute! They have those cabbits. Half cat, half rabbit. They are cats that hop cause they have rabbit feet! But I don't aproove of it happening! But they are cute!

Cabbits are just a myth, there is actually no such thing.

wolf_Q
08-11-2004, 05:08 PM
A cat :) I've never had a cat, I'd love to have one.

swimma253
08-11-2004, 05:26 PM
Id love to have a.... horse. They are so beautiful! And/or a dolphin... I could keep it in my pool! lol jk! And a dachshund! ;)

Harmanie
08-11-2004, 05:28 PM
I think mine would either be a ferrit, a horse, or I would like to own a monkey!:p

Kate

DogLover9501
08-11-2004, 07:32 PM
I just want a rottweiler!!! Also a Ragdoll cat :D

Originally posted by KBlaix
Cabbits are just a myth, there is actually no such thing.

Actually my mom had one growing up, someone got them by accident :o I have seen a picture or two of it in old albums, it had short front legs and sat up like a bunny.

wolf_Q
08-11-2004, 07:38 PM
As far as the "cabbits" subject goes maybe I'm loony but there is NO WAY it is possible to breed a rabbit with a cat. They are completely different species.

I have heard of "twisty cats" or something like that...cats bred with tiny front legs and larger back legs so they have to hop to get around. Poor cats!

Kfamr
08-11-2004, 07:44 PM
Uh, yeah there's so way possible to breed a rabbit and a cat seeing they are two different species.

wolf_Q
08-11-2004, 07:53 PM
Reguarding "cabbits"

http://www.lairweb.org.nz/tiger/cabbits.html

Uabassoon
08-11-2004, 08:05 PM
I think you are thinking of twisty cats because a cabbit is not genetically possible.

I've always thought it would be fun to have a monkey.

pitc9
08-11-2004, 08:18 PM
I had a Manx once, and people often asked me if she was part rabbit because of how she hopped all the time!:)

What is a twisty cat??

I would like to have ... another dog!!! LOL
I can't think of anyother animal I would want!!!
I LOVE DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!

Uabassoon
08-11-2004, 08:21 PM
What is a twisty cat??

"Twisty cats are caused by a genetic mutation called radial hypoplasia, in which all or no part of the long bone from elbow to wrist, is missing, leaving either no front paws or only vestigial paws. "
What are twisty cats? (http://www.the-cats-meow.ca/twisty1.html)

It's really sad that people will breed an animal with a genetic deformity because it's "cute".

popcornbird
08-11-2004, 08:47 PM
I saw a red-front parrot at Petco the other day, and ever since then, I've been dying to have that bird!!! It was SO cute and sweet. Other than that, I would love to have an African Grey or Cockatoo.

After birds, my first pet choice would be a cat. I ***love*** cats, and really hope I have one in my life someday.

slleipnir
08-11-2004, 08:48 PM
A horse

micki76
08-11-2004, 09:23 PM
I really want a tarantula. :eek: I'm not sure why, but I'm fascinated by them. All other spiders terrify me.

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/dontknow.gif

I've already had parakeets, rats, ferrets, fish, cats, and of course dogs. I'll have many of these again some day. (after the terriers are at the RB)

I'd like to have horses and a snake also.

QueenScoopalot
08-11-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by jungle4u
It's physically IMPOSSIBLE for tow totally different specis to mate like a cat and a rabbit! Here's a great website that may clear the myth from your head!
http://www.messybeast.com/catarchive.htm#curious
But I would love to have a pygmy goat or two! :)

QueenScoopalot
08-11-2004, 10:47 PM
Uabassoon Thank you for using the proper medical name for these cats. Radial Hypoplasia or Radial Adenesis!!;) ;) The term "Twisty Kat" was coined by Vicki Speir in Texas who bred, and maybe still does breed these genetic mutations of the polydactyl genes. I posted about several of my rescued RA/RH kitties during my time here. I'll add the link about him in a moment, just don't have a clue how to pause here, and find the post! Calling them 'Twisty Kats' only glorifies what I spent over a year petitoning against..the deliberate breeding of grossly deformed cats! :( Jan P.S The term TWISTY KAT really makes me think of wringing out a wet towel or something! UGHHH!:rolleyes:

QueenScoopalot
08-11-2004, 10:52 PM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55581

Kirby has the more severe form of this birth defect radial agenesis, which translates to absence of bone in the radial bone (main leg bone). I've rescued several of these kitties off the streets now, and my dearest, and badly missed Willy is at the R.B. :(

Uabassoon
08-11-2004, 10:56 PM
Uabassoon etc. PLEASE, I beg you...use the proper medical name for these cats.

Sorry about that, I didn't realize that I was glorifing them. From now on I will call them by their proper name.

QueenScoopalot
08-11-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
Sorry about that, I didn't realize that I was glorifing them. From now on I will call them by their proper name.
LOL...you were posting while I was editing! You were a Doo-Bee! :D I just hate the fact that this nut in Texas went all over the news etc. bragging about her new 'breed' of cats! So I prefer not to call them by the name she coined, and try to educate others not too also. It made me sick that she made a point of breeding such malformed cats...and I know first hand, it's not an easy life for them. :(

Corinna
08-11-2004, 11:35 PM
I know my absolute ultmate pet would be a Black panther. I have always wanted one. When I get my farm and can build the proper enclosre to keep it in a safe envoirment.,maybe.
My son in law dated a gal in California who had 2 she walked on the beach.
We almost had a bobcat a few years ago,but due to what we felt would be unfair we were traveling a lot.
The more possible pet is a Shire horse.