PDA

View Full Version : I like everything! What music do you like?

jungle4u
08-11-2004, 11:48 AM
See, I like all typs of music. I feel that If you listen to just one typ you really never learn anything. Its good to listen to a variaty. What do you like?

Jennah:D

Tonya
08-11-2004, 11:53 AM
I like everything, but my radio station is mainly on hiphop-rap. I would probably like Rock more, but that's all my hubby and son listen to and they monopolize the radio, so I get tired of it.

Although I don't speak Spanish, I like listening to Spanish stations at work. The music is upbeat and it makes me think I'm in Cancun again. :D

jungle4u
08-11-2004, 12:01 PM
Thats cool how you can take your music and turn it into somthing else! when did you go to cancun?:D

lizzielou742
08-11-2004, 12:45 PM
I am very particular about what I listen to. I'm not into mainstream pop. I like bands like Radiohead, Dave Matthews Band, Guster, Ben Folds, Allman Brothers, Travis, Coldplay, Widespread Panic. Oh and my boyfriend's band, Voodoo Symphony (www.voodoosymphony.com) even though they're not playing much lately. :D

jungle4u
08-11-2004, 12:49 PM
I've never heard of the voodoo, um well your boyfriends band. What typ of music is that? :D

Jennah

BCBlondie
08-11-2004, 01:02 PM
I listen to rock.. ranging from classic rock to alternative and metal. I also like oldies, 80's, 90's, and some techno.

Kfamr
08-11-2004, 01:54 PM
Mosrtly Hip-Hop & Emo. But most of the time I don't pay attention to music genres.

lizzielou742
08-11-2004, 01:57 PM
jungle4u-

They're a rock band, you've never heard of them b/c they only play locally (here in Kentucky). Maybe someday they'll make it big, though, and then you can say you heard of them way-back-when!! LOL ;) Just kidding. If you go to their website and click on "music" you can listen to one of their songs.

The Cat Factory
08-11-2004, 02:31 PM
Classic Rock is pretty much all I listen too, like Pink Floyd, Rush, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, and The Beatles, but I also listen to some metal, like Megadeth, Pantera, and Metallica...

davidpizzica
08-11-2004, 02:32 PM
Jennah, I'm david p from Pittsburgh, Pa.I listen to oldies alot.I always have my favorite oldies station on. I also like Doo-wop early '50s music.

sirrahbed
08-11-2004, 02:34 PM
For me, it is country all the way:D

CatMama78
08-11-2004, 02:47 PM
I'm pretty much an anything gal too. From rap to country to alternative and rock to classic to oldies, I'll take it all. It just needs to have a good beat or melody is all.

BitsyNaceyDog
08-11-2004, 03:21 PM
I listen to a lot of things, but mostly indy bands like Ozma, Modest Mouse, Ben Folds, and Dismemberment Plan. They Might Be Giants is probably my favorite.:)

jungle4u
08-11-2004, 03:29 PM
So I take it a lot of people like a lot of underground music. That is pretty darn groovy!!!

Jennah

prechrswife
08-11-2004, 04:00 PM
I'm fairly eclectic in my music tastes, but my favorites weren't listed. I voted "other." My favorite music to listen to is Contemporary Christian. I also like country and some rock (especially from the 1980's). I also like classical music when I am in the right mood. The only thing I really don't like is rap.

Amber
08-11-2004, 04:04 PM
I listen to rock, and some metal. I also love the oldies rock.

carole
08-11-2004, 04:22 PM
My musical tastes are quite extreme, going from Music from my younger days, like Eagles, Journey,America, Pink Floyd, Supertramp,Deep Purple, Metallica, George Benson, Steely Dan, Bozz Scaggs, Little River Band, Chicago, Doobie Brothers,( oh do these bring back memories)hip-hop, Usher,R & B, even some of the teeny-bopper stuff from Britany and the likes, to Darkness,Charlotte something forgotten their full name., Black-eyed Peas, I could go on and on, there are so many bands I like. I really enjoy a lot of the modern music today.

I am not a fan of country or Opera.

Has anyone heard of the Finn brothers aka as Crowded House, Kiwi icons,? doing a tour of USA right now, they are also one of my favourites.

jungle4u
08-11-2004, 04:22 PM
Does any one in here listen to classical?

carole
08-11-2004, 04:28 PM
Sorry No classical is one type of music I just donot enjoy.

I do love Scottish music, I wonder what category that fits into?Nothing like the skirl of the pipes and the accordian playing, to kick ones heels up.:)

primabella
08-11-2004, 04:37 PM
I mostly listen to rock (nothing too heavy) or alternative but I'll listen to anything that sounds good to me. I do prefer songs that have a good message in them though. The only types of music I don't like are country, classical, hip hop and techno/dance. Okay that list was longer than I thought. :p

I also like some oldies like Queen. Bohemian Rhapsody has become one of my favorite songs. :)

jungle4u
08-11-2004, 04:41 PM
What about opera?

carole
08-11-2004, 04:57 PM
Sorry I hate Opera,but I do appreciate that these people have great voices, it just isn't my cup of tea, and Techno Dance is another of my NOT so favourites, my nephew is a computer guy and that is his preferred choice of music, I can't take it, just got to leave it well alone.

Harmanie
08-11-2004, 05:12 PM
Opera is okay but I only like the high saprano 2's