PDA

View Full Version : Going in for iron treatments...ack!

NoahsMommy
08-11-2004, 12:13 AM
At least I can say that my life remains really interesting. ;)

Ever since the CA BBQ, I've felt so tired and dizzy. My GI ran a billon blood tests and it turns out my hemoglobin and iron are WAY low again. :(

I have to do four weeks (2 sessions a week) of IV iron treatments in the oncology department of the hospital. I begin them on Monday.

Please keep your fingers crossed they go smoothly. I hate catheters and the last time I had IV iron, it chemically burned my arm. :eek:

I also start school this semester and I can't have anything get in the way of that.

lovemyshiba
08-11-2004, 12:15 AM
You will be in my prayers, that your treatments go smoothly.

My mother in law is currently undergoing the exact same type of treatments, and I hope you do as well as she is.
The doctor told her she would feel better when they were done, but she began feeling a bit better after each one, and she's doing so well now!!

Please let us know how it goes.

NoahsMommy
08-11-2004, 12:19 AM
Thanks so much. :)

How often does your MIL have to go in? Do they leave a catheter in? Or do they give her a new one each time?

I'm glad to hear she's feeling better. Do they know what causes her anemia?

jazzcat
08-11-2004, 12:26 AM
Kellly, you are in my prayers. I really hope this treatment goes easy on you and helps quickly.

Please keep us updated.

Miss Meow
08-11-2004, 03:18 AM
Ouch, yuk, eeek.

Fingers crossed that it's not too uncomfortable for you and helps you get better soon :)

slick
08-11-2004, 06:09 AM
Oh Kelly, that doesn't sound like much fun. Prayers coming your way that they go smoothly.

Maybe it was Dizzyland that did it? :confused: ;)

Lillycat
08-11-2004, 06:55 AM
prayers going your way......take care!

zippy-kat
08-11-2004, 08:00 AM
OH Kelly! :(
Please take care of yourself and know that my prayers and thoughts are with you.

{{hugs}}

anna_66
08-11-2004, 08:04 AM
Well that doesn't sound like any fun at all.

I hope that things go well and you start feeling a little more "spunky" soon:)

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-11-2004, 08:05 AM
Oh you poor thing!:( Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

(((HUGS)))

catnapper
08-11-2004, 08:12 AM
Good luck! I know you'll do great on the treatments and in school (or should I say "you'll do great on the treatments, and in school"?)

Prayers coming your way!

Logan
08-11-2004, 08:26 AM
You are so brave, Kelly. I do hope these treatments will do the trick and have you feeling better in no time! I know your little nurses will help you out a lot!!! :)

Randi
08-11-2004, 08:35 AM
Oh Kelly, I'm sorry you have to have treatment, but keep your chin up! You'll hopefully feel a lot better after! :)

{{{Hugs}}}

Tonya
08-11-2004, 10:46 AM
That doesn't sound like much fun....especially the catheter part. I hate those! I'll be praying that it goes quick and smoothly for you. Best wishes.

lovemyshiba
08-11-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Thanks so much. :)

How often does your MIL have to go in? Do they leave a catheter in? Or do they give her a new one each time?

I'm glad to hear she's feeling better. Do they know what causes her anemia?

I may be a little foggy on this, but I don't believe they know what causes the anemia.
She goes in once a week, and no, they do not leave a catheter in, they give her a new one each time.

She was absolutely dreading this when they told her she would have to do it, but she is feeling so good now, that it's worth it.

cloverfdx
08-11-2004, 11:32 AM
You will be in my thoughts and PT prayers that the treatments go well.

{{Hugs}}

jungle4u
08-11-2004, 12:04 PM
I seriously hope that you will be okay! I will be praying for you! my mom is going into surgury tomarro so I will pray for you and her! God bless you! My fingers are most definetly crossed!!!:)

Jennah

wolflady
08-11-2004, 12:05 PM
Kelly, I just saw this and wanted you to know that I'm here for you sister! Those treatments can't be fun at all, and I know I would be terrified. I hate any kind of needle out there! Poor thing, I was hoping that you would start feeling better, so I'm sad to know you've been feeling under the weather since the BBQ.
Sergei is offering up his belly in hopes that if you rub it, you will feel better...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/mariussmom/SergeiBelly2.jpg
Prayers are on the way for you and lots of purrs from the boys and licks from Priya!
**hugs**
Karen

Kater
08-11-2004, 06:06 PM
I hope the treatments go well, Kelly!
{{{BIG HUGS}}}

shais_mom
08-12-2004, 12:02 AM
good luck Kelly!!!
Prayers on the way!

Killearn Kitties
08-12-2004, 08:05 AM
I hope the treatments go well for you. I'll be thinking of you and wishing you all the best. :)

gini
08-12-2004, 11:31 AM
Ahhh, Kelly, I just saw this and I am so sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well. Bless your heart, another round of treatments for you.

How I pray that you will feel so much better and the treatments won't interfere with your school schedule.

Keep us updated on your progress - you know you have a fan club here that cares about you a great deal!

NoahsMommy
08-12-2004, 11:54 AM
You are all so sweet, thank you. :)

I've been told that since I'm going to be in oncology, it wont be as bad as when I was actually admitted. I guess these nurses have much more experince with catheters and needles. That really does reassure me. Thank goodness.

I'm really looking forward to feeling better. Its such a yucky feeling...I can hardly catch my breath for hours after I wake up. But I'm soooo tired I just want to sleep more. Not fun. :(

Logan,
The kitty nurses have been wonderful. They must sense something isn't right with me, I typically awake with three or four kitters on the bed, but lately have gone to bed with and woken up with at least six on the bed. :) They are too sweet.

Karen,
Awww!! RUBS to Sergei! :)

Again, thank you for your prayers and support. You are all such wonderful friends.

RICHARD
08-12-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

Again, thank you for your prayers and support. You are all such wonderful friends.

We are really wonderful alright.....

You come down to Southern Cal for a day and we beat the crap outta you...:eek:

I guess we'll have to make next year's BBQ a little more pedestrian and not so exciting....;)

Feel better.........

Prayers needed?
Prayers sent!:)

ChrisH
08-12-2004, 02:20 PM
Aw, Kelly. {{hugs}} Prayers and positive thoughts on their way.

Harmanie
08-12-2004, 02:28 PM
Good luck. prayers for u