PDA

View Full Version : My cat is outdoors :(

catluva
07-22-2000, 11:48 PM
I have an orange tabby named Tom that I've had for 7 years and he is 7 years old. He is a very sweet cat, usually well behaved. I love him soooo much, but now that I've moved, my mother is making me keep him outside. This made me VERY VERY sad... http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/frown.gif I have not been able to stop thinking about him recently.
She says it is only because he started peeing all over the place before we moved. I did some research on that, and it is because he went outdoors and came back indoors and treated it like he was outside.
I cry all the time at night, I miss him so much, I feel lonely all the time. It is hard for me to get to sleep, too. An average night for me is falling asleep an hour after getting into bed. I miss Tom's comfort a lot. My mother's room is on the opposite end of the house, to make matters worse. (Sometimes that can be a good thing though.)
Now that he is living outside on a farm with other cats, he is acting way different. He is constantly sick but never used to be sick; and when he is sick he isn't very great!
I used to have a great time with him when he was inside... *sigh* I don't know what else to say. Please give me advice.

treybabe
07-24-2000, 04:14 PM
I can feel the saddness of your situation very much. Your cat is acting out behavior strange to him because, he, like you, is very unhappy. He misses the closeness of his buddy just as much as you do and probably from afar senses your saddness too. Will your mother consider letting him stay in if you put a litter box in your room and keep him in when you are there especially at night? Cats don't adjust to being outdoor cats very well if they have always been indoor cats. Obviously your mother doesn't share your love of cats which is extemely difficult and I do understand. My mother hated cats and it wasn't until I married and lived away from home that I ever got one. That was many years ago. Because of my love for cats my adult children also have cats of their own and treat them like princes and princesses. Spoiled but happy--kitties. :-)

P.S. If I were you I would try to move as soon as possible.(with kitty, of course)

Originally posted by catluva:
I have an orange tabby named Tom that I've had for 7 years and he is 7 years old. He is a very sweet cat, usually well behaved. I love him soooo much, but now that I've moved, my mother is making me keep him outside. This made me VERY VERY sad... http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/frown.gif I have not been able to stop thinking about him recently.
She says it is only because he started peeing all over the place before we moved. I did some research on that, and it is because he went outdoors and came back indoors and treated it like he was outside.
I cry all the time at night, I miss him so much, I feel lonely all the time. It is hard for me to get to sleep, too. An average night for me is falling asleep an hour after getting into bed. I miss Tom's comfort a lot. My mother's room is on the opposite end of the house, to make matters worse. (Sometimes that can be a good thing though.)
Now that he is living outside on a farm with other cats, he is acting way different. He is constantly sick but never used to be sick; and when he is sick he isn't very great!
I used to have a great time with him when he was inside... *sigh* I don't know what else to say. Please give me advice.