PDA

View Full Version : Hello! I'm new, can ya show me around? please?

08-10-2004, 06:25 PM
Hi!

My name is Katie. I just started pet talk today. I was wondering if any one could help me on how and what goes on. I would be very greatful. It would be also nice to make a new friend!

Katie :)

dogs_4_me
08-10-2004, 06:28 PM
welcome to pet talk! You'll notice that most people have a signature (siggy) you can either go to user cp and profile and attach a picture for your siggy or there are people here that can make you great ones! We all love to see pictures of your pets!;)

I'm Laur, by the way lol, I own a golden retriever and a terrier mix...or do they own me....anyway hope u have a good time at pet talk

Corinna
08-10-2004, 06:29 PM
welcome I'm Corinna I am owned by a springer named Merlin . I also have 3 grand kitties, a newfy and a mini bunny that share my home . Around here its just look around and jump in on a thread.

RICHARD
08-10-2004, 06:35 PM
Forget your life as you know it.

One post leads to another and soon you'll wake up in the morning, and check Pet Talk before you brush your teeth.

Remember,

You were warned!!:D

Welcome.

The best way to get in on the action is start at the top and keep reading.....You'll find a spot you'll like.

08-10-2004, 06:36 PM
That doggie is just too! cute!

however, i am still confused! Ha ha ha! I really don't know how to set this kinda thing up! help!!!

08-10-2004, 06:37 PM
Well thank you Richard! I will definetly keep that in mind! LOL:D

dappledoxie
08-10-2004, 06:43 PM
Welcome! Umm yeah like Richard said, just gotta read and post and such :D :D You'll meet lots of great people here! :D

08-10-2004, 06:45 PM
I think that I allready have! I never expected anyone to write back. you are all so nice ya know? :)

thank you!

Katie

slick
08-10-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
One post leads to another and soon you'll wake up in the morning, and check Pet Talk before you brush your teeth.
:D Or be like me and check on Pet Talk before you're even dressed in the morning.....:eek:

Welcome to Pet Talk! You'll love it here and pretty soon you will come to realize that we all care about each other and each other's pets. Oh yes, and we love to see pictures. :)

wolflady
08-10-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by slick
:D Or be like me and check on Pet Talk before you're even dressed in the morning.....:eek:

Welcome to Pet Talk! You'll love it here and pretty soon you will come to realize that we all care about each other and each other's pets. Oh yes, and we love to see pictures. :)

LOL LOL It's true!! I pop into PT several times a day just to see what's happening...and of course...we DO love pictures!!! ;)

LOL

*hint, hint*
**hugs**
Karen

MariaM
08-10-2004, 06:50 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! Hope you have a good time around here...there are lots of new threads everyday, so you'll never get bored!

Also...just wondering....do you happen to be Harmanie?

08-10-2004, 06:50 PM
As much as I would love to give out pictures of my beautiful cat, I don't have a camera that goes into the computer!:( Do you know where I can get one? And one of those ziggy things?

dukedogsmom
08-10-2004, 06:51 PM
Welcome! I notice from your profile that you're interested in Egypt. I love some of that stuff, too. Though I've never studied it, I think it would be fascinating to be an archaeologist. I've watched some things on the Discovery channel and such. When you can get your photos hosted somewhere, we'd love to see your cat.

RICHARD
08-10-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Shmooshma
I think that I allready have! I never expected anyone to write back. you are all so nice ya know? :)

thank you!

Katie

By the way....

There are quite a few people who are computer whizzes!!!

If you hang around long enough you'll see that they post
threads where you can give them a picture and they will help you
get that picture as part of your avatar (the little pic under your name) or the fancy pics under your signature...

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?threadid=52132

Here's a place to start!

slick
08-10-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Shmooshma
As much as I would love to give out pictures of my beautiful cat, I don't have a camera that goes into the computer!:( Do you know where I can get one? And one of those ziggy things?
I don't have a camera at all. I just buy one of those disposable ones, take pictures and when I have it developed, I make sure to ask for a CD. Then I upload the pics from CD to Imagestation and voila!

Can someone please post that really neat link for instructions for posting pictures? Thanks.

dukedogsmom
08-10-2004, 06:55 PM
Is this Harmanie? I notice you have the same birthdays a year apart and you also both have a calico cat. If so, this approach is much better. See how easy it is to get started here?

dogs_4_me
08-10-2004, 06:57 PM
Shmooshma, u blocked out all private messages!

:( ;)

davidpizzica
08-10-2004, 06:59 PM
Katie, welcome to Pet tallk! My name is david p and I live in Pittsburgh, Pa. I am a manservant to Nikki, a 3 and 1/2 y. o. tuxedo kitty, and Daisy, a 15 m.o. tortie. I hope that you will do alot of posting around here. The key word around here is "addiction" once you post, you'll keep on posting!! Just jump in with an idea, thought, and someone will answer you. You will find that PTers are the nicest, knowledgeable about pets, and the most off-the -wall people you'll ever meet! Katie I think you wil fit in nicely!

Harmanie
08-10-2004, 07:04 PM
ya know, I decided to go under my other name. I decided a fresh start would do me good seeing how i started and tripped at the same time. I lied under shmooshma's name by saying i was 17. I didn't want you to think it was well, me. I hate starting off on the wrong hand. I guess i was just nervouse ya know? So maybe I can start over? thanks for all of your email. I seriously still don't know how to get the pic but i'll try to figure it out. I just got kinda scared when a lot of people were getting on my case. i didn't know what to do. then I got thos emails. Some one with cat_ lobe _111 i don't know. i deleted it. but thanks.

Toller 42
08-10-2004, 07:05 PM
Welcome to PT! this is a very addicting place, i didn't believe anyone at first when they told me but it actually is the first thing I do every morning is feed my dogs and get on the computer to see whats new here. The people are really nice, I have 4 dogs that you can see in my signature.

lizzielou742
08-10-2004, 07:08 PM
Well then, Harmanie it is!!! I like that name. Welcome to PT!! :) :D

My name is Liz, I have two cats named Tito and Sophie, and two fish. I'm seriously addicted to Pet Talk. I check it and the pet of the day websites (www.catoftheday.com, www.petoftheday.com, and www.dogoftheday.com, they are linked at the bottom of the main page) every day.

So, tell us about your cat! What's his/her name? Do you have any other pets?

Again, welcome!! :D

Kfamr
08-10-2004, 07:48 PM
Welcome to PT but really there's no need to change your name so much. A new name doesn't change who you are or what you've said. You just gotta live and move on and hope others can do the same. :)

KYS
08-10-2004, 08:42 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk. : )

anna_66
08-10-2004, 09:03 PM
I'd like to give you a big PT http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/WelcomeHello/18.gif

I hope you stick around!

AmberLee
08-10-2004, 10:33 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk. We look forward to getting to know you and your cat.

jazzcat
08-11-2004, 12:03 AM
Welcome to PT!!

NoahsMommy
08-11-2004, 12:24 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk! :)

I'd love to hear/read more about your kitty. What is her name? how old is she? Do you have any other pets?

I'm Kelly and I live with all the "perfect in every way" ( ;) ) animals you see in my signature, plus three fish. :)

Lillycat
08-11-2004, 07:18 AM
WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toby's my baby
08-11-2004, 11:05 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk!! My name is Beth and I am owned by 2 dogs, 3 cats, 4 ducks, 2 horses, and 6 fish. Hope to hear more about your cat! Hope you like it here!

Harmanie
08-11-2004, 11:14 AM
I don't live in egypt. i just studie it on my own time
i've been doing that evet sense i was in 4 grade. I think that ancient egyptions are so unique. I can read and write most of thier writings.

jungle4u
08-11-2004, 12:20 PM
Thats pretty amazing!

You started when you were in 4'th grade! Pretty cool! Well welcom to pt! Hope you stick around!!!:D
Jennah