PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME Talk him out of it!!!

AmberLee
08-10-2004, 05:55 PM
Okay, it's my fault. :( We've apparently watched "Seabiscuit" one time too many.

My Cassy has decided he wants to be a jockey in this year's Olympics. I've tried telling him he's never riden a horse, but he's convinced he's a natural!! I don't think the 'natural affinity between four footed creatures' that he's been spouting about will cut it! To practice he's been leaping on my back every time I bend down. I particularly hate his 'GEE HAAAAW, Meowma!' and crunch of his claws. I've even tried telling him horses are bigger than he thinks despite the fact that he can cover them with two paws when they are on screen. :rolleyes:!

I told him he'll need to bring his horse to Greece and now he's plotting to drop in on Ally and 'rustling' one on the way. Sheesh! (He'll look terrible in a prison suit. :o)

He's not listening to me. Can you come up with arguments (in my favor, please) that might get through to my hard-headed little guy? :eek:

AbbyMom
08-10-2004, 08:49 PM
Dear Cassy,

We all admire your ambition and determination. However, it is possible that you need four more years of practice for the Olympics and then, we're sure, you'll definitely be gold medal material.

Repeat after me...'GEE HAAAAW, Meowma!

That's it. Now do it again!

'GEE HAAAAW, Meowma!!

Your friend,

Abby

AmberLee
08-10-2004, 09:58 PM
Thank you. I think...

catnapper
08-10-2004, 10:13 PM
Dear Cassy,
As a fellow feline, I beleive it is not a job befitting a cat. We have finesse! We need to be adored! Everyone would be oohing and aahing over the strength and agilty of the horse and paying no attention to YOU! Face it, every cat needs to be the star, and if you are riding atop a horse, the limelight goes to the horse, not you. We simply cannot have that! Cats have a certain dignity to maintain.

Why not try racing the horse? THEN you'd get all the attention you deserve! I'm sure a cat would be faster than any old horse! YES, you could race the horse!

Yours in cattitude,
Allen

Edwina's Secretary
08-10-2004, 10:53 PM
Well...like how would you find a horse that matches???? and like, how would you decide what color silks you would wear??? and I mean...like how would you decide what to call the horse, and like, you know....like....what if the horse goes, like really fast, you know? and like...your hair gets all messed up, you know????

VG.......Edwina

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-10-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
Well...like how would you find a horse that matches???? and like, how would you decide what color silks you would wear??? and I mean...like how would you decide what to call the horse, and like, you know....like....what if the horse goes, like really fast, you know? and like...your hair gets all messed up, you know????

VG.......Edwina

Oh no!!! It's happening already and she's not even in California yet! Edwina, come back! ;) :D

Cassy, Tubby here, I think you should go for the bull-riding event instead of horse riding. They have those mechanical bulls that are a lot less dangerous than horses - no hooves to stomp you with my dear. Then you get to wear one of those cool cowboy hats like Eddie and Marshall instead of some silly old silks. Silks are for girly cats. :rolleyes: ;)

AmberLee
08-12-2004, 07:33 PM
Thank you, I think your combined wisdom did it.

Last night he cuddle in my arms 3 times and never leapt on my back ... jockey-envy ended???

catmandu
08-13-2004, 09:09 AM
Actually it is a well known fact,that many Great Race Horses,had Cats,in the stable,as Friends,all he has to do,is find A Friendly Fast Horse!