PDA

View Full Version : uh oh

dogs_4_me
08-10-2004, 05:51 PM
My neices and nephew are over, left there chocolate milk on foor, moko drank it! I know chocolate is horrible for dogs, its not real chocolate though, should i be taking him to the vet now or waiting for symtoms, if somthing is going to happen! If you have any answers please please please relpy!

binka_nugget
08-10-2004, 05:58 PM
He should be fine. It's the darker, baker's chocolate you have to really worry about. Chocolate milk and milk chocolate aren't as dangerous.

tatsxxx11
08-10-2004, 06:00 PM
He should be fine. It takes quite a bit of dark chocolate to make them sick. The very dark chocolate, i.e. baking choc. is the worst. I'm sure he'll be oik. But watch for an upset belly, vomiting. If he does, I'd give the vet a call but I think he'll be fine!

heinz57_79
08-10-2004, 06:01 PM
A bit of chocolate milk shouldnt be a big deal at all. it's bittersweet and dark chocolate that causes problems. But then, my dogs have managed to polish of 3 lbs of fudge, and a dark chocolate fudge cake with NO problems. :rolleyes:

dogs_4_me
08-10-2004, 06:04 PM
thanks guys, lol trust moko to walk past his water to the chocolate milk;):rolleyes:

dappledoxie
08-10-2004, 06:24 PM
Of course, he'd rather have that chocolate milk than water hehehe! Kinda like that Kibbles and Bits commercial. Where the guy drops a steak off the grill and the bulldog just looks at it like, nah.... and eats his wet food again. lol! I was like suuuure, hehe, my dogs would stop and at least go sniff it!