PDA

View Full Version : Toby gave us a scare.

stacwase
08-10-2004, 03:54 PM
I thought Toby was a goner. :(

We brought him out to the farm the day before yesterday. We timed it very carefully so that he could be here when we weren't having company and everything was nice and calm. (We don't have TV here yet by the way).

Our teenage girls have been "holding out" at the old house. They're refusing to leave until they absolutely have to. While my husband and I have been sleeping at the farm, they have been at the old house with Toby.

So - we went and picked him up along with his litterbox and food and kitty furniture. He yowled the whole way here. It was heartwrenching. Then we brought him in the house and gave him dinner. The intention was to make him an indoor only cat, or at least wait a week or two before we introduced him to the yard - so he'd know for sure this was his new home.

Well Bob opened the door and Toby just disappeared into the night. Then this huge thunderstorm started. We don't get them much around here, and when we do they're usually mild and very short. This one was extremely loud and there was tons of rain and it lasted for like 5 hours.

It's so dark out here, and there aren't very many roads. I just knew he'd never find his way home. But FINALLY he showed up late last night - after being gone more than 24 hours. He was soaking wet and scared, but otherwise fine. Of course now he's velcro cat. So we have velcro cat, velcro dog, and two superglue dogs.

AmberLee
08-10-2004, 05:26 PM
Sounds like a traumatic start to the new home. So glad things are going better now.

More power to velcro-kitties/pupsters.

kimlovescats
08-10-2004, 05:30 PM
So glad that Toby is now safely back home!!!;)

QueenScoopalot
08-10-2004, 05:32 PM
I'm so glad Toby found his way home even though he'd only been there a short time. Poor Toby, and poor you to have to worry like that. :( Maybe stock up on super glue, and stick him to something! :D

rg_girlca
08-10-2004, 06:14 PM
Poor Toby. He must have been so scared and how scary for you also to have him gone for so long.

Maybe you might just have your indoor kitty afterall.;)
He probably got so scared that he just might not want to venture outside again.

Poor baby though, give him hugs and kisses for me and tell him NOT to scare you like that again.

AbbyMom
08-10-2004, 08:27 PM
Wow, what a fright! How could you sleep? So glad he's back home.

catnapper
08-10-2004, 08:29 PM
That is a major fright! I'd have been completely beside myself with worry during that whole time he was gone!