PDA

View Full Version : Would you know he's blind?

Glacier
08-09-2004, 11:56 PM
If I hadn't already told you, would you guess this dog is blind?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs/preacher.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs/preacher3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs/preacher2.jpg

I'm so proud of this dog. He truly owns my heart. Life has done some miserable things to Preacher, the least of which seems to be taking his sight. But he never complains, he just puts his head down and keeps going. I think alot of people could learn some lessons from him--I sure have.

dogs_4_me
08-10-2004, 12:00 AM
Thats such a gorgeus dog, your right, people should learn from preacher, it would sure make our world a better place!!! What awseme dog you have! When lifes tuff keep on moving! eh Preacher!

Fox-Gal
08-10-2004, 12:55 AM
Preacher is gorgeus.

My Mooch also is blind, it just happened a few months ago. I know she has taught me alot sence this happened. As each day passes, I'm supprised more and more of what she still can do and what new tricks she has learned to make up for her lose of site. Of course she still bumps into things in the house now and again, but her sence of smell has really given her a different kind of sight. She has no problems finding her food, the other dogs, cats, her way around the yard and of course the one special spot of her's that she loves to roll around in. I know I couldn't adjust as fast as she has if I was in her shoes (paws)

Just today a friend came by and was worried when he saw Mooch walking away from me in the yard. He thought I should go get her. I told him, she fine, she knows where she is going, she heading towards the deck to sleep on the step stone. He couldn't belive she that she headed right to it, no problem. (of course I still watch her outside, sometimes she walks through red ants :eek: )

Like you said head down and they keep going on their way, nothing stoping them. :) I wonder is we could be that strong or brave.

LorraineO
08-10-2004, 08:24 AM
He is just doing what he loves to do,, and be darned the lack of eyesight,,,, I sometimes think they see more then we do,, dont you??

Hes beautiful!!!

swimma253
08-10-2004, 08:36 AM
I wouldnt even guess! He looks just like your average sweet, happy, adorable dog! :D He is just so cute! ;)

pitc9
08-10-2004, 09:37 AM
You guys both have me all teary eyed talking about your wonderful pups. God Bless you both and your pups!!!

RobiLee
08-10-2004, 11:51 AM
I would never have known.

Preacher is so handsome. Give him a hug from me!

Robin :)

mruffruff
08-10-2004, 11:56 AM
I would never guess. He's a handsome guy.

My dog Bear is like Mooch. Knows his way around the house and yard as well as the other dogs. Sometimes I forget, too. At least until he bumps into the doorways.:D

Mary

EssTer
08-10-2004, 02:44 PM
I would never guess.. I think I missed that you said that dog;s bling..Anyway he's awesome boy - really pretty doggy :)

LuckiLab03
08-10-2004, 02:51 PM
Wow. He's very handsome, I love his colors/markings. What breed is he? It's great that he is living his life to the fullest, he looks like a sweetheart. Kisses and hugs to you Preacher! :) :)

Glacier
08-10-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by luckilab03
Wow. He's very handsome, I love his colors/markings. What breed is he?

He's an Alaskan Husky. Basically a mutt bred to pull a sled.

tatsxxx11
08-10-2004, 03:00 PM
Oh Glacier! Your beautiful Preacher is the very picture of a happy, contented, life loving pup. No doubt it's due to the fact that he is so completely and thoroughly loved and adored and he knows it! Bear, Mooch, Preacher, you've all touched my heart today. What amazing doggies:)

dukedogsmom
08-10-2004, 03:25 PM
His eyes are so pretty. He looks very happy, being so close to nature. I'm sure you make sure he has a wonderful life.

anna_66
08-10-2004, 04:15 PM
Nope, I would have never know!

Hugs to you Preacher!