PDA

View Full Version : Loney and worried..

Glacier
08-09-2004, 11:43 PM
I had to take two of my cats to the vet today. Pete and Twicket have both had PU surgeries and have ongoing urinary tract problems. I think they both have UTIs right now, both missing the box. One pees on soft stuff and one pees on hard surfaces. So I took them both in today. NEITHER of them will pee at the vet. They can't get a urine sample. Pee all over my house, not a drop at the clinic. So they are spending the night there with some special kind of litter box to get the samples, let's hope they use the boxes!!

The vet also thinks that Twicket has a heart murmer!!

Still six cats here, but it feels very lonely tonight!:(

jazzcat
08-10-2004, 01:58 AM
Oh Glacier, I'm so sorry. I'll say a prayer for both boys. I really hope the vet can help them, especially Twicket if it is a murmur.

Logan
08-10-2004, 02:29 AM
I know you will be so happy to get them home. We'll keep them in our thoughts and prayers. :)

Barbara
08-10-2004, 03:58 AM
Paws and fingers crossed around here:D Hope that they find soon what's wrong with Pete and Twicket. Best thoughts on their way:)

Kirsten
08-10-2004, 04:03 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry!! I hope the heart murmour isn't anything serious!!

And I can relate to the problem of getting urine samples! Same here!! Good luck!

Kirsten

Killearn Kitties
08-10-2004, 04:10 AM
Positive thoughts coming your way for poor Pete and Twicket. It's horrible to leave them at the vet isn't it? Fingers crossed for good news.

prechrswife
08-10-2004, 08:08 AM
I hope everything turns out okay. I hate having to leave them at the vet's overnight.

catlover4ever
08-10-2004, 08:58 AM
Positive thoughts are coming your way. I can not imagine having two of them going through the surgeries at the same time....Please keep us posted on Twicket and Pete.

catnapper
08-10-2004, 09:36 AM
:( :( :( Hugs! Poor kitties are scared to death at the vets, and sick at home. Get healthy soon!

DJFyrewolf36
08-10-2004, 09:39 AM
Get well soon, Pete and Twicket, your meowme is worried!

Paws and fingers crossed for good results at the white coats!

Kona & Oreo's mom
08-10-2004, 09:40 AM
I hope that Pete and Twicket "go" for the vet and that they are home and healthy soon.

catmandu
08-10-2004, 09:57 AM
The Found Cats,are sending prayers,taht the White Coats,can help Our Poor Friends,and they can Go Home,Soon!

Cinder & Smoke
08-10-2004, 09:57 AM
Hi God ~

Did Ya have any luck gettin da 'Laskan Kay Boyz,
Pete an Twicket, to da a *pee* last nite?

Maybee You kuld rumble wunna Your Volcanos near da hoppsbittel
ta *scare* sum outta dem!

Pleeze check on em an Help da White Coats figgure out what
their plummin problem is.

We'll be Crossin Pawz & Klawz, an sendin PT Prayers,
till we hear an all-clear.

THANKS, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

lizzielou742
08-10-2004, 09:58 AM
How stressful!! I hope everything turns out for the best. Keep us updated.

Felicia's Mom
08-10-2004, 10:16 AM
Positive thoughts for your babies at the vets.

Glacier
08-10-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by catlover4ever
Positive thoughts are coming your way. I can not imagine having two of them going through the surgeries at the same time....Please keep us posted on Twicket and Pete.

They didn't have it at the same time. Pete had his two years ago when he was two and a half. He'll be five next month. Twicket had his about eight years ago. I don't really know the details as he wasnt' mine at the time. I only know he had the surgery because his former owner dropped off his vet records when he dumped Twicket at the shelter. I've only had the pleasure of knowing Twicket for a year.

Glacier
08-10-2004, 12:16 PM
They are both home. I picked them up about an hour ago. The vet got the samples, but she hadn't reviewed the results yet. I took them home anyway. Twicket wrapped his paws around my neck and purred his head off. No way was he going into his kennel. Pete is ticked off. He hissed and spit at me all the way home.

Will update again when I get the results of their tests.

catlover4ever
08-10-2004, 12:46 PM
Sorry I read the first post too fast:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I'm glad they are both home and hopefully they will both be feeling better really soon.