PDA

View Full Version : I found a puppy please give any info and advice!!!!!! help!

dogs_4_me
08-09-2004, 06:00 PM
There has been a puppy on the loose in a neighbourhood for quite some time already however no one could ever come close enough to help it out. 2 days ago it was in my back yard, it got in threw a hole in the fence, that emma dug out. She has taken an immediate love to emma, and i have now been able to come close enough to pet her, andfeed her. I am not sure what to feed her though, i took her to the vet, she is six months old (roughly) I dont want to put her on raw like emma because i am not yet sure if she would do wlel on it. SHe threw up iams puppy food, any suggestions? I am going to keep her till she is bakc in health(3 weeks about) and then i need to know what do with her, lol any one here want to take a 6month old Lab golden retriever cross!!? Should I put her in the Humane Society, or should i keep her and put adds and spread the work around?? Please help me out!

binka_nugget
08-09-2004, 06:59 PM
I've heard California Natural is good for sensitive dogs.

Maybe you can start putting up posters now? Try to get the word out to as much people as you can. Call the shelters and tell them that you found the pup and if anyone is looking for a dog that fits that description, to contact you (also call the shelters that aren't in your area. If the pup has been loose for a while, it may have come from a home a lot further from you.)

Toller 42
08-09-2004, 07:03 PM
I would take her to a retriever rescue of some sort or you could just start asking around. i have always fed my dogs Nutro's natural choice and they all do really well on it. I first got it because my Rotti couldn't eat anything without throwing up, she does great on this food though.

dogs_4_me
08-09-2004, 09:48 PM
thanks for the input I will definitly try that

chrissycat21
08-09-2004, 09:53 PM
Please don't drop her off at a shelter when she is healthy! The number of dogs and cats put down each year is really high, and even though most of the time it is older dogs that are put down, a lot of puppys are too!

Try putting posters up for a 'Found Dog' and calling local shelters to see if anyone is looking for a dog of that description.

If you do have to drop her at a shelter, please make it a no-kill one!

-Chrissy

dogs_4_me
08-09-2004, 10:41 PM
I for sure wont let her be put to sleep, if i cant find an owner, the last resort would be I found Retriever Rescue that would take her, either as a pet or house her untill they find the perfect family. What i really liked about that rescue is i was involved even after I would giver away ( meeting knew owners, interviewing new owners if wanted, every tuesday, thursday and friday we are invited to walk with them. I reallly dont this i will have to resort to the rescure, but if i do, it wont be that bad,

pitc9
08-10-2004, 10:06 AM
Both of mine have sensitive tummies... they do well on Pro Plan Sensitive formula.

I hope you can find a wonderful home for this puppy!!

... any pictures??!?!?:D