both refused to eat the cat food now
is all the same flavour and the poor dears have had it
dude was sick and was throwing up and just refused to eat the last 3 meals
Pepper held on a bit longer but then she too refused to eat it
so they are back on the fancy feast
we all know it is not good when kitty don't eat
I am" not going to force them to eat it" I just can not
if that makes me a bad meowmy as my friend has told me then so be it
they are 8 and 9 years old now and have had variety of flavours for all there lives and now I can not expect them to eat the same thing day in, day out. every day
I would refuse to eat tooooo
I am gonna cut them down with the fancy feast and cut way down on the treaties
Dude caught on to the treatie trick and will not eat them but pepper seems to like the it
When they go for there nail trims next month I will tell the vet and she what else she can recommend
any one have any words of wisdom for me?

jenluckenbach
08-09-2004, 02:43 PM
A diet won't work if they won't eat, so you found out. So keep them on what they like only reduce the amount. And keep treats to a minimum.

mspepper
08-09-2004, 03:12 PM
appreciate the advice and I totally agree

RedHedd
08-09-2004, 03:53 PM
Perhaps switching them to twice a day feedings instead of free feeding. It worked for the M's for a while and then Mishi went on a hunger strike, so he's back to free feeding. Of course, now he's put the weight back on so I'm going to have to switch again to the twice-a-day routine. They weren't too keen on it at first, but got used to it and it did help both of them to lose weight.

jazzcat
08-09-2004, 04:36 PM
Oh, poor Dude and Pepper. I can sympathize because I hate to diet too. Hopefully cutting out the treats and cutting back on portions will help until you go back to the vet.

catcrazylady
08-09-2004, 05:35 PM
Cats and diets just have a hard time mixing! Who can blame them? I would agree with cutting back on portions and treats. Poor kitties hate diets!!

mspepper
08-09-2004, 06:13 PM
thanks for the encouragement
I appreciate it.. my friend had me thinking i was a bad meowy cause I am not sticking to making them eat the diet stuff
my friend has 2 cats but has not had them for long. is his first cats ever and now thinks he knows all there it too know about cats.. truth be told, he knows very little
I agonized over getting the dental for pepper back in march and when I finally decided to go ahead and get it done
Well when I told him i was taking pepper in for her dental back in march, he said and I quote
"you'll be sorry"
I have never furgotten that....
guess I should learn to choose better friends eh

AmberLee
08-09-2004, 08:04 PM
Any chance you can go the other direction? Rather than cutting back the food, stepping up the exercise? (Yeah, not exactly easy... last night Cassy got 15 minutes of chin lifts in as I worked up a sweat dangling a plumey feather over his head...) Sorry, :o dumb idea... :( :rolleyes:

mspepper
08-09-2004, 10:29 PM
no not a dumb idea at all
I appreciate it very much
I do have this one toy they both love and if i can get them to
play everynight would be great
we are in the heat wave right now though and we do not have central air.. at now the cats are both lying in the hall on there backs with there feet up in the air.. trying to stay cool