PDA

View Full Version : okay need some cleaning advice

countrycowgirl
08-09-2004, 11:28 AM
okay since my dad is back home everything HAS TO BE REALLY CLEAN.....I am having to start givign the dogs a bath once a week I know that its not real good for there skin but I have to .... they go and play outside for atlease 5 hours a day so when they come in they kinda stink I have heard dryer sheets are good for this??:confused: ...... I jsut was wondering if anyone has any cleaning tips on how to keep the house extra clean it is not dirty or anything I just want to be extra cautios(sp?)...thanks in advance:)

pitc9
08-09-2004, 11:34 AM
A few things I use:

Swifter Dusters - for picking up dust and pet hairs off tables and/or shelves

Swifter (dry and wet) - for picking up hair off tile and/or hard wood floors

Frebreeze (sp) works the BEST for odor. I use TONS of it!!
I spray it on the couches, carpet... blankets.... everything!

And I vacuum as often as possible (I should be doing it everyday.. but I don't have the time to)

As far as bathing them often... as long as you use a good shampoo they will be fine. (no store brand shampoo) You could always as your vet what one would be the best!

micki76
08-09-2004, 11:51 AM
Lysol. Use it on every surface that it won't harm. It's a great germ killer, which is what your Dad mainly needs during his treatment. To disinfect, spray it on an then don't wipe it off, but allow it to dry on the object or surface you spray. If you wipe it off, it doesn't have a chance to kill the germs. I worked in retail for years and we always used it on our phone, computer keyboard, door knobs, toilet (everywhere, including handle), etc. I use it at home in the winter. Think of anything you touch and spray it. (except for finished furniture and painted surfaces) They also make Lysol wipes now, but I still like the spray, it gets on crevices & stuff.

If you do end up bathing the dogs weekly, use a leave in conditioner designed for them. I use ResiSoothe, it moisturizes and smells delicious.

countrycowgirl
08-09-2004, 11:59 AM
thanks I am vaccuming everyday and moping with lysol I will get some spray.... my mom told me to think of everything that we could do to clean and keep the house clean ..... and it is always clean thanks to my mom being a neat freak lol..... but disinfecting wise I guess is what I need the most advice on...micki where do I get that conditioner I started bathing them weekly last week so they will there next bath on sunday I am trying to do it every sunday agian thanks

micki76
08-09-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by countrycowgirl
micki where do I get that conditioner I started bathing them weekly last week so they will there next bath on sunday I am trying to do it every sunday agian thanks

I get it from my vet and you should be able to as well. If not, do a search online and you'll find a lot of places to order it from.

Hope your Dad's feeling ok. :)

countrycowgirl
08-09-2004, 02:05 PM
thanks micki he is doing good but he is REALLY tired he is sleeping right now:)

LorraineO
08-10-2004, 02:28 PM
check into the pet supplier stores and see if they have whats called Pet wipes,,, its a wonderful substitute for having to bathe your dog so much,, its scented lightly and takes off the dirt and extra hair,,,, I use it alot,,,

Dogz
08-10-2004, 02:40 PM
Everyone gave wonderful advice.

A biggie is keeping the dog hair off the furniture and carpet. I try to vacuum daily, altough I don't all of the time.

Remember to be careful about Swifter! (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?threadid=48671&highlight=swiffer)

Good luck, I hope your dad is feeling better. :)

GoldenRetrLuver
08-10-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Dogz
Remember to be careful about Swifter! (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?threadid=48671&highlight=swiffer)

Actually, the Swiffer thing was just a hoax. It's not real.

We use Swiffer products. They all work great. We vacuum daily, and we also use these "Pet hair rollers" that take hair off of all the furniture.