PDA

View Full Version : How Many Pounds of Kitty do you Have?

Pam
12-24-2001, 05:52 AM
Spencer the Lion brought up something in his recent post, "Oops, I did it again." He posted that his kitty Garbo weighs 18 lbs., Spencer weights 13 lbs. and Ernie weighs 11 lbs.

I thought it might be interesting to see how many pounds of kitty everyone has, since there is such a range even in Spencer's household.

Here goes mine......Andy weighs 12 lbs. and Trevor weighs 20 lbs. :o

Former User
12-24-2001, 06:05 AM
ugh, no idea how much our kitties are in pounds, but in kg's they are:

- Casper 2,6 kg
- Kitty 1,9 kg

this was at the end of october

Logan
12-24-2001, 07:09 AM
All the fatties in my house are of the human species now. Both dogs have lost weight (I might have to try that Iams Weight Control myself) :eek: .

But, Mimi is a hefty 6 pounds, and Butter weighed 11.5 at his last weigh in, but I think he is heavier now, probably closer to 13 pounds. So that's a good 19 pounds total! But both are very lean. Can't say the same thing about myself unfortunately. :(

4 feline house
12-24-2001, 10:39 AM
Let's see - Peaches recently went to the vet and was a hefty (for her) 10 pounds - she gained two pounds after she went on a diet - sounds like her human mom!

Pepper is still the runt at 9 pounds, Cookie is holding steady at 13. The Whopper, otherwise known as Shamu the Orca, is 20 pounds. So, that's 52 pounds of cat, or 4.25 pounds/paw.

[ December 24, 2001: Message edited by: Leah S ]

BigCharles
12-24-2001, 11:39 AM
Lamoni is 20lbs and Fifi is about 12. http://www.charleskincaid.com/lamoni_fifi.jpg
Lamoni is on the left. He thinks that he OWNS that table.

Pam
12-24-2001, 11:59 AM
Logan Mimi is so petite!!! I would have never known that there was such a tiny little kitty under all that fur!

This has been a very encouraging thread for Trevor. He was feeling like "the heavy" of Pet Talk but now has some company in his weight class!

It seems that Spencer and his fellow felines add up to 180 lbs. of pure cat! I guess, since that's about the size of a large human, the food bill is probably equal to what a large human would eat! :D

Leah, that's cute...4.25 lbs. per paw! Trevor and Andy would be about 4 lbs. per paw then. Somehow that doesn't sound too bad when put that way! You may have started a new way to calculate weight!

NoahsMommy
12-24-2001, 12:52 PM
What a cute topic!

Noel got weighed on Thursday: 4.8 lbs.
Noah at his last vet visit was 8 lbs, but is much bigger, we'll say about 10-12 lbs.

TheAntiPam
12-24-2001, 01:37 PM
Murf, my big orange boy, weighs 16 lbs, down a bit from his mid-life heft of 18 lbs. He has a very wide chest and heavy frame - his early days on the street were definitly as a heavy-weight fighter!

Winston is fully grown at 6 lbs. He has some physical problems that kept him from getting too big.

6 lbs vs. 16 lbs sure makes a difference when one of them wants to sleep on your chest!

4 feline house
12-24-2001, 01:46 PM
AntiPam - I hear ya! Big (who, of course is 5 lbs/paw by himself) sometimes STANDS on my hip and ribs in the middle of the night. That's when his "paws" start to feel like "spikes"!

zippy-kat
12-24-2001, 02:12 PM
What do you call a cat that has just eaten a whole duck?
A duck filled fatty puss!

*Groan* yeah, yeah...I know...lol

One more...
What does a cat get from watching too many Mickey Mouse films?
Disney Spells

Ok..I'll quit lol

BigCharles
12-26-2001, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat:
<STRONG>Ok..I'll quit lol</STRONG>

But you asked for it ... :eek:

True part:
Cindy used to date a fellow named Roy that was a high-spped lathe operator. Had his journeyman card. Not bad for a blind guy. He gave that up and got a job writing software for the Federal Government.

Humor Part:
One of his cats chewed off the laces of his brand new shoes. For weeks we could not resist going around singing:

"Pardon me Roy, it that the cat that chewed you new shoes?"

Look out! It's a race to the bottom!

yorkster
12-26-2001, 04:13 PM
Kedi: M. Coon mix, 7 yrs. old, is 14 lbs.

Wylie: pure M. Coon, 11 months old, is also already 14 lbs.
From what I understand, M. Coons don't mature completely until they are aprox. 3 yrs. old, so Wylie will be quite a large cat, yes?

That's 28 lbs. of cat so far! :eek:

todd
12-26-2001, 10:31 PM
MY cat is 11.9 lbs she was 14.0 lbs she is on weight loss diet the vet want,s her dowen to 10.0 lbs.
you all take care of your cat,s. :eek:

NoahsMommy
12-27-2001, 04:25 PM
Welcome My Angel!

You sure are doing well with your cat's diet!! I bet it is hard to get them to lose wieght. Great job!

NoahsMommy
12-27-2001, 04:25 PM
Welcome My Angel!

You sure are doing well with your cat's diet!! I bet it is hard to get them to lose wieght. Great job!

What kind of kitty do you have? What is his or her name?

rhonni
12-28-2001, 12:21 AM
Hey Yall!! Had to get in on this one!!

Puddin' weighs 15 pounds and
Trouble weighs 7 pounds

AmberLee
12-28-2001, 04:49 PM
We've been avoiding scales lately, so this is approximate.
Cassy 13 1/2 pounds
Livvy 15 pounds

28 1/2 pounds agragate; 3.5625 ppp (pounds per paw -- GREAT measurement base, Leah! ;) :D :rolleyes: :D )

catwoman
12-28-2001, 10:19 PM
Weezie is 7-1/2 pounds.
Thelma is 6-1/2 pounds.

People often ask me if they're full grown. ;)

aly
12-28-2001, 10:35 PM
Shiloh has been 8 lbs on the dot at her last two annual vet visits. She maintains her weight very well.

That's just 2 ppp :D

Former User
12-29-2001, 08:23 AM
Here's an update on Casper & Kitty's weight. Just came from the vet (to have Kitty "fixed") and he weighed both of them, so here goes:
- Casper: 3.4 Kg
- Kitty: 2.4 Kg

And he said they won't grow much anymore, so they are quite a small variety of cats :)

catwoman
12-29-2001, 02:24 PM
FYI for those of us in the States ...

Casper is approx 7-1/2 pounds and Kitty is approx 5-1/3 pounds.

Cynthia
12-29-2001, 04:40 PM
Hi gang, been absent a few days...but was so glad to read this thread and learn how much variety there is out there. Stump is about 12 pounds (after having been down to 8.5 a year ago due to hyperactive thyroid; vet says he now looks like a million bucks!). I'm guessing that Emmett weighs at least that much and probably more. It's hard to keep him still enough to weigh him! So I figure I have at least 25 pounds of kitty but likely more!

Cinder & Smoke
12-29-2001, 08:16 PM
"Dad" wanted to include Boots, the Kat, in the weigh-in; so we took the UPS scale home.
Now it's all of 4-5" x 6" big on top... :rolleyes:

Dad grabs a Kat and plunks him down onna scale and letz go. *ZIPP* Kat's inna fallin wadder klozet and the scale's tipped over faster thana eye *blink*.

Dad getz a baking sheet to make the top bigger. Adjusts the scale to reed zee-row.
Kat sees more activity inna baffroom and sprints out. After a lengthy chase round the house, Kat placed gently onna cookie sheet which is balanced onna scale. Wow, Dad! That cookie sheet did three flipz afore it hit the floor! Kat found behind drapes in living room.

Next; Dad empties the pillow outa it's bag and tracks down Kat. Kat stuffed :eek: into pillow bag and is returned to baffroom. Kat inna sack, cookie sheet and scale brought into alignment. Kat extends razor-klawz, opens pillow sack with surgical precision, dumps kat krunch bowl vaulting off sink top, and seeks refuge unner BigBed. Dad cleans up kat krunch :mad: and attempts to straighten now bent cookie sheet... Pillow sack gotz openings in boff endz :( now.

**Ding** New plan... Kat dragged, *hisssssing* and *Grooowwwwling* :mad: from unner the bed. Baffroom scale pulled out. Unhappie Kat an Dad jump on scale; reading taken. Kat released to pout in undisclosed seekrit location. Dad jumps on scale for solo reading (a hunnert an HOW many, Dad?).
Shuddup! You two are next! {Uh-Ooooh}

After blotting the red stuff leaking from his multiple lacerations onna handpawz an arms; Dad grabs SmokeMan and me, too.

Now ebberbuddie's unhappie...
Kat weighs bout 12 pounds (3ppp)...
Smokey is listed as 38 pounds - way too low...
And me, Cinder, came in at 52 pounds - an I demand a recount cuz that's 2.5 lbs mor'en the White Coat said. We don't tink Dad kan sertrakt rite!

Sure wish you Two-Leggerz wuld quit talkin bout poundz! I'm prolly gonna looze summore krunch pieces in my dinner tanite! :mad:

Buddy2101
12-29-2001, 10:33 PM
Misty-9 pounds
Tundra-9 pounds
Hoss-6 pounds
Buddy-22 pounds :rolleyes:
Smokey-8 pounds

They all seem to weigh abotu the same amount exept fat buddy bear. But thats ok we all still love him! LOL

Cattal
12-30-2001, 11:04 AM
Maximillian would rather Mh refrain from telling you his exact weight - (much the same as Mh will not reveal hers) so let's just say he comes in somewhere between 16 & 18 lbs. . .last we checked.

Kirsten
12-30-2001, 12:55 PM
Luna is 4,5 kg (must be 10 lb)

Kirsten

Helen
01-02-2002, 04:51 AM
Happy New Year to all!

Sadie weighs in at 12 pounds of cuteness.

FYI, Chuck, a stone is 14 pounds. We in UK tend to use stones/pounds, particularly for personal weight - don't think we should get into sharing info on that one!

C.C.'s Mom
01-02-2002, 09:08 AM
Okay, let's see what my cats bring at the scale. Errr... not easy when they are wiggling their way out.
Well, Rudie my giant lovely male cat is now about 7 kg and my little princess Eddy is 4,5 kg.
And now the difficult part, the conversion. Guess that Rudie has about 15,5 pounds and Eddy almost 10 pounds.

Now I finally know why it is that when I wake up in the morning I feel like I've been doing some heavy weightlifting. Those two lay on my tummy all night long. And than I didn't even mention the dog snuggling up next to me (if there's enough room than preferably on top of me) with her 25 kg which is very much forbidden but she seems to forget that every night.

Cinder & Smoke: I've been laughing sooo loud that I scared the cat out of her sleep and the dog crept away with the her tail between her legs.

[ January 02, 2002: Message edited by: C.C.'s Mom ]