PDA

View Full Version : Pouncer discovered something new

catnapper
08-09-2004, 09:04 AM
He discovered what fun a printer can be! He's never noticed it before, but for some reason this morning he realized that the printer head moves back and forth and "what fun" can be had by batting it! Ut-oh, am I in trouble or what?

I know several of you have ardent printer watchers, so what do you do to keep from an enthusiastic hunter from attacking your printer?

Tonya
08-09-2004, 09:07 AM
Hehe, my cats have't noticed the printer yet (probably because I never use it!) But they have discovered the screen. They always try to attack it.

Killearn Kitties
08-09-2004, 09:08 AM
Release lots of spiders in the room where you keep your printer?

catnapper
08-09-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties
Release lots of spiders in the room where you keep your printer?

ROTFL!!! That is definately NOT an option! Though it would divert his attention quite nicely! ;)

kuhio98
08-09-2004, 09:38 AM
Halo and Pepper haven't noticed the printer head moving back and forth yet (Cammie could care less about the printer). But, what they do find fascinating is when it grabs a piece of paper. They bat at the tray and paw at the paper and then quickly back-up when the printed page is ejected right at their heads! :D I'm going to try to get a movie of it one of these days when I figure out the new digital camera.

DJFyrewolf36
08-09-2004, 09:41 AM
Remus is scared of our laser printer. If he is in the room and it starts up, he bolts to one of his hiding spots! Silly....:rolleyes:

Barbara
08-09-2004, 09:43 AM
You have to print when the cat is asleep far away:D

That's what I do before I get Filou support:D

Kona & Oreo's mom
08-09-2004, 09:44 AM
Kona doesn't pay attention to the head, but she loves that it shoots out paper. My only solution has been to be fast and get to the finished paper before she does!

catmandu
08-09-2004, 09:50 AM
I think that just watching the paper come out,would amaze The FoundCats,to no end!

Lacey
08-09-2004, 10:19 AM
Zelda's not fascinated by the printer itself, but she's absolutely intrigued by the sound it makes when it's printing and the paper coming out of the slot. No matter where she is, if I start printing something off, she comes running as soon as she hears it start. Then she'll just crouch in front of it, right where she won't disturb the paper, and she'll just sit there and watch it do its thing! She doesn't bat at the printer, though, so I don't know how to help you with Pouncer. If spiders aren't an option, maybe moths? ;)

jazzcat
08-09-2004, 10:43 AM
Jazz is my printer problem and it's not actually the printer it's the paper. She will grab the paper as it comes out and and shred it. She loves to shred paper.

cubby31682
08-09-2004, 01:40 PM
Cubby loves to watch the printer until it is done printing and the page shoots out then he bolts. I think it's funny to watch him. One minute he is slapping at the paper the next minute he runs and hides from the same paper he was just trying to kill.

I hope no one ever breaks into my house the only way I would know is Cubby getting up and running under the bed. So much for a protector. :p ;) :rolleyes:

jenluckenbach
08-09-2004, 02:47 PM
My solution, the cats aren't allowed on the computer desk.

(yea, like that works) :rolleyes:

catcrazylady
08-09-2004, 02:48 PM
Surprisingly enough I don't have any that care for the printer. They never pay any attention at all.
Now the washing machine is a different story!;) http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-09-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach

Yep, that's the rule in my house too!!!;)

catnapper
08-09-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach

(yea, like that works) :rolleyes:

Hmmm... seems I remember seeing Monte sitting at the computer last time I visited. Was he only keping your place until you returned?

Silly Pouncer, he's not at all interested in the paper, he can see the printer head moving back and forth and wants to attack it! I bet you wouldn't be surprised to know he discover this fascinating feature of the printer this morning while BEGGING to go outside for a nice bughunt. "Meow meow meow I wanna go out meow meow, wow, what's that?" ATTACK!

carla and mike
08-09-2004, 05:20 PM
I have 2 cats that bop their heads back and forth to my printer.
They stay on the bed though and just have big wide eyes watching it.
Me and Mike laugh.But it won't be so funny when Marshall sees it,I presume.LOL:D

AmberLee
08-09-2004, 07:26 PM
Hmmm, Cassy loves to sit in the tray that the paper feeds out of. Between his weight breaking it down and my fears that his tail will get sucked in someday, I try to discourage it... One more thing to worry about.

Livvy is fascinated by the sound of the printer, but doesn't want to get her paws anywhere near it, thank goodness.