PDA

View Full Version : My Dear Boy Kirby

QueenScoopalot
08-09-2004, 08:24 AM
Kirby is a sweet but badly crippled kitty I rescued from a shelter that closed doors over a year ago. They were planning on euthanising him but I melted when I saw him and his sister. My vet was also the vet for this shelter at the time, and Dr. Dunn examined Kirby and siblings and put in a good word for me. His sister had a runny eye and they killed her...(I would have taken her too):( :( :( Kirby has very powerful hind legs now, though things weren't all roses early on. His hip popped out of the socket twice until he became strong enough. He's had no problems since he was last seen by the white coats! ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/KirbySweetBoy.jpg

Favorite hobbies are lounging around looking handsome :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/KirbyKangaroo.jpg

Who's creeping around the other side of the bed? :confused:

catmandu
08-09-2004, 08:55 AM
Kirby,is such a Brave Cat,and The Found Cats,are going to be putting,a gift Package,up,for Kirby,Winky,and Friends! There will be Toys,and surprises!Bless You,for Helping Kirby,to live!

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-09-2004, 09:33 AM
QS - there is a special place in heaven for people like you. What a blessing for Kirby that you and he found each other. (((HUGS))) to you and loads of scritchies for Kirby.

QueenScoopalot
08-09-2004, 09:43 AM
Kirby is a total snuggle-bug when I go to bed. He loves slamming himself against me for cuddles! It's very difficult for him to get around with his legs at a 45 degree angle, but he does amazingly well! My husband (so observant :rolleyes: ) saw Kirby spring onto the bed like a rocket one day, and had to remark about his leaping ability! I said to Dave "how do you think Kirby gets around)? Silly man. Kirby's knickname is Kirby Kangaroo, and Kirbstone. He loves window boxing with the kitty shadows outside the bedroom door. I have French doors in most of the upstairs rooms. I used to have lovely lace curtains until foster kittens decided they're great things to climb. :rolleyes: I scrapped that idea, frosted the glass with glass frost that makes the light come through, but gives privacy, and then put lace contact paper on the other side. It works great, and looks nice.:) And best of all....it's climb proof!

DJFyrewolf36
08-09-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
QS - there is a special place in heaven for people like you. What a blessing for Kirby that you and he found each other. (((HUGS))) to you and loads of scritchies for Kirby.

I couldn't have said it better!!! *scritches* for Kirby, and *Hugs* to you for being such a caring person!

rg_girlca
08-09-2004, 10:47 AM
Bless you Jan for saving this precious boy. He is absolutely adorable.
Thank you for sharing his story and pictures with us.

catlover4ever
08-09-2004, 10:58 AM
QS...I think Kirby knows that he lives in the lap of luxury with an angel like you!!!!

trayi52
08-09-2004, 11:04 AM
Kirby is truly an amazing boy! Right they are, there is a special place in heaven for you, Jan!

Willie:)

jazzcat
08-09-2004, 11:07 AM
What a handsome, special boy. Bless you Jan!

catcrazylady
08-09-2004, 03:12 PM
OMG! He is gorgeous! I guess I should say Handsome!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif I'm so glad he is living with you! You can tell by the look on his face that he is happy. That's wonderful!!!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

carole
08-09-2004, 03:21 PM
Everytime I read your posts Jan I am just in awe of you, you are indeed one special lady with a heart of gold, Kirby is beautiful, and so blessed to be with you, thank you for sharing his story and his pics.

P.S There is a special name for people like you Jan , its called MERCY ANGEL.:)

CatMama78
08-09-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/KirbySweetBoy.jpg

Favorite hobbies are lounging around looking handsome :D

Well he is quite the expert at his hobby :D

moosmom
08-09-2004, 04:53 PM
What a beautiful boy Kirby is!! He looks almost like he's got a little Bengal in him.

Let me get this straight, the shelter KILLED his sister because of a runny eye???? :eek: Shame on them!!! :mad:

QueenScoopalot
08-09-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
What a beautiful boy Kirby is!! He looks almost like he's got a little Bengal in him.

Let me get this straight, the shelter KILLED his sister because of a runny eye???? :eek: Shame on them!!! :mad:
Yup Donna...It was a battle with them to get them to adopt Kirby to me! I got comments like "with all the healthy cats available, why would you want this one"? Because I saw the wonderful potential in the little guy, and already had a few rescued kitties with radial hypoplasia, and radial agenesis (aka twisty kats, a term I abhor)! The term was coined by a woman Vicki Speir in Texas who was all over T.V etc. bragging about her breeding of the "ultimate cat". UGHHH. She disappeared into the woodwork after a lot of death threats, cats were stolen from her etc. Hopefully she isn't still breeding these cats which are a mutation of the polydactyl gene.

leslie flenner
08-09-2004, 10:34 PM
someday, we should gather up your handicapped cats and take a family photo- if that is possible! i know it is hard for the CH kitties to keep still with the head bobbing so maybe it would have to be a series of family handicap pics? Just an idea! Jan has a few- Ely, kirby, Papa, Impy, Ralphie, Noel, and a couple others, one who is having a hard time right now. You are an angel- you may have to keep blind kittens! Uh oh!

mspepper
08-09-2004, 10:37 PM
is a beautiful kitty!!

krazyaboutkatz
08-09-2004, 11:12 PM
He sure looks happy and content. He's quite handsome too. Thanks for saving his life. I wish there were more people like you.:)

gini
08-09-2004, 11:27 PM
How easy it would have been...........yes, let me take a healthy one.................. one with no deformities.

God love you! I am confident that Kirby does!

jenluckenbach
08-10-2004, 05:51 AM
What a sweet looking cat.

prechrswife
08-10-2004, 08:15 AM
What a special boy! QSA, you should write a book about all of your rescue work.