PDA

View Full Version : Duke's nail problems will finally be solved

dukedogsmom
08-08-2004, 07:31 PM
Libby(Fox-Gal) and I had a fun day of shopping yesterday. We both love to shop and were at the mall for quite a while. I told her next time we'd have to be at her place because there's no where even close to any shops where she lives. Plus, I really want to see her zoo. Anyway, I bought Duke a very expensive nail trimmer yesterday. I actually learned about it here. It's a Craftsman battery pack Rotary tool. With a 2 year warranty, it totaled $46. I really consider it worth it. No more stress for either of us with the nail clippers. No more nervous trips to the vet. With this, I can grind them down a little each week and get them to the length they're supposed to be, then just maintain them. No more bearclaws! Woo Hoo! Later on, I'll post pics of our trip. The SPCA was there with dogs and cats and we had fun playing with them.

MariaM
08-08-2004, 07:43 PM
I bet that must be a huge relief on your part, and on Duke's! Did you buy one of these Dremmel type things?

dukedogsmom
08-08-2004, 07:53 PM
Yeah, that's what it's like. I had to get the battery charged before I could try it out.

Shelteez2
08-08-2004, 07:53 PM
Congrats on getting a grinder! :) Hopefully Duke won't mind it. Mine don't mind it at all. They just got their nails done today in fact.
In case you haven't seen this, here is a site I love that tells you how to do it, step by step and with pics.

http://homepages.udayton.edu/~merenski/doberdawn/index.html

dappledoxie
08-08-2004, 07:58 PM
Cool deal, that things sounds very nice. :D

cloverfdx
08-09-2004, 08:10 AM
Lucky boy Duke, that sounds great. Hopefully it wont be hard to use and Duke wont mind you using it. Please let us know how you get on with it. :)

Kfamr
08-09-2004, 05:03 PM
That's wonderful! I bet you'll feel a lot better being able to keep them down some. :)

Fox-Gal
08-09-2004, 06:19 PM
Yeah, I go shopping with another woman and not my husband for a change and I still in up in to tool deperment of Sears. :p What happened to the softer side of Sears? lol

My husband still laughs that you got that for your dog. :D He's now looking at his tools in a different light. :eek: We might even give it a try on Cannilla nails, her nails are the worce to trim. Let me know if it works out as good as we hoped.

dukedogsmom
08-09-2004, 07:35 PM
That is so funny! It works really well and Duke just lays there. Doesn't mind at all. I've gotten one foot done and hope to get another one done before bed tonight. Got to work tomorrow but maybe I'll get one foot done the next two days. With that bit I got, I have to be really careful not to let his nail get too hot. I'm very pleased with the results!

sabies
08-09-2004, 08:13 PM
That's pretty neat, I'll have to look for it. Is it loud? We are fixing up our house and Sadie has become extremely sensitive to the noise of tools. Maybe she'd be scared of it or maybe it would help her relax around the other noises.

Logan
08-09-2004, 08:25 PM
Wonderful!!!!! :) I'm glad Duke is not minding the new tool, but I am mostly happy because you and Libby got to spend some time together!!! I'm a bit envious too!! ;)