PDA

View Full Version : What is your cafeine addiction?

catnapper
08-08-2004, 03:19 PM
I'm sitting here getting lightheaded and head-achy because I am completely out of Iced Tea... and don't have the pocket change to buy a gallon at the gas station across the street. Sure, I could make some, but it won't be the same since I'm totally addicted to one cetain brand. I don't know... do they add more caffeine and sugar? Both? Do they add some secret agent to create a region of Iced Tea Zombies? All I know is that I can't go more than a few hours without a sip before I start getting dizzy, head-achy, etc. No sooner do I get that first sip do my "withdrawl" symtoms go away and the world is good again. Ahhhhh.

I notice that my husband is the same way with soft-drinks, but it HAS to be Mountain Dew. With his mother, it was coffee, any old brand would do for her.

So, what's your "poison"? Is it brand specific? Do you have to have a daily fix? An hourly fix?! :p Or are you one of the lucky ones who can take it or leave it, and enjoy your coffee responsibly? :D

(PS: I'm leaving alcohol out for obvious reasons... its no joking matter to be addicted to alcohol.)

Uabassoon
08-08-2004, 03:26 PM
I LOVE drinking soda every morning.. and afternoon.. and evening. Now that I work at a coffee shop though I drink coffee when I get there at 7a.m. but I don't think that it will ever replace soda.

popcornbird
08-08-2004, 03:30 PM
I'm not addicted to any caffinated drink. Not at all. I will drink coffee or hot cocoa, OCCASIONALLY, when its cold during the winter, but I can totally do without it. I hardly ever drink tea. I cannot stand sodas. They taste like cough syrup to me. :p

My parents on the otherhand have me make tea with milk for them 2-3 times a day, and I don't think they can do without it. I don't understand *drink* addictions. I don't understand addictions period...I've just never been addicted to any drinks. The only thing I'm hopelessly addicted to is....*cough* Pet Talk!!! :o

BitsyNaceyDog
08-08-2004, 03:39 PM
I don't like tea at all. The only soda I drink is the occasional sprite if we go out to eat. I only drink coffee about once a month, when we take the 45 minute trip up to Petco, before the 45 minute ride home we stop at the Starbucks next to Petco and get a drink.

Justin on the other hand... has to have his coffee first thing in the morning and tea the rest of the day. If we go out somewhere he will get a dr. pepper or a coke.

GoldenRetrLuver
08-08-2004, 03:43 PM
Starbucks Mocha Frappuchino no whipped cream. :D

I love coffee, and we probably go to Starbucks a few times every month. I can't live without it. :p

primabella
08-08-2004, 03:58 PM
I wouldn't say I'm addicted, but I do enjoy the cup of coffee in the morning. :) Mainly some coffee with lots of milk.. nothing too strong.

Desert Arabian
08-08-2004, 04:07 PM
I usually have anywhere from 5-10 sodas a day. I am seriously addicted to soda/caffeine. I do not have enough soda/caffeine I get horrible caffeine withdrawal migraines and I get sick. I have not had a glass of white milk in about 2 years, I have had maybe 10 glasses of chocolate milk in the past year- that's it. I am going to have serious osteoporosis when I get older.

Every morning as soon as my alarm goes off I head into the kitchen and grab a can of soda. I try to buy a soda at school from the machines sometimes that is not possible. After I get home from school I usually have 5 or so sodas until bedtime.

I want to kick my addiction, because it is getting extremely unhealthy for me, my doctor said I need to stop, but I am too addicted and can't quit.

BitsyNaceyDog
08-08-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver

That's my favorite. I don't get whip cream either, I don't like it. :)

Doggirl
08-08-2004, 04:42 PM
I voted that I don't have any addictions, rules at my house are only one soda once a week, no coffee, and only a cup of tea on occasion (sp?) but there is something I'm addicted to, but its not cafinated and thats: MILK. I don't know what I'd do without my three cups of milk (or more :p) a day plus one in my cereal. I'd probably die! I normally have 2% milk but love milk in any form: Chocolate Milk, Skim Milk, Whole Milk, and when I can I *love* Milkshakes. YYL I'm sorry to hear about you're addiction. :( I hope it doesn't cause to much trouble for ou when you get older.

jazzcat
08-08-2004, 04:46 PM
I never drink caffeine. I've been off it for 5 or 6 years and one time I accidently drank some (a Mountain Dew) and I thought I was going to have a heart attack. My life is much better without it.

Really all I ever drink is water, milk and OJ. Occasionally I will drink a caffeine free mountain dew but rarely.

Kater
08-08-2004, 04:53 PM
I'm addicted to iced tea during the summer. I use various brands but I always add whole crushed cardamon seeds to the tea while it steeps. YUM! What I love about iced tea is that you don't have to make more the minute you start running out...instead you can just add ice or water. Ahhhhhh, the lazy days of summer. :D

During the school year I drink coffee - but only sometimes. Generally I need it on the morning of a test if I've been up late studying. I usually get something pretty plain to avoid extra calories - just coffee or coffee with an espresso shot. But it's gotta be KONA coffee! ;)

trayi52
08-08-2004, 05:04 PM
Yum, Coffee, coffee, coffee! I love coffee! I drink it morning, noon and night!

Willie:)

binka_nugget
08-08-2004, 05:05 PM
I was addicted to coke until just recently. I got incredibly sleepy and horrible headaches when I first stopped drinking it but now, I could go for days without it. I even find it too sweet now. :D

heinz57_79
08-08-2004, 05:13 PM
I have NO addictions!! I hate coffee, only drink tea once in a while, and I prefer sodas with little or no caffeine, ie. cream soda, or juice. :)

Toller 42
08-08-2004, 05:58 PM
I'm not addicted to anything with caffeine, I usually drink juice ar water.

wolflady
08-08-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver

I love coffee, and we probably go to Starbucks a few times every month. I can't live without it. :p

Me too! ;) I LOVE Starbucks, but if it's not available, any old coffee will do (as long as I have my flavored creamer to go with! :o )

During the Fall season, I tend to crave Chai tea lattes, and of course, during the Christmas holiday season I always look forward to the Starbucks Gingerbread latte! Yum! It's like a mouthful of cookies!!! :D

dukedogsmom
08-08-2004, 06:05 PM
I didn't choose an answer. My absolute favorite caffine drink is a caffe latte. Super good. You have to go to a coffee house to get one.

QueenScoopalot
08-08-2004, 06:18 PM
Iced fresh brewed rocket fuel for me in the A.M! I drink ice coffee year round...I get the quick get-up-and-go without waiting for it to cool off. :D If I'm sluggish and in nap mode in the afternoons I'll have half a cup usually mixed with some Nestles chocolate syrup. Never after 5-6 P.M as then I can't sleep. Oh...and chocolate, LOVE my chocolate, but in moderation maybe once or twice a month binges. Mmmmmm!

catcrazylady
08-08-2004, 06:28 PM
Coffee!! I love coffee and drink it through out the day! Coffee and water are the only things I drink unless I'm nauseated and then I will drink Coke.:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

cocker_luva
08-08-2004, 06:35 PM
I'm addicted to pop (doesnt really matter what it is: but i prefer coke.)
also i like coffee 'products'; like cappucinos, frappucinos, coffee flavored drinks like dairy queen, baskin robbins, etc.

RubyMutt
08-08-2004, 06:37 PM
Coffee, definitely coffee. I used to buy mochas every morning before work until I realized how much money I was spending on them :eek: Now, I brew a pot of coffee at home every morning and treat myself to Starbucks a couple times a week :)

KYS
08-08-2004, 06:46 PM
I am not addicted to caffine, but does
ice-cream count? ;)

lisalee
08-08-2004, 11:20 PM
Coffee!! In the morning/afternoon two cups and another two in the evening. I love my coffee. :D

Tonya
08-08-2004, 11:20 PM
Nothing right now since I'm pregnant...but when I'm not, Diet Mountain Dew all the way!

carole
08-08-2004, 11:44 PM
I don't have a caffine addiction, I drink maybe one cup or two at the most of Tea a day if that, but mainly only in winter, I don't drink coffee at all, and soft drinks just for a treat, but chocolate well thats another thread lol.

slick
08-08-2004, 11:53 PM
I don't drink coffee at all....

but......

in the hot summertime......

I would kill for an.........

Iced Capp!!!! :D :D

davidpizzica
08-09-2004, 04:08 AM
Diet pop is my addiction. Although I'm starting to buy it with no caffiene.

jenluckenbach
08-09-2004, 05:13 AM
Diet DECAF ice tea

Diet DECAF coke (but rarely)

Coffee is POISON

the only cafeine (see, I can't even spell the word) I get is in my headache medicine :D

joycenalex
08-09-2004, 07:19 AM
i am a coffee snob! i dislike folgers coffee, already ground in a can it has a harsh dusty taste to me, most commerically made coffee isn't good tasting to me. since my surgery, i cannot drink coffee in the am, so i drink a mug of luzanne tea, with 1/2 sweet&low, otherwise i couldn't go to work. i love the ritual of making "my" perfect cup of coffee, i buy beans in very small amounts, 1/4- 1/3 pound from a near by coffee house that roasts their own beans, i
grind what i'll use for 15 seconds, then immediately pour 2 T for one cup, then place the cold filtered water in a drip pot, then wait. i drink mainly decaf with a small splash of half and half to make the coffee medium brown. yesterday i was at a friend from the dominican republic, she made some perked coffee in a very small pot, she said it was the traditional hispanic pot. does anyone know the name of that pot? that coffee was excellent.

cloverfdx
08-09-2004, 09:02 AM
No caffine addictions here either. :)

Logan
08-09-2004, 09:50 AM
"Addiction" is a pretty strong word. I don't think I'm addicted, but I do crave a Diet Coke at times. I drink 1-2/day (used to be more than that), and I do not drink Coffee at all. My drink of choice at meals is usually water, and the only soft drink I ever drink is Diet Coke.

Logan

DJFyrewolf36
08-09-2004, 12:46 PM
Addiction is being "nice" when it comes to me! I am a cafeine NUTCASE! Oh sure, I get my daily dose of milk and water *If I don't drink at least a couple of big glasses of both in a day, I tend to feel ill* but I guzzle soda like a fiend. Mountain Dew and Dr. Pepper are my absolute favorites. I also am a coffee nut *I'm snobbish, I don't like that caned stuff either* but since I primarily drink soda thats what I voted.

I KNOW I have a physical dependancy on cafeine. When I was in the hospital they told me I couldn't have any cafeine at all and I was such a basket case! I was jittery and I ached all over. I wasn't the most patient patient they ever had thats for sure!

CathyBogart
08-09-2004, 01:11 PM
http://www.bawls.com/

BAWLS!!! I wouldn't say i'm addicted since it's hard to get around here, but that stuff is POTENT, and if I need a pick-me-up it is my drug of choice. Plus, you can make SO many crude jokes with the name!

Tina
08-09-2004, 01:15 PM
I have to have a soda when I first get up in the morning. I am pretty addicted to it. I've been trying to cut back on it though since I drink to much of it.

NoahsMommy
08-09-2004, 01:19 PM
The only thing caffeine does to me is make my tummy hurt (if its in coffee). So I stick to Starbucks decaf specialty drinks (Mocha Frappuccino or Pepperming Mocha).

If I drink soda, I prefer Pepsi or something orange flavored. I drink Sprite so much for my stomach, I don't count that as a "favorite". ;)

My "addiction" is chocolate. When I get upset it does an excellent job in calming me down. Really, any good quality chocolate will do... :)