PDA

View Full Version : Surgeons in China Re-attach Woman's Lips After Dog Bit Them Off

QueenScoopalot
08-08-2004, 01:59 PM
http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=3&art_id=qw1091775421385B253

Hong Kong - Surgeons in China have re-attached a woman's lips after her pet dog bit them off when she kissed it, a news report said on Friday.

The woman regularly kissed her dog but one night in June the animal turned on her and bit off and swallowed her lips, according to the South China Morning Post.

The woman's family spent 40 minutes getting the dog to cough the lips up and surgeons in Xian, central China, were able to reattach them, the newspaper said. - Sapa-DPA

I can somewhat sort of relate to this story, as when I was five, my lips were bitten off by a beagle. The dog didn't swallow them though! I had them stitched back on after losing lots of blood (in the good old days, a parent needed to give permission for me to be rushed to the hospital). Instead I was driven to my house in a police car, and I recall an entire box or so of kleenex being used to control the bleeding! I had to endure speech therapy for a few years after that, but I still love dogs! I just don't kiss them on the mouth!:rolleyes:

wolflady
08-08-2004, 02:01 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

KYS
08-08-2004, 02:40 PM
How horrible. :(

Almost makes me think twice about kissing my dogs.

popcornbird
08-08-2004, 02:45 PM
:eek::eek::eek:

I would never kiss a dog, or any animal, on the *mouth* to begin with. :o

jazzcat
08-08-2004, 02:50 PM
Ouch!:eek:

Kfamr
08-08-2004, 03:13 PM
I could never think twice about kissing my dogs on the mouth. I normally hold their muzzles while kissing them, anyways. :p

Uabassoon
08-08-2004, 03:41 PM
Poor lady, I would be scared to kiss another dog if that happened to me.

dappledoxie
08-08-2004, 04:17 PM
How awful!

swimma253
08-08-2004, 04:34 PM
thats awful!!! But I find it kind of hard to believe that he swallowed them...?:confused: But I guess it could happen...

molucass
08-08-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I could never think twice about kissing my dogs on the mouth. I normally hold their muzzles while kissing them, anyways. :p

Ditto! :)

GoldenRetrLuver
08-08-2004, 07:21 PM
That's terrible. :(

I never kiss my dogs on the mouth. Neither of them are very kissy as it is, and I like it better that way. ;)

Amber
08-08-2004, 07:29 PM
:eek:

leslie flenner
08-08-2004, 08:57 PM
My best friend had a dog (my house always was just cats) and we kissed Ollie on the lips constantly (she was named after Olivia Hussey, who played Juliet! We must have gone to see Romeo and Juliet at least 6 or 7 times and cried every time! Anyway, never bit! But, I do try to hold the muzzle now because it just seems like a good idea. Jan, any pics of you with no lips?

chocolatepuppy
08-08-2004, 09:12 PM
I kiss my dogs on the top of their head. Never really thought about kissing their mouth. Might try to slip me the tongue!:D

QueenScoopalot
08-08-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by leslie flenner
My best friend had a dog (my house always was just cats) and we kissed Ollie on the lips constantly (she was named after Olivia Hussey, who played Juliet! We must have gone to see Romeo and Juliet at least 6 or 7 times and cried every time! Anyway, never bit! But, I do try to hold the muzzle now because it just seems like a good idea. Jan, any pics of you with no lips?
Leslie..my lips were shredded, not removed and swallowed. Yuck! Somewhere there's pictures of me as a little kid with donald duck lips and plenty of scars. I have no idea who has them....not me. Oh well. P.S I know where dogs mouths have been, and I'm not so sure I buy the idea that their mouths are cleaner than humans. :rolleyes: :D

KYS
08-08-2004, 10:07 PM
posted by chocolatepuppy: Never really thought about kissing their mouth. Might try to slip me the tongue!:D >>>>>

LOL! Your post had me rolling on the floor laughing. :D

slick
08-09-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by chocolatepuppy
Might try to slip me the tongue!:D
:D :D :D ROFLMAO!!! This story won't sway me a bit. I have many friends with dogs and I will always kiss them on the mouth. So I have no lips for awhile? Count your blessings, people. :D :D

cali
08-09-2004, 01:01 AM
lol I dont think twice about kissing my babys on the lips either, and they kiss me back(at the same time, like I end up kissing their tounge lol) :p

binka_nugget
08-09-2004, 01:16 AM
Poor woman! I wonder why it would just "turn on her".

During the first couple weeks we had Kaedyn, he nipped me on the lips. And now, he's always trying to sneak kisses.

lizzielou742
08-09-2004, 08:17 AM
Oh! How sad. I am glad they were able to reattach her lips though. Same for you QSA, glad it turned out OK. My best friend was bitten my her Old English Sheepdog when she was in 5th grade. She bent down to give the dog a hug before leaving the house, and he couldn't see her through the fur over his eyes, and he accidentally bit her!! :eek: She said right after it happened, the dog shrunk back in fear and whimpered. She said you could tell the dog didn't mean to do it. She loved that dog!! :( It was a pretty bad bite - he pretty much took off the left side of her face. Bit completely through her cheek, and left it hanging off her face. But, a couple plastic surgeries fixed it!! You can't even tell. Here she is now (she's on the left, I'm on the right, sorry I look like crap):

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid133/p971540174c3b2ddd190a5e5eac98e24b/f77f9520.jpg

Can you tell? Isn't medicine amazing?

QueenScoopalot
08-09-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by lizzielou742
Oh! How sad. I am glad they were able to reattach her lips though. Same for you QSA, glad it turned out OK. My best friend was bitten my her Old English Sheepdog when she was in 5th grade. She bent down to give the dog a hug before leaving the house, and he couldn't see her through the fur over his eyes, and he accidentally bit her!! :eek: She said right after it happened, the dog shrunk back in fear and whimpered. She said you could tell the dog didn't mean to do it. She loved that dog!! :( It was a pretty bad bite - he pretty much took off the left side of her face. Bit completely through her cheek, and left it hanging off her face. But, a couple plastic surgeries fixed it!! You can't even tell. Here she is now (she's on the left, I'm on the right, sorry I look like crap):

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid133/p971540174c3b2ddd190a5e5eac98e24b/f77f9520.jpg

Can you tell? Isn't medicine amazing?
WOW!!:eek: :eek: :eek: The miracles of good plastic surgeons! Or is it plastic white coats? :confused: :D :) There were'nt many plastic surgeons when I was five, but the scars aren't too noticable. As we get older those lines creep off our lips anyway! Just happened earlier for me. *sigh*:rolleyes: