PDA

View Full Version : Donations pouring in for elderly dognapping victim

QueenScoopalot
08-08-2004, 01:47 PM
http://www.thekcrachannel.com/news/3614957/detail.html

Dog Held For $10,000 Ransom Last Month

POSTED: 7:58 am PDT August 4, 2004
UPDATED: 8:33 am PDT August 4, 2004

VALLEY SPRINGS, Calif. -- Life is returning to normal for a Calaveras County man whose dog was held for a $10,000 ransom last month.

Not only did Frank Compton get his dog back safely, he's getting his money back thanks to a compassionate public that learned of his plight on KCRA 3 and other media outlets across the country.

Compton said he's received about 150 letters and donations from people all over the country who said they were touched by his story.

Pam Ronsey gave Compton $100.

"I just can't imagine losing my pet and having to give up half my life savings to get him back ... but I would," Ronsey said.

The Calaveras County Sheriff's Department has released a composite sketch of one of the two men they believe took Compton's dog Sandy and held Compton at knifepoint before taking his money.

Kristin Coon said she as so moved by the story, she offered to give Sandy free dog food for life.

"That's how I felt when I saw Frank's story. Oh boy, that would be like him losing his child," Coon said.

Compton said he's amazed by the response and that the letters have restored his faith in humanity.

"There are still a lot of bad people in the world, but it's nice to know there are some good ones, too," he said.

Compton said he wants to thank everyone for his cards, letters and donations.

Previous Story:
July 28, 2004:
http://www.thekcrachannel.com/news/3587107/detail.html

delidog
08-08-2004, 09:10 PM
Sad Story,But Happy Ending....Glad that people are helping.....
So Glad Sandy was returned

QueenScoopalot
08-08-2004, 10:02 PM
Me too, and may they have many more happy days together. AND catch the sorry excuses for humans that did that. They'll no doubt strike another elderly person again like that.

Tonya
08-09-2004, 08:48 AM
Oh, good! That is so wonderful. I'm glad that he is getting taken care of!