PDA

View Full Version : Bugs in the bathroom

catnapper
08-08-2004, 08:37 AM
I kept wondering how my bathroom can be so bug-ridden. I have never seen any in there when I'm there alone, but it sems Allen and Pouncer always find bugs in there. I've been wondering how it could be!

I should have known (especially given the variety of bug types) that when Pouncer catches a bug while on the porch, he RUNS to the bathroom to play with it on the smooth surface of the bathroom floor! DUH!

I heard this God-awful racket on the porch this morning and then Pouncer went flying through the room, straight into the bathroom where he dropped this HUMONGOUS black moth on the floor! Allen came running and both boys were trying to torment the poor creature to death. :eek: He found death all right - I picked Pouncer up (not easy when he's squirming for all its worth) grabbed tissue off the roll, picked black moth up, and flushed him down the toilet.

Oh geesh, they're both crying in the hallway -- what knd of flying creature are they stalking now? :rolleyes:

catcrazylady
08-08-2004, 08:46 AM
ROFLOL!!! Momma! You took all their fun and flushed it down the toilet!! Shame on you!!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif
Look at this way...there's never a dull moment!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

catnapper
08-08-2004, 09:07 AM
No sooner did I hit "post" did Pouncer come running in here to EAT whatever bug he caught. No wonder he's gained weight this summer! He's supplemented his diet with insects! (And Jen tried to tell me that its because I've been giving him Lamb and Rice...)

catnapper
08-08-2004, 09:44 AM
Busy day for the Pounce-man! He just caught a Cicada! :eek: Once again, the mad dash to the bathroom. He DID NOT want to give this one up. He sat in the bathroom crying for a few minutes, looking for the bug I took away.

I walked back into the bathroom, and asked him what was wrong, and I SWEAR he was talking ot me. :D I told him that he could go back onto the balcony to find more, so he happily ran back onto the balcony! LOL

Barbara
08-08-2004, 10:32 AM
In my house they can eat as many bugs as they want. I won't come close enough to take them away:eek: :eek:

My sweet Tigris' little mouth with fat spider legs sticking out:eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

gini
08-08-2004, 10:58 AM
At my house it is the little lizards they find in the yard. They are so proud to have caught it and prance around looking so pleased.

Yuck!

Once in a while I will find a cricket (dead) on the floor in the morning - and I shudder to think what horrible torment that it received.

catmandu
08-08-2004, 10:58 AM
The Found Cats,not being Hunters,will watch the Bugs closely,and block thier dishes,but let living Bugs,live!

jazzcat
08-08-2004, 11:41 AM
Around here anyone who catches and/or kills a bug gets big praises. Lately that has been my little huntress Jazz. The only time I have stopped her was when she was trying to get the wasp that flew in when I opened the door.

AmberLee
08-08-2004, 11:51 PM
My, I feel vicious now. When I am the first to spot a bug, the call is "Bug, bug, bug" or "Spider, spider, spider" and typical one or two doughy fighters show up to see just how interesting things might get... So I guess I'm an enabler. :eek: :rolleyes:

heinz57_79
08-09-2004, 12:49 AM
ROFL! Kim, you're such a killjoy! Pouncer works SO hard to catch his entertainment and you go and flush it! How would you like it if Pouncer flushed your computer down the toilet??? Besides having one major issue for Drano, you'd be miserable! Poor Pouncer! I feel for ya, dude! :D

Barbara
08-09-2004, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by jazzcat
Around here anyone who catches and/or kills a bug gets big praises. Lately that has been my little huntress Jazz. The only time I have stopped her was when she was trying to get the wasp that flew in when I opened the door.

Aaaw- now we see another bond between Tigris and Jazz: the passion for hunting:D