PDA

View Full Version : Fire ants...ouch

BitsyNaceyDog
08-08-2004, 07:00 AM
Friday night I asked Justin if he had gotten the mail, he hadn't. I went out to the mail box and then walked from my mail box to my neighbors, he's out of town and asked us to get his mail. It was like 10pm, so it was dark, as I walked to his mail box I stepped into a fire ant mound. OUCH! I tried getting them off as I ran into the house and put my foot in the bathtub under cold running water. I have 11 fire ant bites on my foot, 8 of which are on my toes. My foot, especially the toes, are sore and itchy.

Sorry, I know it's a pointless thread.

KYS
08-08-2004, 07:47 AM
Ouch!

Not pointless at all.
I hope your foot is feeling better soon.
So far we do not have any fire ants in our
area.

Cookiebaker
08-08-2004, 07:53 AM
Y:eek:UCH! :mad: That sounds horrible! Feel Better Soon!

Pam
08-08-2004, 08:01 AM
OUCH!! We don't have fire ants around here (at least not that I know of!) A few nights ago I was at a friend's house and was eaten alive by mosquitos (probably got about 15 bites in no time flat!) and I thought that was bad! Hope you feel better soon!

chocolatepuppy
08-08-2004, 08:02 AM
I remember being attacked by those nasty little ants! It hurts and itches for days! I see you live in St. Cloud. I lived in Kissimmee way back in 83-84.

BitsyNaceyDog
08-08-2004, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by chocolatepuppy
I remember being attacked by those nasty little ants! It hurts and itches for days! I see you live in St. Cloud. I lived in Kissimmee way back in 83-84.

That's cool that you used to live in Kissimmee. I've lived in St.Cloud since 1995.

catnapper
08-08-2004, 08:58 AM
Owie! If I saw this post a week ago, I'd have never understood what pain a fire ant could inflict... but my friend came in to visit from Texas and she had all these hurtful looking bug bites all up and down her foot and ankle... I could feel how bad it hurt just by looking at the red welts! Even after a full week of visiting, those welts remained. Glad we don't have those ants around here!

Kfamr
08-09-2004, 04:45 PM
Ahhhh.. the lovely thrills of living in Florida! :rolleyes: :p