PDA

View Full Version : Uh-Oh...Chicken bones...

DogLover9501
08-07-2004, 11:07 PM
As I mentioned, its my mom and dads anniversary party.

Anyway my little cousin didn't want her chick wing, so I layed it on the table, assuming it would be fine because Jasper NEVER takes stuff from the table.

Well he did :( he ate the whole thing.

Is there anything I should watch for?? I have given him bread...

Aspen and Misty
08-07-2004, 11:15 PM
I don't know, but chicken bones remind me of my sweet girl Nova.

When we went to get her from te SPCA and were brining her home we stopped for KFC, we ate it all and put it all in a bag. Well Nova dove for it and ate like 6 bones before I could stop her! It was so horrible, I felt like the WORST mom EVER. My poor baby!! LOL, noting happened though. I'm not even sure what to watch for any more. LOL.

Ash

MariaM
08-07-2004, 11:21 PM
Been there, done that. Make sure he is pooping regularly, is the only thing I can thing of.

GoldenRetrLuver
08-08-2004, 12:07 AM
Watch for throwing up, and make sure his stools are regular. If he's going normally, he should be fine.

binka_nugget
08-08-2004, 02:03 AM
Just make sure he acts normal (poops normal, eats normal, drinks normal, etc).

DogLover9501
08-08-2004, 08:43 AM
Thanks everyone! I been watching him alot, and he's still asleep right now(11:13am) lol, I'll be keeping a close eye on him all day!!

MariaM
08-09-2004, 01:27 AM
How's he been doing so far?

heinz57_79
08-09-2004, 05:56 AM
You wouldn't BELIEVE the things my pups have gotten into! WHOLE chickens, 3 lbs of fudge, etc. :rolleyes: Just keep an eye on him, like everyone's suggested. Chances are he chewed it pretty good before he swallowed it, so unless you notice problems with his stool or vomiting, he should be ok. :)

Sevens
08-09-2004, 08:59 AM
Everybody on here is right, try not to worry so much about the bone. I freaked out when this happened to Bailey, but it's really not as bad as it seems.

Bailey did this about a month or so ago. She ate a chicken thigh bone. The vet said watch her for the first 12 hours to see if she had diarrhea, vomiting, or lethargy. If you see any of these symptoms, take Jasper to the vet IMMEDIATELY. After the first 24 hours if you don't see any of the symptoms, then you are almost out of the woods.

The last thing you have to look out for is constipation. If Jasper has any symptoms, call the vet and they will probably give him some meds to un-constipate him.

It'll be ok...please give Jasper some hugs from me!:)