PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Communication?

MariaM
08-07-2004, 10:51 PM
This is multiple choice. What are your preferred methods of communication?

Shelteez2
08-07-2004, 11:14 PM
I voted for email and instant messaging.
I HATE talking on the phone. Don't know why, just do. :D

jazzcat
08-07-2004, 11:38 PM
I'm a phone, message board and email kind of person.

kingrattus
08-07-2004, 11:44 PM
Everything but snail mail. I have no one to mail letters to.
Its very hih tech here, there r tones of radios to talk on, we have a bike radio was use. I chat alot online, send a few emails, chat on the phone when I'm at work heheh

carole
08-08-2004, 12:08 AM
Email for sure, as it is so quick and I am used to typing after taking if for some years at school, and then the phone I guess, I am not into text messaging, but will use it on ocassion when there is a need for it, snail mail, hey what is that? I am the most terrible letter writer, and now everything is done on my computer, I have moved with the times a bit I suppose.

Desert Arabian
08-08-2004, 12:09 AM
Everything but telephone, I ABSOLUTELY HATE talking on the telephone! Hate, hate, hate, hate, hate talking on the phone, with friends it's not too bad, but I still hate talking on the phone.

binka_nugget
08-08-2004, 02:10 AM
I'm always online so I guess instant messaging, email and forums are the easiest way for me. I hate talking on the phone. I don't even bother answering anymore unless I know someone is going to be calling me. It's nice to get snail mail too though.

Kfamr
08-08-2004, 02:31 AM
Instant message or in person.

I rarely ever talk on the phone and NEVE answer it unless someone's leaving a message on the answering machine for me to do so :p

Lillycat
08-08-2004, 02:38 AM
i enjoy writing letters, so much more personal i think. em is ok tho also.....know what you all mean about the phone...

catnapper
08-08-2004, 07:41 AM
Glad to see that I'm not the only one who hates the phone! :) I'll do anything to avoid picking up the phone and dialing someone. I'd rather go to the doctor's office in person to make an appointment instead of calling (which ALWAYS gets raised eyebrows, but I always get a human instead of a machine :D )

KYS
08-08-2004, 07:45 AM
my first choice I put other:
I prefer communicating face to face.
2nd choice, I love e-mail. :)

(I also do not like talking on the phone)

Pam
08-08-2004, 07:57 AM
I enjoy it all but I think I prefer the phone in most cases. I like to hear the voice of the person I am talking to. :) That said, in the past I would sometimes get roped into unending phone calls from a certain in-law but now with caller ID I can take the call right away (if I have the whole day open! LOL!) or call them back later on. For that one person I prefer e-mail! When I say in an e-mail "gotta go" they can't stop me, because I just log off! LOL!

anna_66
08-08-2004, 08:12 AM
I voted instant messaging and phone.

I'm like Pam, I like to hear the persons voice I'm talking to:)

primabella
08-08-2004, 09:45 AM
I voted forums, instant messenging and phone. I usually prefer MSN to speak with my friends but if I'm talking to someone close, I'd rather speak on the phone. :) And of course forums/PM's are good to speak with online friends.

bluekat
08-08-2004, 10:42 AM
I'm usually on the computer the most so Instant Messaging and Forums:p I don't like the phone either, I just talk to about 2 of my closest friends on the phone regularly lol. But I voted for that too. And I voted for email but I very rarely use email anymore. Well, I do for forwarding stuff but not actually talking since there's msn:p

And I don't think I've EVER used snail mail before lol.

lisalee
08-08-2004, 11:24 PM
Message boards, email or in person. I never enjoyed talking on the phone.

heinz57_79
08-09-2004, 12:52 AM
I voted for email, instant message and snail mail. I actually enjoy writing letters, even tho no one really writes anymore. I love getting real mail. A card, a letter, pictures. But it never happens. Hell, I hardly get email these days. *sigh* But I don't use the phone much, just cuz it's usually easier to find my friends and such online. And with some friends and family all over the world, email is more practical.

captain
08-09-2004, 02:24 AM
I use SMS (Short Message Service) on my mobile phone.

as well as e-mail and Instant Messanging