PDA

View Full Version : What in the ****???

MariaM
08-07-2004, 09:26 AM
Ok, now I am REALLY worried. This morning, Major was licking his incision a bit. Then, maybe a couple minutes later, he tried to hump/mount his BLANKET! I thought maybe I was seeing things, but then a couple minutes later he did that again! Do you think this was like a test to see if he could still do that? Or should I be VERY concerned?????:confused: :(

Tonya
08-07-2004, 09:31 AM
It's normal. Dusty is neutered and he still humps things from time to time.

jazzcat
08-07-2004, 11:28 AM
I don't know about dogs but Ripley, my cat was neutered at 5 months old and he still gets a little amorous at age 12. His favorite mate is an old Oscar the Grouch hand puppet. Isn't that kind of sick? LOL!

catnapper
08-07-2004, 11:37 AM
Nicki's a girl and she humps ALL the time. Its really quite embarassing to see a girl dog doing that!

But Pouncer was humoping for a few days after his surjery too... I think its fairly normal.

KYS
08-07-2004, 11:45 AM
Don't let Major lick his stitches.

As for the humping, it probably takes a few months
for his hormons to wash out of his sytem, so to speak. ;)

Spaying (female) Sheba never stopped her humping.
(was a dominant issue with her.)
Rocky ceased humping a few months after being
neutered, but he wasn't much of a humper in
the first place. :)

cloverfdx
08-07-2004, 11:54 AM
That is pretty normal ;) My Mums JRT x, Female still humps toys on occasions and so does Elvis and he was neutered about 4 months ago.

MariaM
08-07-2004, 12:07 PM
The vet said that if he licks excessively, he needs to get one of those Elizabethian collars, but she said he will lick it a little bit.

Well, it just sort of concerned me because he has never done that before. But thanks everone!

MariaM
08-07-2004, 08:12 PM
Are you guys SURE this is normal? He tried to hump his blanket 7 times today already, and other than today, he has NEVER done this before!

Tina
08-07-2004, 08:24 PM
LOL yes I think it is pretty normal.

Ginger(female) likes to hump the cats.:o

LorraineO
08-07-2004, 08:34 PM
hehehehe.... he IS a guy,,,, a male,,,,, relax.... I think he will be justttt fine!