PDA

View Full Version : Nebo was kicked out of agility class...

wolf_Q
08-06-2004, 11:58 PM
Because he was sick! He had diahrea the last time he was there (I think he was sick from going on the trip) and he did go in there I think one other time. It's freaking gravel. We cleaned it up. One of the other dogs (an unneutered aussie) peed in there ALL the time.

I really feel awful right now. I enjoyed those agility classes very much, and so did Nebo. I'm sure I could find another class, but I really don't think I'm going to bother.

This is the email I just read:

Hi Amy;

I'm sorry, but I have been asked by Robyn ( the arena owner) to ask you not to bring Nebo back. Apparently we didn't clean his accident well enough. ( I thought we did!). She thinks he has done it more than once, so she doesn't want him back. I don't remember him ever pottying in the arena before, but she is very adamant that it was him.

I am so sorry - he is a wonderful dog. As agility is a growing sport, I'm sure there will be classes springing up soon down south. Use me as a reference if you need to.

I will be canceling the Thursday night class, and will be combining the Tuesday and Wednesday classes... so I'll be home most nights if you'd like to call and chat.

Again, I'm so sorry this has happened. Keep working with the beasty boy!

Judy

The best part is that my computer hasn't been working (and still isn't) so I didn't read this until now, and I drove up there Thursday night to find the gate locked. :( :( :( :(

GoldenRetrLuver
08-07-2004, 12:01 AM
That's really unfair. :(

I'm so sorry, Amy. Hopefully you and Nebo can find another class somewhere, if you do decide to look for one.

jazzcat
08-07-2004, 12:25 AM
I'm sorry. That really stinks.

Toller 42
08-07-2004, 12:39 AM
I'm very sorry:(
I hope you can find another class, I'm sure Nebo will miss doing Agility.:( I don't think it's right for them to kick you guys out of agility classes just because he was sick.

riley
08-07-2004, 12:51 AM
Im sorry
I bet you can find another place since its getting to be really popular:(

Kfamr
08-07-2004, 12:52 AM
Like I said on AIM.. That's really screwed. You'd think if they were actual dog lovers or something that they'd understand.

That's like not letting a child back to daycare because he/she poops theirs pants.

cloverfdx
08-07-2004, 01:05 AM
Oh Amy that sucks :( poor Nebo could not help it. I hope you find classes closer to home and with people that understand.

wolf_Q
08-07-2004, 02:45 AM
Thanks everyone. I don't know why I'm so upset about this, but I really am. :(

RobiLee
08-07-2004, 05:36 AM
Aw, Amy...thats just not right. I just don't understand. Why would they do that? I mean they are working with dogs and when a dog has to go a dog has to go! If they had a problem with the way things were cleaned up why didn't they talk to you and explain how THEY like it done. It just doesn't sound fair.

Try not to be too bummed about it. Start looking around for somewhere else to take Nebo. I know it is something that you both really enjoyed so don't give it up.

Hugs for you and Nebo.....Robin :)

chocolatepuppy
08-07-2004, 06:21 AM
What? Dogs that do agility never go to the bathroom? Good luck finding a better place!

Cookiebaker
08-07-2004, 06:50 AM
:( Amy, that totally doesn't sound fair at all! If Nebo had to go, he HAD to go. And it doesn't sound reasonable to have a dog agility arena that is not dog proof because things do happen. (At least they do to my dogs!!! :rolleyes: )

{{Hugs to you and Neebs}}

heinz57_79
08-07-2004, 07:42 AM
That sucks! I dont think that's fair at ALL. If I were you I'd be asking this woman why, and why she couldn't tell you herself. Dogs have accidents! For gods sake, PEOPLE have accidents. That is no reason to deny Nebo this chance. I think it's ridiculous. I hope you can find a new class for Nebo.

CountryWolf07
08-07-2004, 07:51 AM
Awww, Amy!

I agree with the others - that's not right - I mean, you get an e-mail? Should've been a phone call.. It isn't Nebo's fault or anything like that either! That's stupid.

KYS
08-07-2004, 08:01 AM
I think that was very unfair.
I hope you do find another class.
It would be a shame not to continue when
you both enjoy it so much.

chocolatepuppy
08-07-2004, 08:17 AM
I just thought of something. Remember the time a few years ago a dog pooped at Westminster? I believe that dog won in it's group. He did it right on national tv and they didn't throw him out! Maybe you and Nebo will be better off somewhere else!

pitc9
08-07-2004, 08:29 AM
That sucks!! I'm sure that just means your bound to find a better class!!! Keep your chin up!! ~*Hugs*~ to you both!!

lovemyshiba
08-07-2004, 08:29 AM
That's not fair at all.

I'm sorry that Nebo was kicked out for such a stupid reason.

You and Nebo are better than that place, I hope you can find something else.

Pam
08-07-2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by chocolatepuppy
I just thought of something. Remember the time a few years ago a dog pooped at Westminster? I believe that dog won in it's group. He did it right on national tv and they didn't throw him out! Maybe you and Nebo will be better off somewhere else!

I was just about to post this very thing! :) Amy, I think she could have given you the courtesy of a phone call. How horrible that you had to make that drive for nothing! Not everyone logs onto their computer on a daily basis (except of course us PTers :rolleyes: ) That was pretty inconsiderate.

:mad:

DogLover9501
08-07-2004, 09:47 AM
Oh, Amy :( That doesn't seem fair or understanding at all. I understand how it could upset you!

I hope you can enroll Nebo into a better class.

Karen
08-07-2004, 09:51 AM
She was just jealous 'cause Nebo's so pretty, she couldn't stand it I bet! :p

Think of it as "school vacation" until you find another class. They don't deserve yours and his time and attention.

anna_66
08-07-2004, 09:56 AM
Well that's just not right:mad: I can't imagine how alienated you feel. Well if they are going to be like that I wouldn't want to go there anyway. Did you get your money refunded?

I hope you can find another place to take him since it sounds like he liked it so much.

Crikit
08-07-2004, 11:05 AM
Oh Amy that sucks, I'm sorry. It's not fair that Nebo had to get kicked out of class for something like that, especially considering that it's in an arena and it can easily be taken of if the owner so desired. I guess that just settles it, you'll have to come up here and take some agility classes ;)

sabies
08-07-2004, 11:50 AM
Amy that is terrible and I agree with what everyone else has said - you should have gotten more than an email and why does a dog get kicked out for having diarrhea a couple of times?

It's understandable you are upset, you were just treated rudely and disrespectfully. I hope you can find another place.

wolf_Q
08-07-2004, 12:22 PM
Thanks everyone. There's really not many classes offered around here, that was the closest one and it was a 30 min drive. So I really don't think I'll be finding another class.

Maybe this isn't true, but I do think Nebo was more likely to be kicked out than any other dog simply because he's a husky. Everyone (including the arena owner) there were aussie people. I always kind of felt like an outsider because of that.

lizzielou742
08-07-2004, 12:25 PM
Poor you! That sucks. I would be upset that they handled a little doggie upset stomach that way. Good luck finding a better place to take Nebo for agility.

He's beautiful BTW!!

K9soul
08-07-2004, 01:27 PM
Oh Amy, I can understand how upsetting that would be. I know it would have me torn up, what a horrible thing for them to do! I just feel shocked that they would boot a dog out of class for an accident :confused: :(. How hurtful and humiliating that must have felt, I can truly understand how you must be feeling, I wish I could offer more than words. Try not to be down or feel any shame in it, you and Nebo did nothing wrong, nothing to deserve that cruel treatment. We all love and support you and Nebo here, you know that {{hugs}}

Don't give up, I hope something better comes along that you and Nebo can actually enjoy without snooty judgemental people tarnishing your joy in it.

Karen
08-07-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Thanks everyone. There's really not many classes offered around here, that was the closest one and it was a 30 min drive. So I really don't think I'll be finding another class.

Maybe this isn't true, but I do think Nebo was more likely to be kicked out than any other dog simply because he's a husky. Everyone (including the arena owner) there were aussie people. I always kind of felt like an outsider because of that.

That's your answer! Put out a call for other non-Aussie agility people - they may have been put off by the same attitudes you encountered in the class! Start your own class, consult with the friendlier trainer to see if she'd teach! An all-breeds-welcome agility class - Come Short, Come Tall, Come One, Come All!

Kater
08-07-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by K9soul
I just feel shocked that they would boot a dog out of class for an accident :confused: :(.
Exactly! How unfair. :( Well, I certainly hope you can find another class or maybe organize one like Karen suggested! Judy sounds willing to help you as she can! I know you two enjoy agility so please don't let this ruin it for you!!!

Amber
08-07-2004, 04:19 PM
That is bull!

Thats very unfair. I can't believe they would kick out a dog for that. I hope you find a much better place to enrool Nebo at.