PDA

View Full Version : Wedding tribute ???

AmberLee
12-18-2001, 06:16 PM
Hi all,

If you are not aware, a thread in General under the subject started by Leah with a title of Sad over missing items (http://PetoftheDay.com/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=21&t=000402) the discussion has migrated to a wedding announcement for Casper and Kitty's parents. They (Niina and Patrick) will be getting married on Wed. 9 Jan 2002.

Thought: what if we commit to either celebrating 'their' day by celebrating with our cats, or doing something for the cat community beyond what we normally would (possibly a donation?), or something local community oriented so that their wedding has a positive ripple effect around the world? Sort of a {{{cyberhug}}} tribute? Does this sound good to you too, or is it just me? At any rate, I've set my calendar to have an extra-special play session with my fur-babies that day, and am considering doing some voluntary trash pickup in my neighborhood and 'dedicating' it to C&K's parents. It sounds nice to me that their wedding would have a little positive ripple in the Pacific time zone, nearly half-way around the world...

Thoughts?

Comments?

[P.S. Thank you, Leah, for supplying the groom's name! Really appreciate it!]

[ December 19, 2001: Message edited by: AmberLee ]

zippy-kat
12-18-2001, 06:23 PM
Sounds great! Count me in!

4 feline house
12-18-2001, 09:21 PM
By the way, Niina's intended is Patrick.

I think it's a wonderful idea!

Former User
12-19-2001, 07:06 AM
Way to go Leah, knowing our names ;)

Nice to hear about the tributes.
Everyone just spend time with your furkids, play with them, hug them etc. That makes us happy! And treasure your loved ones.

I'd like to share our story with you guys, but I think this is a bit too public place for that :(
And a wrong place too, cat forum for human wedding :D ;) :D

[ December 19, 2001: Message edited by: Casper & Kitty ]

Cougie Wechsler
12-19-2001, 07:26 AM
Ah, I love a good love story :D ! I would not mind to hear about a human wedding on a cat forum! Do tell!

Heather Wallace
12-19-2001, 08:37 AM
Yes your ripple effect has now spread over the Altantic, on the 9th January I will do something for the animals. All nine of them that I have.

Love Hx

Logan
12-19-2001, 08:52 AM
When I saw the title of this post, I just knew that Leah was going to announce that Oliver (Tatsxxx11) and Olivia (AmberLee) were going to tie the knot after their very public romance! :D

Congratulations, Niina and Patrick, on your upcoming wedding!! We wish the very best for you! :)

[ December 19, 2001: Message edited by: Logan ]

Former User
12-19-2001, 08:59 AM
Thank you Logan! :)

aguu
12-19-2001, 10:14 AM
Niina and Patrick - congratulations!!
And please do tell us your love story!!

Former User
12-19-2001, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by aguu:
<STRONG>Niina and Patrick - congratulations!!
And please do tell us your love story!!</STRONG>

Thanx!

I'd like to, but as I said earlier, this is a bit too public place for it...

thelmalu99
12-19-2001, 10:33 AM
Niina and Patrick,
Congratulations again! All the best!

AmberLee, I think that's a brilliant idea! Sending out good vibes from Pet Talk on Niina and Patrick's special day will be a lovely thing to do. Good thinking!
I think a bottle of champagne may be in order... :D

gini
12-19-2001, 07:22 PM
I betcha Phred or ZippyKat will be able to come up with some appropriate graphics for January 9th - like fireworks.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could all just go to Belgium and celebrate with you in person (at our expense of course).

Something special will be done at my house to celebrate your special day.

4 feline house
12-19-2001, 08:41 PM
http://www.osu.edu/units/ir/ess/HSS/fireworks.jpg http://www.deerislemaine.com/fireworks.jpg http://www.danheller.com/images/Nevada/LasVegas/Misc/fireworks.jpg http://www.trinity.edu/departments/public_relations/pres_page/images/fireworks.jpg

[ December 19, 2001: Message edited by: Leah S ]

gini
12-19-2001, 09:03 PM
YEAH!!!! EXACTLY WHAT I HAD IN MIND!

AmberLee
12-19-2001, 09:13 PM
Well done, Leah!!!

Cinder & Smoke
12-19-2001, 09:29 PM
Dad sez CONGRATz to Niina and Patrick :D!

Those *Star*Bursturz* were purdy neet! We need ta getz anudder 'purmit' and shoot em off again onna rite day next munth.

Are Casper & Kitty gonna be the ring haulers atta wedding? Look purdy neat wiff each wun walkin down the aisle wiffa ring onna tailbone :cool:.

And is passin out *treetz* ta the FurKidz a propur tribute? We're tryin ta make Dad think so...

Former User
12-20-2001, 01:45 AM
Awwww, Thank You everyone!!! So sweet of you!

And Chuck, you difinitely AREN'T boring! Ask anyone here at Pet Talk and they will tell the same. You are one of the most interesting people here, and I always love reading your posts.

gini
12-20-2001, 09:32 AM
Phred, "Ring Haulers".........

This made me laugh out loud. I can just hear the wedding coordinator, or pastor
saying

"AND WHO HAVE YOU SELECTED AS YOUR RING HAULERS"?

Maybe we need to borrow your fire truck.

NoahsMommy
12-20-2001, 11:40 AM
Ring haulers!!! Too, too cute!!

Niina, as a newlywed myself (7 months yesterday), I have to tell you one very important thing....please, please take the time to take the whole day in. I remember EVERY moment of the day and it is so wonderful to look at our pictures and remember even the emotion I felt at each moment. I have friends who planned thier weddings for a year or two and cannot remember walking down the aisle, the music or reception. It is well worth it, AND you are so much calmer! ;)

I wish you and your fiance much love and happiness!!

God Bless!!

P.S. Noah and Noel offer our apartment to Casper and Kitty while you are on your honeymoon... :D

Former User
12-20-2001, 12:07 PM
Thanx Kelly! We won't be getting married in church though, but I plan to enjoy the day fully.

Casper and Kitty say thanx for Noah and Noel, great idea guys! :D

tatsxxx11
12-20-2001, 07:59 PM
Congratulations Niina and Patrick! I hope you enjoy every moment of your special day, and every day thereafter! All kitties here will stand at attention and raise a paw in honor of the blessed union. And in honor of your love for our furry friends, we plan do something special for our devoted companions and those who as of yet, are still awaiting the "love of their lives!" Congratulations to you both! Love, Sandra

Gio
12-21-2001, 03:35 AM
Congratulations from me as well. Marked the day in my diary so that I will be able to do some remote celabrating with you!

Pam
12-21-2001, 05:14 AM
Congratulations to you both! In honor of your special day I am sure all of the kitties represented on these boards will raise a toast to Casper and Kitty's mom and dad. Of course it would have to be a glass of krunchies or, in Trevor's case, he will probably ask for a glass of yogurt! The calendar is marked and I am counting the days with you!

Former User
12-21-2001, 06:29 AM
Awwwwwww, how nice. We'll have to figure something for C&K, a special treat or new toys maybe. Or some yummy food maybe (I hear Casper meowing loud yes to food ;) )

Cattal
12-23-2001, 11:24 AM
Awww . . .early congrats from Max and his human's, too!

No matter how you spend the day - ~Noah's Mommy is right - take it slow and don't sweat the small stuff. Next thing you know it is 3.5 years later like us!

Cattal
12-23-2001, 11:28 AM
Awww . . .early congrats from Max and his human's, too!

No matter how you spend the day - ~Noah's Mommy is right - take it slow and don't sweat the small stuff. Next thing you know it is 3.5 years later like us!

tuxluvr
12-24-2001, 07:12 PM
Congrats to C&K's mom & dad! Our next anniversary will be number 28 - time flies with a good friend!