PDA

View Full Version : Soup with my kibbles in?

Randi
08-06-2004, 03:12 PM
We had a good laugh today at dinner. First dish was Gazpacho (a cold Spanish soup). I had got some delicious Italian croutons to put on top. As we sat there at the table, Fister was in the windowsill chilling out in the heat. I poured some croutons in my soup, and there's Fister - right on the table in front of my soup!! He thought is was his dry food. :rolleyes: I offered him one, but he didn't like them.

Barbara
08-06-2004, 03:16 PM
Then you hadn't roasted them in enough olive oil:D

Randi
08-06-2004, 03:20 PM
I think the garlic taste may have put him off! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
08-06-2004, 03:23 PM
If it looks like kibble, and pours like kibble, it surly must be kibble!!! He probably wonders WHAT you did to HIS kibble!:D

Randi
08-06-2004, 03:35 PM
MOFF! Yes, the sound was just like his dry food coming out of that bag. What a dissapointment for him. :eek: It was fun to see his fast reaction though. :D

Cinder & Smoke
08-06-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Randi

It was fun to see his fast reaction though.
:D

If that had been Boots, da Kat;
he wouldn't have stopped "in front on my soup" ~

He'd have had one paw Dipped :eek: INto my soup,
*fishin* for a Byte!

:p ..

Edwina's Secretary
08-06-2004, 04:31 PM
Nothing comes between a cat and his kibbles!

Tonya
08-06-2004, 08:25 PM
Hehe, they have that sound down pat. Ron always runs in when I open cans and I rarely feed him wet food!

kimlovescats
08-06-2004, 09:00 PM
How funny ... wish I could have seen the look on his poor face!!!:D

catmandu
08-07-2004, 08:49 AM
Michael,The Mild wont eat Crutons,but he will bat them ,back and forth,until he has placed it,where I cant help stepping,on it!OUCH!

Killearn Kitties
08-07-2004, 02:03 PM
:D What were you thinking, putting Fister's kibbles in your soup? :eek: They're not for humans! Did he take your pillow last night, since you had taken his kibble?

jazzcat
08-07-2004, 02:07 PM
LOL!!! Poor Fister.

Kater
08-07-2004, 02:59 PM
How funny! :D

koxka
08-07-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Randi
I think the garlic taste may have put him off! :D

Definitely :D

Randy_K
08-07-2004, 04:27 PM
Haven't tried gazpacho on Mango yet. He'll eat Chicken Masala (with garlic, onion, cardamom, ginger, green chilis, lemon, nutmeg) and other very spicy foods so he might like it. Peaches likes escargot (in garlic) and a sweet white wine like a Gewürztraminer. Abys can be high maintenance...

koxka
08-07-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Randy_K
Haven't tried gazpacho on Mango yet. He'll eat Chicken Masala (with garlic, onion, cardamom, ginger, green chilis, lemon, nutmeg) and other very spicy foods so he might like it. Peaches likes escargo (in garlic) and a sweet white wine like a Gewürztraminer. Abys can be high maintenance...

LOL , scargots Ã_ la bourgignone, alsacian white wine....!
Would you mind if I join the abys for supper ? :p :D

Randy_K
08-07-2004, 05:23 PM
They do the clean-up. No dish washing in this house! Peaches is a bit of a food thief, though. Any ungarded wineglass has her face in it and the escargot she stole (and ran off with it and gobbled it down!). She even will attack an unattended flavored martini... and got too much on one occasion. We are more careful around her these days although she really does have a wine preference!

Cinder & Smoke
08-07-2004, 11:51 PM

I have to keep a "close eye" on Boots, da Kat, when MY dinner
has been dished out!
He has a hankerin for ALL things cheese - and is NOT bashful about
trying to slip the CHEESE part of a cheese-burger out from under the bun! :mad:
And somewhere I just told "the Tail" about him *paw-dippin* into
a HUGE bowl of Mac 'n Cheese on the stove!
And watch the spagetti after you dust it with grated Cheese -
he's not fond of the sauce - but he's a Very Fast *Cheese LICKer*!! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Randy_K

They do the clean-up.
No dish washing in this house!

She even will attack an unattended flavored martini...
and got too much on one occasion.

Dish Warshers?
Got THREE - da KAT and his two Dawggie "assistants"!

"Unattended Martinis" ??
Reminds me of my High School years dog - Lady - a lil Pom/Mix...
My folks had company over for dinner -
and a guest had set his Martini down on the fireplace hearth...
And mentioned he didn't *think* he'd finished it off... ??
Half hour later everyone knew WHERE the "missing Martini" went -
When poor Lady started bumping in walls! :p

/s/ Phred .

NoahsMommy
08-08-2004, 01:19 AM
ha ha!! Fister, you are too cute!! No croutons for you, huh? :)

Basie does the same thing, but oposite. He's my eating companion whenever I eat cereal because I give him a tiny bit of the milk when I'm done. Whenever he hears the sound of something going into a bowl, he's obsessive.

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-08-2004, 06:58 AM
I can just imagine the look on his face!! Ally is a food thief with Biltong (South African food - a bit like beef Jerkey). She will try to snatch it between the bag and my mouth. Also if I drik Archers Peach Schnapps she hovers around and tries to lick my lips!! Need to keep an eye on this lot!! PARTEEEE KITTEEEES!!

lbaker
08-08-2004, 07:09 AM
What I don't understand is why the cats start salivating when they hear the can opener when I don't even GIVE them canned food :confused: Sometimes I fix them special soft food from the stove (chicken stuff or liver etc) but really! I open a can and they come running from all over.. I swear they can even be outside and I open a can and there's a cat, right in the kitchen window :eek: Well maybe I will give them the tuna fish juz out of a can but that's only occasionally.

Cinder & Smoke
08-08-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by lbaker

... cats start salivating when they hear the can opener
when I don't even GIVE them canned food :confused:

... Well maybe I will give them the
tuna fish juz out of a can
but that's only occasionally.

Kat have been "genetically programmed" to
*respond* to Can Openers ever since The Can was invented!

And giving Tuna Fish Juze out of a Tuna Can -
JUST ONE TIME -
permanently cements the Kat's relationship to
the Can Opener!

Edwina's Secretary
08-08-2004, 08:09 PM
Although I love cereal I rarely have it as keeping milk on hand is beyond my culinary abilities. But once in a while I'll get it all together....to Eddie eternal gratitude! He can here me open the box of cereal ...no matter how far away or how sound asleep.... and is on the table with his head in my bowl....waiting for the milk to be poured!

Barbara
08-09-2004, 03:58 AM
Filou and Siegmar share cereals and milk:D

Siegmar pours the milk and Filou sits on the table and puts his little paw in to lick the milk from the paw. It looks adorable:D

Filou also loves stuff like Chicken Masala and usually cleans out the pan in the kitchen while we are eating. He sometimes smells lightly like Garam Masala.

;)

Abys are convinced they are humans, this is why they like all that kind of food:)

Randi
08-09-2004, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
.... Also if I drik Archers Peach Schnapps she hovers around and tries to lick my lips!! Need to keep an eye on this lot!! PARTEEEE KITTEEEES!!
Ally, a potential alcoholic!!! And Peaches too!! :eek: :eek:

Cinder & Smoke
JUST ONE TIME -
the Can Opener!
Isn't that true!! :D When Pjevs in the yard hears me open a can, he'll be standing by the door downstairs immediately - so Laurie, I believe you! If I open other cans than cat food, I usually close the window, so he can't hear it - he would be so dissapointed. :(

Barbara, I can just picture Filou and Siegmar sharing their cereal. :) :D

Randy_K
08-09-2004, 12:54 PM
This is the little Peach monster (little as in 6 pounds / 2.7 kg) in action:

http://home.att.net/~rjknox/Peaches.jpg

http://home.att.net/~rjknox/Cocktail_Peach.jpg

http://home.att.net/~rjknox/Peaches_2.jpg

DJFyrewolf36
08-09-2004, 01:08 PM
I have to watch my tea, as Remus will guzzle a whole glass if you let him! Otherwise he is such a picky brat! He lothes fast food *and doesn't hesitate to tell me this when I bring it home :rolleyes:* he gives me this look like "Meowme, you aren't bringing home good food!"

When anyone cooks, he is right on the counter begging for scraps, especially if we are having anything with chicken or tuna in it. He seems to have a thing with pizza too...

Once, Remus tasted some of my beer. I thought for sure his glare would turn me into stone!

Barbara
08-09-2004, 01:31 PM
Randy: that's incredible! Up to now even Filou left my drinks ....

But what shall I say. We had Creme Brulee with Grand Marnier this weekend. And Filou loved it just as much as he would have loved plain Creme Brulee:D

Every 5 star restaurant should have an Aby taster who checks whether the food is good enough:D

Vermontcat
08-09-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
Kat have been "genetically programmed" to
*respond* to Can Openers ever since The Can was invented!

JUST ONE TIME -
the Can Opener!

This explains why my cat Samantha always comes running when she hears the can opener.
She gets very vocal and demands to know what is in whatever can we have just opened.
Lucky for her she got to enjoy some tuna juice today!:)

Barbara, Sallyanne's Juni is the official taste tester at Camp Vermont.
When I have visited up there, Juni always had her nose in whatever was put out on the table.:p

Randy_K
08-09-2004, 02:38 PM
I've gotten accustomed to having a cat sitting beside the dinner plate purring loudly at me. We have a rule: no stealing food from the plate. Mango is a good boy but Peaches has to be watched as she younger and more impatient and she will grab and run. Mango waits his turn 'cause he knows there will be something for him.

And every can, box or bag of food has to be inspected when it's opened just to be sure it isn't something worth eating right now.

I suspect an Aby would do really well in a 5 star restaurant! At least so long as the patrons don't mind fang marks on their food, pieces missing, being crowded from their plates ("Here, let me eat that for you...") and the like.

RICHARD
08-16-2004, 04:38 PM
'There's a mouse in my soup'

Heinz is considering legal action after a woman claimed she found a dead mouse inside a can of soup.

Therese Oulad, 49, claims the mouse was floating on top of her Cream of Tomato soup.

She told the Sun: "I almost threw up - it was horrific. I thought I was hallucinating when I saw this black creature standing up in my lunch."

The tin of soup was bought for her by a friend from a Safeway near her home in Northolt, West London.

But Heinz spokesman Michael Mullen said: "This is a completely unsubstantiated allegation and we are shocked that such a story was published without any investigation or validation by a government authority.

"If as expected the mouse was placed in the soup outside of Heinz's control, we will review our legal options."

Mr Mullen added: "It's virtually impossible for this incident to have occurred."

All soup cans were upside-down during processing and compressed air was blown in to clear any debris. The soup was sieved and the can immediately sealed.

He added: "We are confident once the product is examined it will turn out the animal was not present during processing."
--------------------------------------------------

If not croutons maybe some Cream of Vermin soup???