PDA

View Full Version : no one knows what to do:(

Jamieejo85
08-06-2004, 12:35 PM
I have called numerous vets about Bella today. She has not eaten in the past two days and is not active at all. It seems as though she is fighting to live. Everyone is telling me to go back to the vet where I got her shots but he is clueless and says he cannot do bloodwork because she is too small:confused: . I cannot afford a lot right now but luckily I have a friend Terry who will lend me the money..she is a fellow dog lover. So i have an appointment at 1 30 at a vet to see if this one knows what is going on. One vet I called said she may need to be on an IV...god i hope she is okay..please keep us in your prayers, thank you!

aly
08-06-2004, 12:41 PM
It does sound like she needs to be on IV. You have a wonderful friend. I'm so glad she's helping you out. That's really weird that the vet said she's too small to take blood. How small is she?

You and Bella will be in my prayers. I hope all goes well.

cloverfdx
08-06-2004, 12:42 PM
Get well thoughts and prayers on the way for little Bella.

heinz57_79
08-06-2004, 12:42 PM
I'm sorry to hear things haven't gotten any better. I hope the vet can give you a little insight, and hopefully have a solution. We'll keep you in our thoughts, and all 52 paws will be crossed until you can give us an update. :)

pitc9
08-06-2004, 01:04 PM
I am so sorry to hear your news, I pray someone finds out what is wrong with your little Bella so she can get better!

God Bless Good Friends!!!!:D

tatsxxx11
08-06-2004, 01:29 PM
Oh no:(:(:( Bella definitely needs medical attention immediately. I would have lost faith in the first vet by now. Hopefully today's visit with the new vet will give you some answers and hope. You and Bella are lucky to have a special friend like Terry:) Please check back after the visit. Bella needs all our prayers right now. Hoping for an encouraging update and thinking of you both. {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

Logan
08-06-2004, 03:20 PM
I do hope that your precious Bella is ok, maybe fighting off a bug or something. Yes, I'm trying to think positively! :) Let us know what the vet says, and in the meantime, Bella is definitely in our prayers!!!!!

Logan

dukedogsmom
08-06-2004, 03:25 PM
I hope you find out what's wrong. That was great of your friend to help you. If you don't find out anything today, please see another vet. My vet does bloodwork on the spot. How tiny is she?

Jamieejo85
08-06-2004, 03:38 PM
Well I just got back from the vet. They kept her there. I am picking her up at 7 30. They said the problem was low blood sugar..hers was at 25 and dogs are known to go into comas under 90. SHe's a lil fighter. THe main thing he said is to keep getting her to eat even though I have to put it in her mouth. And he gave me some medication that will help her blood sugar level go up. He told me they have seen two chis, one smaller than her, one the same weight(15oz) with the same problem and they got them through it. i have faith in this vet and now will continue going to him. I will keep you all updated and as soon as she is well I will take pics and post them..she is such a doll! THank you all for all of your support!!

tatsxxx11
08-06-2004, 04:28 PM
I'm SO relieved to hear that Bella's getting the care she needs! Wow, a blood sugar of 25!:eek: Did the first vet not do any blood work??? You're so lucky to have found a caring and competent vet, and just in time! Hope she continues to improve. Please check back with us when you get your sweetie home! Prayers continue for precious doll baby Bella:)

KYS
08-06-2004, 04:40 PM
Great news!

I am so glad you like this new Vet.
Sending many good thoughts for
a 100% recover her your sweet girl.

RobiLee
08-06-2004, 04:44 PM
Hang in there, Bella.

I'm so glad that you found a new vet that you like. What a great friend you have to help you out in your time of need.

I'll keep Bella in my thoughts.

Robin :)

Jamieejo85
08-08-2004, 06:34 AM
well after i picked her up at the vet, i fed her a little and gave her the medication they gave me. 15 minutes later, she threw up. i called and they told me to take her to the animal emergency center and they hooked her up to an IV and kept her overnight. we picked her up at noon yesterday. she is still weak, she is sometimes falling over when she walks and we have to put her food in her mouth because she will not eat on her own but she has improved...

tatsxxx11
08-08-2004, 06:52 AM
Oh Bella, please get better sweetie. Did the vet give you more specific info. re: what he thinks is the cause of this? What medication is she on? Poor baby girl. Hopefull now she will be able to keep her food down and start to regain her strength. We're praying for you precious little Bella. Please keep us updated. {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

Rachel
08-08-2004, 07:12 AM
I am so sorry to hear of all the problems Bella is having. It must be very stressful to see her so sick. At least the vet has identified what the problem is. I will pray that she is able to weather this crisis and that she will be stabilized soon.

Come on, Little Bella, fight the good fight for Mommy.

anna_66
08-08-2004, 08:19 AM
Sorry to come in late on this but i didn't see it until just now.

I do hope that Bella is doing well this am. Please keep us update.

I will be keeping you and your little sweetie in my prayers.

Holly's mom
08-08-2004, 11:17 AM
Oh, I hope sweet little Bella is doing better today.:( Please let us know how she is doing.

pitc9
08-08-2004, 11:21 AM
Come on Bella!! Keep fighting sweetie!

You both are in my prayers!

LorraineO
08-08-2004, 11:24 AM
Heres to hoping Bella has better luck over the next while,,, Keep on trying.... she has a big heart that wee one!!

Albea
08-08-2004, 11:55 AM
Poor little Bella! I hope that with a good vet and our prayers she'll be better soon.

Cazi
08-08-2004, 04:40 PM
Aww poor Bella. And the first Vet wants investigating; diabolical that he couldn't do blood work:mad:

Keep fighting Bella.

Sudilar
08-08-2004, 09:24 PM
I am so sorry to hear that little Bella is not well. I will pray that she gets better quickly.

cocker_luva
08-08-2004, 11:07 PM
Com'on Bella, you can do it!!! fight fight fight

Jesse and I send our thoughts, good vibes, prayers; whatever and however much you both need!

Uabassoon
08-08-2004, 11:10 PM
How is Bella doing today? I hope she's doing better and keeps fighting.

Toller 42
08-08-2004, 11:11 PM
I hope she gets better soon:( I've heard that this type of problem occurs alot in young Chihuahuas.

tatsxxx11
08-09-2004, 12:26 PM
Hope you're doing better today, Bella:) Plesae have your mom check in when she can...thinking of you and sending lots of get well wishes your way...prayers continue for you sweet baby girl.

dogs_4_me
08-09-2004, 12:58 PM
aww let us no about the out come! i will think about you all day!!!!! is she drinking water?

Dot
08-11-2004, 10:13 PM
Is there no word about Bella? Is there something in a new thread, maybe? Can't help worrying about that poor little dog!

Jamieejo85
08-11-2004, 11:18 PM
Sorry I havent kept you all updated. Bella passed away on August 8th 2004, my birthday:( . I cannot stop thinking about her. It is so sad, she held on as long as she could though. At least she isn't in pain anymore. I don't think I will ever be able to get another dog (other than the one I have already). We buried her in my grandparents yard because Omar would probably dig her up in our yard..and she has a cute little tombstone that my grandpa made for her....

dogs_4_me
08-11-2004, 11:22 PM
I'm so sorry, I bet Bella is looking down on you right now.

Dot
08-12-2004, 07:52 AM
So very sorry!!!

:-(

LorraineO
08-12-2004, 08:40 AM
I am so sorry about Bella.... Rest easy.....

prechrswife
08-12-2004, 08:55 AM
I'm so sorry.:(

tatsxxx11
08-12-2004, 01:19 PM
Oh no:( I'm so, so sorry for your great loss:( It's heartbraking that your precious little baby Bella's life was cut so tragically short. But during her brief time on this earth, she was so blessed to have known the love of such a caring and devoted guardian. You did all you could to help her. But now your baby is suffering no more and I'm sure, is looking down from Rainbow Bridge, sending down all her love to comfort you during this difficult time. And one day, in the far distant future, you and Bella will be together again. Until then, hold tight to the beautiful memories you hold in your heart. I know right now your pain is great. But after your heart has healed some, perhaps you will be able to consider welcoming another needy, precious pupper into your life. Bless you beautiful Bella. Love, Sandra

Rachel
08-12-2004, 03:54 PM
How very, very sad that no one was able to save Bella. You tried so very hard to find the solution that just was not available. May the dear little one find the joy of renewed health and vigor at the Rainbow Bridge. I am so very sorry for your loss. I do hope that the pain in your heart will heal.

lizzielou742
08-13-2004, 12:22 PM
Oh no! I missed all this when it happened. I am sorry Bella had to go. I know it's hard, but you can try to take heart in knowing you will see her again at the Rainbow Bridge. :(

((hugs))